Infantry Unit - Animated Pilot Mod

SUNTSAG

Perfect! Thanks!

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Thanks @SUNTSAG

For anyone wondering, this mod installs into the SAVED GAMES\Mods\tech folder.  Drop the folder in the zip file directly into the tech folder and you're good to go.

Using a mod manager makes it very simply to turn on/off as needed.

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Snowbird said:

The link does not seem to be working.

Can you please update?

Thank you.

Tom

Back on page 2 SUNTSAG posted an updated link. That one still works.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, SUNTSAG said:

Hi, here is a link to an updated version of the mod. Cheers https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eWR_Uzz4niumM1RiQoECuQlsZnBjgDGL/view?usp=sharing

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

16 hours ago, bandit648 said:

Back on page 2 SUNTSAG posted an updated link. That one still works.

Hello,
can you tell me the exact path to install this mod.
thank you in advance

Edited by Pappy2

9 minutes ago, Pappy2 said:

Hello,
can you tell me the exact path to install this mod.
thank you in advance

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

Drop the "Pilot Ground" folder in tech.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

53 minutes ago, bandit648 said:

Drop the "Pilot Ground" folder in tech.

I prefer to use a Mod Manager, instead of just directly dropping the Mods at /Saved Games/  it makes for a less painful way to update DCS later on.

Animated Ground Pilot.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I prefer to use a Mod Manager, instead of just directly dropping the Mods at /Saved Games/  it makes for a less painful way to update DCS later on.

Excellent suggestion. I do the same thing myself. Makes troubleshooting mod issues easier as well.

• 6 months later...

Hi @SUNTSAG

I see in the model you're referencing there are animation states for no helmet, different faces and a regular run vs a 'panicked' run. 

How does one toggle or switch to these states such that they are accessible either via DCS Scripting Engine or mission editor flags/states/controls?

Does a new .lua file need to be created or your pilot.lua changed to support accessing these animation states?

Do you know of any guide on how to set this up?

Also, the 'body shape' of the pilot, how much of that is texture maps / normal maps etc and how much is the blank model that we can't access/change? i.e. is it possible to change the body shape with just texture maps?

Edited by Elphaba

• 1 month later...

No go on the download my man ... "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

2 hours ago, Nialfb said:

No go on the download my man ... "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."

Kind of expected on a 3 year old thread .. here is a link to the copy on my Mod stash (haven't used it on a while, so you need to test it):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ib9gGxqb5TFStOhfMw?e=ha58XE

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...
Il 9/1/2023 at 14:36, Rudel_chw ha scritto:

Kind of expected on a 3 year old thread .. here is a link to the copy on my Mod stash (haven't used it on a while, so you need to test it):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ib9gGxqb5TFStOhfMw?e=ha58XE

I'm trying to make it move (AI, not using CA) but he stays still.
I put 2 kts in speed at starting waypoint and waypoint 1.

How can I make it move/run?

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

I actually can't even see it on the F10 map. In any way (spectator, game master, either coalition etc.). It's weird.

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, NightFlier said:

I'm trying to make it move (AI, not using CA) but he stays still.
I put 2 kts in speed at starting waypoint and waypoint 1.

How can I make it move/run?

Open the file pilot.lua of this Mod, find the line:

life = 0.08,

and replace it with :

life = 1.1,

That should fix the issue with the unit not moving.

Edit: Just tested it, and this old Mod still works ... not the greatest animation ever, but hey at least it can walk  🙂

Thanks @SUNTSAG  🙏

Edited by Rudel_chw
Edit: Life has to be greater than 1

Il 2/2/2023 at 15:40, Rudel_chw ha scritto:

life = 0.08,

and replace it with :

life = 1.1,

Edit: Just tested it, and this old Mod still works ... not the greatest animation ever, but hey at least it can walk  🙂

Thanks @SUNTSAG  🙏

You are the man!  Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

Night Flier

@Rudel_chw I noticed that there are a lot of liveries folders in the mod, do you know if all of them are needed (as I remember this mod has been simplified and some variations have been deleted)?
Just to reduce the pack dimension.

Night Flier

1 hour ago, NightFlier said:

do you know if all of them are needed

Sorry, have no idea .. I just knew about the issue that "life" has to be over 1.0 for an object to be able to move.

11 minutes ago, Walshtimothy said:

does this still work ?

yes, just look a few posts back.

11 minutes ago, Walshtimothy said:

this needs to be default in game asap ... brilliant

A mod is a mod, I doubt ED would just adopt it  (same as for any other Mod)

… you would have better luck creating a wishlist item for animated crew.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

yes, just look a few posts back.

A mod is a mod, I doubt ED would just adopt it  (same as for any other Mod)

… you would have better luck creating a wishlist item for animated crew.

excellent , this has been on my wishlist for a while 

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

On 2/2/2023 at 2:40 PM, Rudel_chw said:

life = 0.08,

and replace it with :

life = 1.1,

Thanks @SUNTSAG  🙏

I see in the model you're referencing there are animation states for no helmet, different faces and a regular run vs a 'panicked' run. 

How does one toggle or switch to these states such that they are accessible either via DCS Scripting Engine or mission editor flags/states/controls?

Does a new .lua file need to be created or your pilot.lua changed to support accessing these animation states?

Do you know of any guide on how to set this up?