Lower framerates in VR with mig?

Harlikwin

So the mig is one of my favorite aircraft, and I recently got a Rift, and I'm noticing significantly lower frame rates when flying the mig, up to the point its barely flyable. Is this a known issue? Is it a higher poly model than other planes? For reference the Harrier or the F5 flies a solid 45fps with very occasional dips to the 30's, and the mig usually is more in the 30's than 40's with dips into the 20's or teens when dogfighting. I know I have far from an optimal VR setup, but it seems odd to me that difference would be so large. Also, I recall there was a way to turn off the mirror, but I can't seem to find the option to see if that would help.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have reported the issue in the bugtracker here: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=817

It seems to be caused by something in the engine simulation (if you remove the engine device it runs a lot better but you lose afterburner and other stuff), but so far it has not been fixed.

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

Didn't you had lower framerate with MiG-21bis even when using a monitor (before you got the VR setup)?

I think maybe i did, but since frames were higher overall it didnt bother me as much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have reported the issue in the bugtracker here: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=817

It seems to be caused by something in the engine simulation (if you remove the engine device it runs a lot better but you lose afterburner and other stuff), but so far it has not been fixed.

Does using simplified engine fix it?

This is unique issue for only mig-21, it does not matter vr or non vr. it is the worst of all.

we are all waiting for to be fixed.

I do not exaggerate but exactly it costs -10 fps lost.

no other products have this issue.

for me, mig is the most challenging product but I didnt touch it for along time and wont touch it until it will be fixed.

Same here, lower fps with the mig. And landing lights shine through the cockpit lol, please give this bird some love. It is still the most produced jet aircraft on this planet, a very important module for DCS.
The lights stuff is on the ED side, it affects all modules.

However, the ultra bright taxi light during day is on the Magnitude side..

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is unique issue for only mig-21, it does not matter vr or non vr. it is the worst of all.

we are all waiting for to be fixed.

I do not exaggerate but exactly it costs -10 fps lost.

no other products have this issue.

for me, mig is the most challenging product but I didnt touch it for along time and wont touch it until it will be fixed.

At least 10fps... I can run most planes at 45fps in VR, the mig struggles to stay in the 30's...

The gazelle with the TV on is similar.

For me the Razbam models are the least demanding (best VR fps) followed by Belsimtek/ED. The Viggen is ok, though a bit low at times.