Special Request~ Su-33

chrno120

Is there anyone generous enough to post a Gunfight track using the Su-33? :)

Preferably versus F-15/F-16/Mirage (any of the three jets as opponents will do.)

You see.. i suck at using the Su-33 at guns only fight..

i don't know why but i can't place my guns at the bandit.

Although i can easily make a gun kill using the Su-27. (Wierd huh? :P )

The most stupid member in the forum

Yes, you want to stay just above stalling. You keep the nose pitched just before a stall. sometimes you release, gain some energy, then pitch up into the bandit for the kill. It's all about energy management.

You are having difficulty with the Su-33 because it's the worst flyable fighter in lock on in terms of turn radius/rate. That's why I always fly the 27.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanks~ i've checked it out~

just noticed.. in most player-made guns fight tracks, the pilots maneuver near stall speed i guess or somewhere slow. The jet's starting to vibrate.

It all depends on what you're trying to do and what fighter you're up against.

Here's 3 Tracks: the 33 v Mirage is that standard BnZ maneuver that you would perform if your enemy can severely out turn you .. the toughest part is to actually keep an eye on your opponent. You can also go low and slow with the Mirage with out any problems but the best way is to just fight in the vertical.

The first 33vF16 track is an intuitive method of just turning with the F16 which is not something I would personally do but you can easily stay with the 16 as long as you follow one simple rule; and that is never try to keep him, or any any fighter, in the HUD all the time because you'll just bleed off all your speed and end up a siting duck. However if you extend a little during the fight keeping the enemy in the, say above the canopy frame then this will allow you to keep a more competitive maneuvering speed and when you see the enemy fly into or near your hud then pull the hard G's and shoot.

The second 33v16 is the method I would choose for most close in fights with AI because it's the most fun :) . Basically I try to get into a vertical rolling scissors, once again not forcing him into the Hud until I'm ready and once the enemy has lost enough airspeed then you just get into position and shoot.

The Su33 is Just as competitive as any fighter in the this game but if you're going to use intuitive tactics that the F15 and Su27 may allow you then you will find the 33 very difficult indeed but if you think in the vertical then you'll come out on top every time... well near enough :smilewink:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I am no expert in dogfighting, but I always think that these BFM's are unpractical, at least partially.

They are useful if you happen to end up in a turning fight in a furball situation. But for 1v1 head-on engagment, I cannot tell if the enemy is carrying missiles or not, and launch trail can be hard to observe in broad day light, I would not risk lead turning him at corner velocity, since then I would not have enough speed to evade a high aspect missile.

But then I am not sure what can be done. Usually I just barrel roll like mad when the enemy is approaching, hoping to shake off any head-on missiles. Right after the enemy zip pass me, I can then enter a close range turning fight, close enough that his missiles are ineffective, then peel the angles away and guns, guns, guns.

You are having difficulty with the Su-33 because it's the worst flyable fighter in lock on in terms of turn radius/rate. That's why I always fly the 27.

Seriously no, it's about skill rather than the plane. Sure sometimes yes, the -33 is a beast, but the only real issue is the lower thrust to weight ratio compared to the -27, that's it.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

http://562.50megs.com/LOMAC/Tracks/turning.zip

A track I just did for some fun on some turning abilities of the Su-33. As mentioned, to get a tighter turn... you gotta almost stall, and do some other things. Unfortunately at one point I got distracted and almost crashed.. but recovery was easy. LOMAC FC 1.12

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers