Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

oh those textures, oh my eyes! :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think if there would ever be a paid-for upgrade for the Black Shark, it would depend on the price and content.

If it's just a external & internal model update, I would be prepared to pay a small amount for it.

Like 10~15 dollar or something I would be prepared to spend on it, in a heartbeat.

Purely based on the fact that the original development of the Ka-50 has been so many years ago, and I've had so much enjoyment out of it over the years.

If there would be some extra development, i.e. expanded avionics, more weapons, that sort of stuff, I'd be prepared to spend more.

Functionality on these please

attachment.php?attachmentid=203337&stc=1&d=1548739032

attachment.php?attachmentid=203338&stc=1&d=1548739032 By this yes I mean IRAAMs

attachment.php?attachmentid=203339&stc=1&d=1548739032

Function for "special uplink" and addition of C-24 rockets (my favourite, there's a ballistic setting already) a happy bonus. Actually the words "No function" come up a lot in the manual so if that could get reduced that'd be swell.

The A/A and A/A HO switches work just fine with the Vihkrs on an aerial target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I do not know what Chizh wrote, or why he deleted his posts. And I do not know russian language. But the cockpit and external model textures update has been announced and it is free, just like recent warbirds updates or the expected new textures for the a-10c. These are not upgrades (= new functionalities) but just updates (new textures to better work with 2.5 engine, because as it is now at least ka-50 cockpit lights are buggy). So this kind of fix (UPDATE) cannot be paid. If - besides these due updates (we are all paying customers) - they plan to offer a newer version of the ka-50, with some extra functions or a newer suite, this is an UPGRADE and so I'm ready to pay for it, even if they plan to offer the upgraded version in the same package (something like l-39c and l-39za), because it was not planned when ka-50 has been developed. If you want to pay you pay and have both versions, newer and older; if not you just have ka-50 as it is now. But a fix for its textures and for the bugs arisen with 2.5 is mandatory and has to be free.

P.S. why a black shark 3 when they have mi-24 and cobra to be developed?

Edited by nessuno0505

You have to understand that ED are not obligated to keep the modules be it KA-50 or any other with up to date graphics forever anyhow. It's all up to them to decide if they are willing to do it and if it will be free or not. They have the right to decide to make it payed or make it for free. They can also easily say use it in 1.5 if you wish the lights to work or buy BS3 if you wish a nice graphic update for 2.5.

Ka-52, r73 bla bla... they stated thousands of times that we have a specific Ka-50 version and this is how it is IRL and this is how it will be in DCS.

for the currently not modeled systems which are actually in the irl version, would be good to have them included as well as better simulated INS with drift and proper allignment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Its something they are looking at, but nothing set in stone right now. If there is enough for a paid upgrade they might consider it, but I think just the texture update for the cockpit would still be something to do free like other modules. So don't stress this too much.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Shark needs more than just a minor texture update like ww2 birds. Cockpits need lots of improvement in the 3d model itself which is lacking details compensated with textures now.

So I rather pay for a big overhaul than having minor update for Free. As we probably wont get a new update for it in the near future, so better take more now.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Shark needs more than just a minor texture update like ww2 birds. Cockpits need lots of improvement in the 3d model itself which is lacking details compensated with textures now.

So I rather pay for a big overhaul than having minor update for Free. As we probably wont get a new update for it in the near future, so better take more now.

That is what they are weighing now, how much work it needs to be brought up to snuff with everything else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Why don't you just fly mig or su ?

Those are jets. There's a big difference between jets and heli's, and their abilities in the ground attack role. The problem with heli's is, they need air defense just as bad as attack jets like the A-10 ( and I would say even more so ). Once an attack jet or fighter zero's in on you, your pretty much dead. Even A-10's are deadly enemies of the Russian heli. That 30mm will tear you up, and there's not much you can do about it. Vhikers are pretty much only good against other heli's, and while very effective against any kind of spoofing like ECM, chaff, or flares, they don't deliver much of a punch, and it takes forever to get a lock. Like the A-10, we need a fast and effective means of defending against fighter jets. And that is IR A2A missiles. Spin, lock, fire, and dive for cover. You can't do that with a Vhiker. A four ship with 3 heli's armed with iglas, and a 4th armed with R-73 (against fast movers ) would be an effective air defense strategy.

