*** Tree Shader Mod 2.0 ***

TekaTeka

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm... I just tried it and I'm not sure how t feel about this mod. On one hand the trees are nicely visible from longer distance now, but on the downside I feel they stick a bit too much at distance over blury ground texture. I haven't tried yet dusk and dawn time of the day yet... but these are my first impressions.

No longer active in DCS...

hm... I just tried it and I'm not sure how t feel about this mod. On one hand the trees are nicely visible from longer distance now, but on the downside I feel they stick a bit too much at distance over blury ground texture. I haven't tried yet dusk and dawn time of the day yet... but these are my first impressions.

Then you can decrease the trees visible distance. Try 10000. Also you can improve the blury ground by changing the LandLod in Config\graphics.cfg.

LandLodDistances

{

LandDay

{

L01 = 10000;

L12 = 40000;

}

LandNight

{

L01 = 8000;

L12 = 15000;

}

• Like 3

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

this is what I use right now:

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 2;

far_clip = 100000;

structures = {100, 8000};

trees = {100000, 12000};

dynamic = {300, 10000};

objects = {3000, 50000};

mirage = {3000, 15000};

surface = {50000, 50000};

lights = {200, 30000};

lod = 4;

LandDay

{

L01 = 30000;

L12 = 40000;

}

LandNight

{

L01 = 20000;

L12 = 30000;

noisemax = 1;

noisemin = 0;

10km trees distance does look bit better though but somehow I still feel the trees stand out from ground texture. I've just tried default tree shaders again and I feel at distance they blend in better.

Sorry TekaTeka if I sound like a crytic... any way to make fading out bit sooner? maybe 1/2 way till they disapear completely?

No longer active in DCS...

Sorry TekaTeka if I sound like a crytic... any way to make fading out bit sooner? maybe 1/2 way till they disapear completely?

No, it's OK. I don't mind. The feedbacks are welcome always.

The part of the reason why trees stand out is the colors of the tree textures. They are very different from the ground textures. I was making new tree textures which match more naturally to the ground. I think I will go ahead and finish that project soon. This should be the fix for your problem.

• Like 3

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Great mod, the trees does look a bit more real now :) . Thanks.

Teka Teka, could it be posible to mod the "overcast" so that the edges of multiple layers of clouds textures will be less visible ? If I am not too pushy :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least