MiG-25 'Foxbat'

Birko

Capable of speeds around mach 3. Capable of speeds above if you wanted to return with damaged engines.

Made mainly from stainless steel.

Developed a reputation of being better than it actually is, but by no means incapable in reality. Appearance prompted performance increases to the F-15 which was still being developed.

On of the highest flying, fastest flying jet aircraft ever, and is today probably the fastest serially produced manned aircraft flying operationally.

Still flies in civilian sector doing 'edge of space' flights. Reportedly still in military service in Algeria, Libya, and in Syria. Has seen combat in Syria, Libya, the Iran-Iraq war, the Persian Gulf War, and has been exported to ~12 countries.

Also it looks awesome

reditt-com-mig-25-foxbat.jpg

Rambling now over, who wants one?

Hell, yes! It's a real monster! But in our quite small DCS-maps it would be probably as useless as a SR-71.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I want one so bad but considering the map size and the fact that ED and all other 3rd party’s are currently busy with current/up and coming modules, it’s not likely. Would be really cool though. Although, I doubt they will be able to get enough info on it and it probably will see pushback from Russian Government.

FC3 | A-10C | AV-8B N/A | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-16CM | P-51D | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV

Persian Gulf | Normandy | WWII Assets | Combined Arms

Specs: Intel i7 6700K OC, Geforce GTX 1060 OC, 16GB RAM, ASRock Z170 Pro4, HDD + SSD, Thrustmaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS,Oculus Rift CV1, TrackIR 5 (With LukeClip)

Wishlist: F-111G Aardvark | AH-64D/E Apache | UH-60 Blackhawk | F-4E Phantom II

Not Likely: F/A-18F Super Hornet

Unit: 85th Squadron [borderline Tactical]

https://discord.gg/e5hDyjA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the Russian government does push against high fidelity Russian aircraft, but hopefully with the Foxbat being out of Russian service and it first flying in '64 (before the introduction of the MiG-21 bis we have in DCS) an exemption could be made. Probably just wishful thinking?

It's in the realm of possibility I would think. The map size isn't an issue really, 25s weren't very long legged. Like a big MiG-21, they're point defense interceptors glorified weapon platforms. Takeoff, zoom to altitude, rush to target area, fire weapons, rtb. Whole mission would be over in twenty minutes probably.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'd dig one. However DCS needs a comms update (which is coming in 2019 hopefully) for it to be an effective interceptor. In fact quite a few modules in DCS feel incomplete with GCI in the state it's currently at. In multiplayer with a person doing live GCI a Foxbat could really do some damage.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It's in the realm of possibility I would think. The map size isn't an issue really, 25s weren't very long legged. Like a big MiG-21, they're point defense interceptors glorified weapon platforms. Takeoff, zoom to altitude, rush to target area, fire weapons, rtb. Whole mission would be over in twenty minutes probably.

Very beautiful plane, but a pure interceptor, built to defend russian Borders from bombers and Cruise missiles Is not so useful in dcs environment

It was designed as an interceptor, to counter the Valkyrie which we now know never entered service operationally- but Foxbats have a record of shooting down (and to be fair, being shot down by) a various mix of enemy aircraft. It's proven useful against F-4s, has sometimes held its own against F-15s by outrunning them and their missiles, and on one occasion IIRC shot down a USN F/A-18.

Well aware that the Foxbat is nowhere near invincible though, F-14s have killed several, but it has had some combat effectiveness beyond bomber interception.

Edited by Birko

Still flies in civilian sector doing 'edge of space' flights.

Urm, no? Last time I checked they retired the plane years ago and only fly the Mig-29 nowadays. (Before both)

Also I do not think its full civilian, since the operator is to my knowledge a state owned Institution? (Not sure about the last one anymore)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

I would like one, but I think it is unlikely. Because it is out of service does not mean there is nothing 'classified' about it. I wouldnt say it its unlogical for the MiG-31 to have similar technologies (ofcourse in an improved version) as the MiG-25.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Don't know much about edge-of-space flight (it's a bit beyond my wallet) but it does seem many providers have upgraded to the 31 or 29 so it's probably more accurate to say until recently it's been used for high alt flight for civilians. Apologies.

