Uh-1H Loading / Unloading Troops

Gloom Demon

How do I load unload troops using Uh-1H?

Specifically - I want to figure out how to use the Huey to quickly disperse man portable SAM units on the map to deny enemy use of air assets on endangered routes.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Thank's for the answer thrustvector :-)

I have created a mission with my Huey sitting on the ramp and placed one infantry unit and one manpads unit right next to it. During the mission I used the communications menu and there was something called AA Descent, i think. However - none of the units where there - this entry was empty. Even if I opened the doors of the UH-1H I couldn't issue the command for them to get in - is there anything I am missing here?

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

that's the right menu option, there was a thread a while back about you needing to do something in mission editor to get them to work, the mi8 loading/unloading is obviously not working on the huey, strange as there's a mission in the download user files called huey playground and I'm sure they worked in that....haven't tried latest version though, if I get a chance ill try later, hopefully someone else can chime in here ? :)

I have created a mission with my Huey sitting on the ramp and placed one infantry unit and one manpads unit right next to it. During the mission I used the communications menu and there was something called AA Descent, i think. However - none of the units where there - this entry was empty.

Even if I opened the doors of the UH-1H I couldn't issue the command for them to get in - is there anything I am missing here?

There were some issues with the Huey and Mi-8 AI choppers picking up troops, and I think also with human controlled Huey and Mi-8 choppers with commanding of loading and unloading of troops. I would retry with the new OB patch that will be out on 16-01-2019 or later.

I have attached the missions I made for testing the issue so you can see how they should be setup, watch the AI and then go into editor and change the HUEY and then the MI-8 Helos (Skill = PLAYER) and refly and see if works as advertized with the radio menus.

You need embark and disembark advanced waypoint commands for the Infantry units and the helos.

Regards, Ian.

Test - Mi-8 (Caucasas)_Embarking (Binding to Transport).miz

Test - UH-1H (Caucasas)_Embarking (Setup correctly).miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.