bad scoring

I have just completed F-4E mission. Most of the time my engagements end with AI hitting the hard deck so, still, it's a score. But I literally shredded the last Phantom, since first hits he basically slowed down and diverted to east, without fighting anymore. Then I hit him some more up to the point he ejected and crash but the Showtime only called 5mins terminate and the Major was disappointed!

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Did the same thing happen in the practice mission too?

The triggers are checking for unit dead so they do have to be considered killed before the engagement time runs out.

If they are damaged and continue to fly they are still considered in the fight.

If they die after the engagement time ends you won't hear showtime acknowledge the kill as the engagement has ended.

We will try and reproduce the issue but if you have trk file of it occurring that would help.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I do sometimes train in practice missions but it did not happen there yet.

It may have been a case with F-4E but the Mig-29G surely crashed before timout. Does it have to be "pilot dead"? I remember Showtime giving me a score from the first single bullet hit.

I don't have a track but will save one next time. I'm worried if it is reliable enough for normal long flight and dogfight.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria