JHMCS

fmedges

What issues in particular annoy you?

I'm finding I leave it off for everything except A-A engagements currently.

I don’t know if I would say annoying but maybe distracting would be the right word. I have never used a real one but I would assume that the actual implementation was made to add functionality to natural head movement. I find the (aiming?) cross super distracting and it actually takes away from my SA because to me the head movement to use it (with my track

ir curves) is odd and unnatural. It’s almost as if I spend more time focused on the cross and it’s position than I do focusing on things or targets beyond the JHMCS symbology. Hopefully that makes sense.

It's bound to my HOTAS and I only turn it on when WVR and toting the 9X... Works absolutely perfectly for me and not distracting at all. I only turn the brightness up half way.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

My recommendation would be turning the HMD brightness down if you're finding it distracting, just enough that it's still visible in your current lighting conditions without getting distracted by it. You can also toggle the HMD display on and off with the recce mark switch on the stick without having to turn the knob.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I love the functionality of the JHMCS but I hate using it with my track ir. I feel like for me it doesn’t translate well from reality to at least my setup. Does anybody else feel this way and have remedied their issues. I honestly would rather leave it off at this point.

I agree, but IMO it's a limitation of using a flat screen. I find it works really well in VR.

I find it seems a bit low. When I am looking directly at my HUD it is over the UFC and I have to look up quite a lot to get it where I want it. Would be nice if we had an option to move it up and down in our view.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

from my use of the su-27 hmcs i advise you to not use any curves but amplified linear head movement. its easier to get used it than using any curves. but thats just my personal experience.

I don't use any curves also, just linear movement. JHMCS works great.

I find it seems a bit low. When I am looking directly at my HUD it is over the UFC and I have to look up quite a lot to get it where I want it. Would be nice if we had an option to move it up and down in our view.

This is really annoying. :mad:

An option to turn it off when looking forward should be added.

I need to constantly turn it off and on manually and its annoying.

I also find it a few degrees too low for my normal eye line and find myself looking up a lot.

But my main issue with it is that (for my setup at least) there is a tiny, tiny little gap at the top of the UFC where the JHMCS doesn't work or isn't recognised... if I look above the gap, the AIM-9 locks; when I look below the gap the seeker resets and has to reacquire.

It is insanely annoying. But I refuse to change my TrackIR profile as it's just the way I like it..

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

You can turn the it off and on by using the RECCE Event Mark Switch.

Yes thanks.

I know its not ideal but I use a rotary for the brightness so I free a button on the hotas.

It takes more time in turning on though.

I wish there were an option to automatically turn off (or the decluter mode with the cross) when looking forward since as Flamin_Squirrel said the default view is looking a bit down.

This! +1

+1:thumbup:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• 3 months later...

+1

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram