[REPORTED]Problem in triple screen since the update

FMAX

And yet AGAIN, Multi-Monitor gets screwed up!!

Seriously, the Triple-Screen support has been screwed up probably 4 times out of the last 10 updates. And once it took about a MONTH to get it fixed. This is getting very annoying. Can you have someone check this with every update??

TlxBdVH.jpg

I've tried two 3 Screen lua files and both do the same thing. Here's the first one:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('My 3 Screen');
Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'
Viewports = 
{
    Left = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width / 3;
         height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;  -- -1
         viewDy = 0;
	  --[[viewDx & viewDy: 
	  They define the viewing angle of the image. Dx and Dy can be decimal fractions. A greater absolute value of Dx makes the image look like it's being panned more sideways. But with that value, you need to physically rotate your left and right monitors more out of alignment with the center monitor to match the visual effect in the game. If this feels unconfortable and you decide to tune the values down, you might end up with something like 0.8 or 0.9(can't remember exactly), and find out that the images on the left and right monitors partially duplicate the center image along the joining edges.--]]

aspect = screen.aspect / 3;
    },

Center = 
    {
         x = screen.width / 3;
         y = 0;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
    },

Right = 
    {
         x = screen.width * 2 / 3;
         y = 0;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 1;	-- 1
         viewDy = 0;
    }
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

--[[
also you can use "displays" table  to perfectly match you configuration .
it is generated by DCS automatically.
displays table is contains information about all currently attached displays 

for example my setup is :

displays = 
{
[1] = 
{
	x = 0,   -- note : x == 0 and y == 0 is always mark primary windows display 
	y = 0,
	width  = 1920,
	height = 1200
},
[2] = 
{
	x = -1440,   -- mark that secondary display is on left side of primary display
	y = 0,
	width  = 1440,
	height = 900
},
...  for all displays 
}

screen table also contain x, y members which mark top left corner of DCS window 

note about fullscreen :  directx  doesn't allow fullscreen applications with resolutions more than primary display can handle,
so multimonitor presets in DCS will fall back to windowed mode if fullscreen initialization failed  ( this info also will be printed to dcs.log)

for reconfigure viewports setup for each unit type independently you can declare here function 

function  reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type)   --unit type is string with unit name
if unit_type == "A-10C" then

Viewports  = ... define new Viewports table 
	-- also you can define cockpit displays viewports here 
	RIGHT_MFCD = ... define new RIGHT_MFCD  viewport 

else 
    Viewports = ... define default for others 
	RIGHT_MFCD = nil  -- remove for others 
end
end

--]]

And this one, that I called 'My 3 Screen DCS BUGGED', because it was a fix for the last time you screwed up Triple-Screen with 3 cameras.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('My 3 Screen DCS BUGGED');
Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'
Viewports = 
{
    Left = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;  -- -1
         viewDy = 0;
	  --[[viewDx & viewDy: 
	  They define the viewing angle of the image. Dx and Dy can be decimal fractions. A greater absolute value of Dx makes the image look like it's being panned more sideways. But with that value, you need to physically rotate your left and right monitors more out of alignment with the center monitor to match the visual effect in the game. If this feels unconfortable and you decide to tune the values down, you might end up with something like 0.8 or 0.9(can't remember exactly), and find out that the images on the left and right monitors partially duplicate the center image along the joining edges.--]]

},

Center = 
    {
         x = screen.width / 3;
         y = 0;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
    },

Right = 
    {
         x = screen.width * 2 / 3;
         y = 0;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 1;	-- 1
         viewDy = 0;
    }
}

GUI =
{
x = screen.width / 3; 
y = 0;
height = screen.height;
}

UIMainView = GUI

-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center

--[[
also you can use "displays" table  to perfectly match you configuration .
it is generated by DCS automatically.
displays table is contains information about all currently attached displays 

for example my setup is :

displays = 
{
[1] = 
{
	x = 0,   -- note : x == 0 and y == 0 is always mark primary windows display 
	y = 0,
	width  = 1920,
	height = 1200
},
[2] = 
{
	x = -1440,   -- mark that secondary display is on left side of primary display
	y = 0,
	width  = 1440,
	height = 900
},
...  for all displays 
}

screen table also contain x, y members which mark top left corner of DCS window 

note about fullscreen :  directx  doesn't allow fullscreen applications with resolutions more than primary display can handle,
so multimonitor presets in DCS will fall back to windowed mode if fullscreen initialization failed  ( this info also will be printed to dcs.log)

for reconfigure viewports setup for each unit type independently you can declare here function 

function  reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type)   --unit type is string with unit name
if unit_type == "A-10C" then

Viewports  = ... define new Viewports table 
	-- also you can define cockpit displays viewports here 
	RIGHT_MFCD = ... define new RIGHT_MFCD  viewport 

else 
    Viewports = ... define default for others 
	RIGHT_MFCD = nil  -- remove for others 
end
end

--]]

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

It's more than the left and right being swapped. When I turn my head I see the center cockpit panel on 2 screens!

I tried editing my MonitorSetup lua to move the left to the right, and the right to the left. And it was still screwed up. It is really weird. And when I try to use the 1 camera lua, I get a Shader Error that crashes the game!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Was a great few weeks in 3 screen mode. Thanks ED. Great job. :thumbup:

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• ED Team

Thanks, confirmed, will be fixed.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Thanks, confirmed, will be fixed.

Since this is an ongoing problem, recurring several times the past few months.. Will there be any changes to your Quality Assurance Testing Procedures to prevent this from possibly happening again in the future?

I tried swapping the Left and Right viewports, but that didn't fix it. I don't understand why it didn't fix it unless their internal code is just ignoring the lua code. I tried using the 1Camera.lua and now I get a Shader error that crashes the game.

Ended up Reverting back to the last update:

DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.4.25729

• ED Team

As stop gap solution until new build arrives

there is new version of Visualizer.dll inside zip available at link https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=202447&d=1547806234

Unpack it into DCS/bin folder , it will fix viewport handling

attachment originally from this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3763716&postcount=28

sigpic2354_5.gif

As stop gap solution until new build arrives

there is new version of Visualizer.dll inside zip available at link https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=202447&d=1547806234

Unpack it into DCS/bin folder , it will fix viewport handling

attachment originally from this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3763716&postcount=28

Thank you for that.. Now I need to update again. LoL :thumbup:

Why do you uys use Viewports rather than Surround?

If I'm not entirely wrong, using Viewports is quite a lot less effective in terms of rendering speeds than nVidias Surround.

Also, how do you deal with borders (padding) when you use Viewports?

Why do you uys use Viewports rather than Surround?

If I'm not entirely wrong, using Viewports is quite a lot less effective in terms of rendering speeds than nVidias Surround.

Also, how do you deal with borders (padding) when you use Viewports?

I have nVidia Surround on all of the time. Most people probably use the '1 Screen' monitor option, which is a bit stretched at the edges. You just have to compare and see for yourself.

If you try the 3 Screen monitor option in Settings, the game will render 3 views(not 1 stretched one). My nVidia Surround is still on, it doesn't matter I don't think. I did some tests about a year ago and here is a comparison. I can't remember exactly how many FPS this cost but I remember that I felt it was way worth it! I think it was 3-5, but that will depend on your system.

When you zoom way out the view get's wrapped around. So, I have zoom mapped to a wheel on my throttle and have a curve on it to stop the zoom out at a certain point. In the second image there is a bug in the corners of the harrier which I believe has been fixed. You can see the edges of the Helmet shield.

These images were resized in MS Paint, so they have some jaggies AA on straight lines. Has nothing to do with 3 Monitors.

tZVIhUv.jpg

Edited by Snacko

Yes, but on the 3 viewport setup you're bending the world in two places. That's the cost of avoiding the stretch.

I'd rather stretch than bend :)

But aside from that: Surround prevents the whole "ED broke this again"-issue...

Yes, that's it. You don't like bending and we don't like stretching.

It didn't take long for me not to notice it.