What is going on with my game?

19te.Mueller

EDIT: i am running the BETA of DCS.

I am suffering from very frequent crashes. I can consistently cause the crash by jumping into a larger mission and just hit "F2" maybe 10-15 times to cycle through different aircraft. There is no error message or anything, the game just freezes and closes. If i dont spam F2 i can usually fly for around 30-40 minutes before an eventual crash.

The people i play with sometimes crash aswell, however my game does crash more often. (they are also on the beta)

System:

DCS is installed on a 500GB SSD with plenty of extra room left on it. (Reinstalled DCS to another drive same issue)

32gigs of DDR4 3000mhz ram (have tried removing each stick of ram and run with just 1) still crashes. No error's show up when testing using memtest.

GTX 1070 - seems happy running benchmarks.

i7-7700k running at stock turbo clock of 4.5ghz.

All my temperatures are normal.

DCS is the only game i have crash issues on, so i am starting to doubt that it is my machine, even if that was my inital thought...

Does anyone have a clue as to what i can do? ANY suggestions or help is greatly appriciated, i just want my game to be stable...

edit: I have tried all conciveable video settings - from low to everything maxed out, no real change in results.

My FPS is always 60+ usually more...

Edited by 19te.Mueller

Without any log files can't really say however be aware you should update drivers etc for 2.5.4 also some mods are not compatible with 2.5.4 there have been a few threads regarding making sure your system is up to date and that mods be removed until they have been confirmed as working okay.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Without any log files can't really say however be aware you should update drivers etc for 2.5.4 also some mods are not compatible with 2.5.4 there have been a few threads regarding making sure your system is up to date and that mods be removed until they have been confirmed as working okay.

Thanks man, my game is not modded in any way. I am not sure how to get the log file, when the game just shuts down with no error message?

Drivers are also up to date... Thanks anyway!

Hmm

Followed the advice in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227265

And also deleted my fxo and metashader2 folders from "Saved Games/DCS"

Seems much better now, i can still make it crash by hitting "F2/F11" eventually... But i suspect if i just dont mess around too much with my external views, i can get alot more playtime now. Sorry for posting the thread in the wrong area guys!

• ED Team

Please attach your mission and step by step what do you doing. Adnd dcs.log of course.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

PLease increase your pagefile up to 16 GB

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

I have set 8GB on drive C and 16 GB on drive D. Can it be that way?

EDIT1: Crashed too without dump...trying to set 16 GB on drive C.

EDIT2: Crashed without dump with 16GB swap on drive C.

EDIT3: Increased page file to 25000 MB on drive C. Crashed again without dump.

EDIT4: I have found some dmp under %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps, uploading to dropbox now.

EDIT5: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6hs2dzkfm2n6mv2/AAAyrS_VY1cpbOamLqZ502I1a?dl=0

dcs.log.zip

Edited by danvac

• ED Team

Many thanks, reproduced.

G.K. Chesterton

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks, reproduced.

Same problem here, hope this helps.

99% of the time the game crashes without a crashlog, just straight to desktop, this was that one time out of a hundred it spat something out.

Loaded up the mission and collectively spammed my way through the F1, F2, F9 and F10 keys, game crashed less than 10 seconds later.

All mods removed

DCS Cleanup and Repair install.

Nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU, 419.71 installed.

Repeated the same steps and still crashes.

dcs.log-20190129-183902.zip

Many thanks, reproduced.

Finally ! :cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Same issues, CTD with no log file when using external views.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Just to report, because I´think that I have the same problem like many people here:

- DCS Mi-8 Spring Tension campaign, Mission 12 "Repairs"

- Flying to the crash site with fuel onboard, land near the Mi-28 and waiting for the scripted progress (waiting while the engineers refuel the repaired Mi-28 on the crash site)

- Some soldiers and one BVP around, suddenly the BVP exlodes and I´m asked to eliminate the enemy.

- When I open the radio menu and hit F10 to reply, the game freezes for a second and then crashed to the desktop, usually with crashlog (but I think sometimes without it).

- no mods

- pagefile set manually to the 1024*16*1,5=24576 MB with no effect

- not happening before the latest update (but before the update I was not flying exactly this mission...)

Thanks!

dcs.log-20190203-183852.zip