OV-10 Bronco in coming?

.Tigre.

I'm really not sure on this plane, I'm mean its a little light recon plane really isn't it, when would you use it over anything else, even a copter?

Well, its armament wasn't so 'light' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Rockwell_OV-10_Bronco#Specifications).

Armament

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Well, its armament wasn't so 'light' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Rockwell_OV-10_Bronco#Specifications).

Armament

I think you are referring to the D version (Gulf War) but I think, looking the screenshots, they are developing the A version (Vietnam) so the armament may vary.

I think you are referring to the D version (Gulf War) but I think, looking the screenshots, they are developing the A version (Vietnam) so the armament may vary.

Nope. It's the A version. Armament of D version is:

Armament

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Ok, sorry for my ignorance. I just didn't expect the A version could carry AIM-9.

No problem. Didn't know it either. But that's what the wikipedia link tells about it. :book:

Ok, sorry for my ignorance. I just didn't expect the A version could carry AIM-9.

Just about anything can carry an AIM-9, provided its either uncooled or peltier cooled. For boresight use all one needs is an audio hookup for the seeker output, a power source for the cooler if its has peltier cooling, and a voltage source for the igniter.

Its the LN2 cooled ones that complicate things.

While this aircraft looks awesome at the moment and may serve well as a testbed for the Super Tucano, I am still quite worried about the MiG-19 development. Should we be believing in what RAZBAM has to say on that or the ED newsletter?

Very nice one of my favourite Aicraft...

Did you consider we get a Pave Nail equipment? Would be nice all Weather additon, and lase Targets for the upcoming F4 with precission Ammunition?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

While this aircraft looks awesome at the moment and may serve well as a testbed for the Super Tucano, I am still quite worried about the MiG-19 development. Should we be believing in what RAZBAM has to say on that or the ED newsletter?

OV-10 is being done in one of the artist's spare time for the moment. Meanwhile, the MiG-19 is being done by a completely separate team within the company.

Now this is a plane I'm looking forward to!

I hope there will be an option to remove the sight? It looks rather cumbersome when I just want to fly around.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Just found this OV-10 thread. Wow. What an interesting aircraft! I would absolutely get it if it was released into DCS one day.

+

Manual_RU по модулям Мираж(без обновления 2019),Газель, Скайхок; F -14 (кабина оператора),И16 ("горячие" клавиши), Christen Eagle II, BuddySpike, DDCS, Kaukasus Offensive (Сервера-как играть)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S_x0Z8sOcZwWTH73fKpjOIIVKeXzlZz3

F-16C Viper - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YKz5p_WR1Sgz97mwYCXY7jDLxr_bYCJq

OH-58 Kiowa - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LBiAJ68hghW4I4WnkO3rp8S_fpScHyBw

I’d much rather RAZBAM focus on what we already have with the Mirage and Harrier, neither of which are complete than continuing to show pictures of a “passion project.” Even more so since ED doesn’t feel the MiG-19 isn’t ready for release. Doesn’t look good from a PR perspective IMO.

Dear all,

After an extensive review of the MiG-19, we have decided to postpone its release until a few items are resolved. It’s RAZBAM’s desire to release the MiG-19 in a finished state so it will need just a little more time in the oven to meet this expectation.

Thanks,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

I’d much rather RAZBAM focus on what we already have with the Mirage and Harrier, neither of which are complete than continuing to show pictures of a “passion project.”

Razbam are focusing on other projects. The OV-10 is a personal project of one of the new devs:

The gears are moving, there is a new guy who is checking stuff up...at his pace, no rushes, so whenever something comes out i´ll post it here, just keep the hype under control, it can take a long time since A. is not a priority (sorry for this guys, i´m just being honest here) B. It´s up to the person who accepted the task (his time, his priorities).

On the bright side, it does not affect in any way current scheduled projects(which are all moving)

Who needs this plane?

I think its much better for whole DCS community to get ASAP full capabilities of Hornet and F-16CJ + F-15E, instead of planes like Cristen Eagle and Bronco.

Thats my opinion. This is combat simulator first of all.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Who needs this plane?

I think its much better for whole DCS community to get ASAP full capabilities of Hornet and F-16CJ + F-15E, instead of planes like Cristen Eagle and Bronco.

Thats my opinion. This is combat simulator first of all.

You know the Bronco is a combat aircraft, right?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!