But a high fidelity 31 or 29 probably isn't gonna happen this decade :(

They are busy with american modules. After the current hornet will come F-16 and after that maybe F-4. Non MiG-25 for the community. Probably if a 3Th party make an offer to bring this bird on the design table they will say YES you got it, take this hot potato...

I currently do not play anymore this Sim, until I see ED making a Russian fixed wing of the Cold War or newest. They must do it instead a 3Th party. THEY

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i would buy it 25 times if it comes. . . no joke. it would be a dream that become true!

don't waste your time. here is the wrong bar to drink that beer. the owner banned some songs tracks and the customers are enjoying what the owner keep doing and fight to keep that job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are busy with american modules. After the current hornet will come F-16 and after that maybe F-4. Non MiG-25 for the community. Probably if a 3Th party make an offer to bring this bird on the design table they will say YES you got it, take this hot potato...

I currently do not play anymore this Sim, until I see ED making a Russian fixed wing of the Cold War or newest. They must do it instead a 3Th party. THEY

lol andd play what instead? i dont see any Russian modules currently being made for other sims either. ( not even the old ones)

and why does ED have to make all the modules? There are competent 3rd parties out there.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

ED have to make all the modules?

what you mean with all modules? somebody ask for a Russian module by ED signature and you jumped saying, like so seem they will do all and they should continue like that. By any chance did you see the contract where say is not allowed for ED to make a Russian fighter but instead a 3Th party do better that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're aware a MiG-23 is in development, right? Also, MiG-21 IS "Cold War". As for newer stuff, you should petition the Russian government, as they're the ones touchy about those things. And before you say it isn't so, yeah, it is, verifiably and repeatedly. They have been expressly forbidden by the Russians to produce certain aircraft.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

They have been expressly forbidden by the Russians to produce certain aircraft.

this is absolutely a nasty speculation you all post in this forum.

the Mig-23 by RAZBAM... not for me at this point. All the Russian modules are permanently trolled in this forum with non red light by anybody here. they just lost the pathway... Seen ED ignoring a great part of the world war birds been them the main developers, it is really a NO NO in my personal opinion.

as well seen the current very poor participation of the Russian pilots in multiplayer is a terrible picture.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd take two... ajmug.png

I know the Russian government does push against high fidelity Russian aircraft, but hopefully with the Foxbat being out of Russian service and it first flying in '64 (before the introduction of the MiG-21 bis we have in DCS) an exemption could be made. Probably just wishful thinking?

We'll be getting a MiG-23MLA and RAZBAM also considered doing the MLD afterwards if that's possible for them. So I guess a 25 of a similar time frame should be possible as well. I would rather not expect are 29s and 31s though.

I'd dig one. However DCS needs a comms update (which is coming in 2019 hopefully) for it to be an effective interceptor. In fact quite a few modules in DCS feel incomplete with GCI in the state it's currently at. In multiplayer with a person doing live GCI a Foxbat could really do some damage.

Some good GCI comms are totally mandatory. Hope we'll get closer to this with the carrier stuff that's just around the corner including better ATC comms as well.

Just last year I stumbled across a jet pilot (hint hint) sim from 1996 that ran on an AMIGA which really impressed me, mainly due to the comms and GCI there (another reason was the planeset consisting of EELs, 104s and 21s). Something like that in DCS would be absolutely breathtaking.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Maximum g-load with full tanks 2.2G

Jesus, really? It wouldn't be able to survive a summer afternoon in Texas! A thermal or two and those exposed rivets would pop like popcorn!

don't waste your time. here is the wrong bar to drink that beer. the owner banned some songs tracks and the customers are enjoying what the owner keep doing and fight to keep that job.

Erm, what?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...