DCS 2nd free map

ebabil

Financially stupid to release this as a Free map Great commercial potential.

Free maps will be a lot simpler - by the nature of it.

this forum has largely "decided" that - but there really isn't any evidence to form that conclusion

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ships cannot be placed in lakes without scripting effort. We had to do that for NTTR and in the end the thing just looks stupid there. A map without sea will be as desolate as Afghanistan.

Also an interesting point would be to release a map without any access to oceans - maybe a lake where you cant place an aircraft carrier

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Why say that? I find the idea interesting. Like something in the alps (Even when this isn't a showplays for many known plane fights) or so - Something with interesting geographical features - Maybe besides the nevada training area the canadian training area? Mach loop would be again close to the ocean.

Sure, not interesting for people who like using ships and aircraft carriers, but we will see what map will be released incl. the dlc maps... (Some of which we are quite sure alrdy)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

• 1 month later...

Make Normandy and WW2 assets free. This is coming from someone who already owns both. The WW2 side needs to draw more players and the barrier to entry is too high. Bad business move

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Make Normandy and WW2 assets free.

I guess upcoming MAC will adress this in some degree - there are planned free parts of some maps.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Make Normandy and WW2 assets free. This is coming from someone who already owns both. The WW2 side needs to draw more players and the barrier to entry is too high. Bad business move

Normandy and WW2 assets has from a KickStarter, surely the founders dont get them very funny. And about "Bad" Business move..... incoming 3 new WW2 aircrafts and two more follow, more ww2 assets, new maps, and the "testbed" on new features to DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Yes!

Mach Loop in Wales.

That would be really nice.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Good thing that there aren't any political problems in the Persian Gulf, or we wouldn't have it:music_whistling:

The Persian Gulf Map (previously Straight of Hormuz), was build based on the 2012 dispute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Strait_of_Hormuz_dispute

Not by a "invasion" and de facto anexion. Remember ED has a Russian company, with team on Minsk.

That would make a lot of sense, now with the 2 WWII maps comming.

I have Normandy and the Asset pack, but I don't have WWII planes at the moment ... it could push me to buy some planes and the new maps

Wait, 2 WWII maps coming? I was interested in Normandy but the performance issues and lack of UK geography modeled turned me away from it. I'm excited to know what's in store for WWII stuff. The Fw190 A8 will probably be a Day One purchase for me.

afghanistan is not gonna be free as already in development by 3rd parties, I hope crimea as part of Caucasus would be awesome!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I really don't think that it is Crimea. It has been stated many times that they will not do Crimea due to current political climate surrounding it. Also, even if they would, I don't think it would be announced as a new map, but as an additional improvement of detailed areas for Caucasus map, as it does already include the region.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Let's hope its some kind of european/american map?

We have already 2 in the desert. Something like the alps or generall green map would be nice.

IMHO the two perfect maps for DCS World would be:

1) Fulda Cap

That is where the expected T-55 army breakthrough was said to happen, and where the A-10 would have been operational.

2) The northern Norwegian Sea

That is where the massive fleets would have measured each others, with the submarines and air combat. Great for Su-33 and F/A-18C for carrier operations.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

IMHO the two perfect maps for DCS World would be:

1) Fulda Cap

That is where the expected T-55 army breakthrough was said to happen, and where the A-10 would have been operational.

2) The northern Norwegian Sea

That is where the massive fleets would have measured each others, with the submarines and air combat. Great for Su-33 and F/A-18C for carrier operations.

The one small problem with that is that the cold war was over for 20 years if you are talking about DCS aircraft. A10C (2005) F/A-18C (~2003?) Su-33 (1998)...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The one small problem with that is that the cold war was over for 20 years if you are talking about DCS aircraft. A10C (2005) F/A-18C (~2003?) Su-33 (1998)...

Doesn't matter, as it is about the fictional scenarios that people can make. The important part is to get to fly A-10A, Su-25A, Mig-19, F-15, Su-27S etc in more historical "what-if" scenarios, and then make a new fictional ones where example cold war would collide. Then there would be lots to fly with KA-50, Mi-8, Bo etc in those scenarios.

Just remember that there was no such collision between USSR and USA that would make any sense to any of such flying as in DCS.

Edited by Fri13

With Syria being developed by 3rd party I think it may be Afghanistan. Was confirmed at some point as the map that DCS is getting.

Textures are there already, some 3D objects as well. Nobody talks much more about this (neither ED nor a 3rd party).. wouldn't these be telltale signs?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Nobody talks much more about this (neither ED nor a 3rd party).. wouldn't these be telltale signs?

No Proof != Proof

If you need something from someone to confirm or deny, then they giving you nothing is not a proof of anything.

That is why if you do not want to give any proof, you say nothing.

In American courtrooms that would be like "pleading the fifth".

It ain't proof of anything,

• 3 months later...
Maybe Northern Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Russian Kola Peninsula. Would be a great place for NATO planes at Norwegian bases, Viggens and Finnish Hornets aswell as a lot of sea for Carriers of all sorts. Not many big citys to model but instead beautiful scenery (Norwegian Fjords for example).

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

This! YES! Please!! Free or paid, please make a map of this area. Road bases for Viggen, NATO planes in Norway, Finnish hornets and Russian air bases.

Spectacular scenery ranging from deep fjords, wild mountains and valleys, great plains, taiga and tundra, hot summers and cold, snowy winters with all kinds of possibilites to really show off the graphics engine of DCS.

Polar night in the winter, midinght sun in the summer, a really exotic location with extremely varied terrain, seasons, lighting and weather (especially if the weather engine gets a long-deserved overhaul) ranging from beautiful summer days, thunderstorms and rain, to blizzards or icy cold clear weather in the winter (which really brings out the performance of jet engines!).

Such a map would be politically interesting (cold war, WW3, with NATO, Russia and two more or less neutral countries in between with Sweden and Finland). It's got ocean enough for carrier ops on both sides, it's got real-world military airbases and civilian airports, and lots of very interesting terrain.

This would IMO be the best possible location for a DCS map!