Edited by 3WA

Its something they are looking at, but nothing set in stone right now. If there is enough for a paid upgrade they might consider it, but I think just the texture update for the cockpit would still be something to do free like other modules. So don't stress this too much.

Awesome. Thanks for your input, Nine, and calming the nerves.

Do they though? Do they make a quantifiable difference between each other or ground target or not pressing anything at all?

What the A/A and A/A HO switches do is set the fuse to an A/A mode by enabling the laser emitters on the side of the missile. It will now explode if it detects an object within 5 feet? of it. This is less effective because it is only a fragmentation blast to the side and most of the weapons power is shot straight ahead ( shaped charge ). Not sure exactly how A/A HO works, but you set it if the plane or chopper is coming at you head on.

The problem with the weapon is the EO lock on. It is impossible to lock on to a jet unless he is coming at you head on, and even then very hard. Choppers are less hard to lock on, but still hard. IR missiles, on the other hand, let you lock on very quickly, and are fire and forget. Though they can be more easily spoofed, they make excellent defensive weapons, as the attacker now has to go on defense himself, giving you a chance to dive for cover. This is exactly what a helicopter needs.

Edited by 3WA

A/A HO mean Head-On A2A engagement, so a helicopter coming straight at you. Most likely the fuse setting is changed to make it explode earlier as opposed to when chasing a target or a flanking shot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

NineLine explained it well: it depends on how much work is needed to get the ka-50 up to date. It does not matter what or how many new systems they'll add. If the work needed is little, like the one they put in the warbirds, we'll have a free update; if more work is needed we'll have to pay. This makes sense because noone works for free. And it is better to pay a (little?) fee to keep all the modules updated as time goes by, rather than just saying "ka-50 is too old, if you want to fly it do it in 1.5 legacy". This explanation is enough for me, and I'll pay if I'll have to, because ka-50 is by now the only attack copter in DCS world and is one of my favourite modules; beside that I'm not flying it anymore (even if still possible if you already know its systems) due to the cockpit lighting bugs and some other (smaller) annoyances.

P.S. everyone is waiting for the f/a-18 to be completed and for the viper in 2019, while I'm waiting for ka-50 and a-10c updates instead. It is possible I'll fly f/a-18 too, but mainly I'd like to see some love for ED's current two best simulators. If I'll have to pay for this love I'll do!

Edited by nessuno0505

I don't see any other "3's" around, do you? I don't even see any other "2's".

I'm not paying for a "3" if it's nothing but a cockpit update. I've already paid twice. A third time is just highway robbery.

If the rich guys around here want to give ED more money, then write them a check. And God bless for keeping this company going! But don't expect the average worker to follow you.

Edited by 3WA

I do not know if I got my facts right but I think I am right.

If serial number 8798000025 was to be developed and deployed in DCS.

With its full RWR, laser and threat defensive suit included... (she was the test bed for the KA-52 defensive systems... I think). With its superior sensors and rotating missile defensive turrets aft of the rear wheels.... Then this BS3 would be an insta flip of the wallet for me.

360 degrees of raw threat information in the most heavily armed and agile weapon.... Fu£K yeah, if this came to be then it would be an insta flip of the wallet, no thought required and I would never look back.

But both the old and new must exist together because I think the test bed had no Abris nav system.......I think... but not sure.

What a horrible 2 team chopper squad that would be... fu£K yeah!

You're referring to KA-50Sh "18 Yellow". That wasn't a test bed, that was a proposed upgrade that shared the systems of the KA-52, it had three MFD's with GLONASS navigation like the KA-52. Think SU-30 and SU-27. I believe it was offered to India but failed to meet Indias requirements.Though I would agree, I'd pay full price for that variant aswell. Though I doubt it would ever be done. KA-50 production has ended and I would assume the prototypes were scrapped (could be wrong)

31393173644_04c7d67d5b_b.thumb.jpg.f2519119e70f6668d0552a971dd1054f.jpg

ka-50_cabin01.jpg.ef6acd77b49ed9bfc323e8cf17f8f799.jpg

Its not rocket science...ED ARE obligated to update and fix what they broke by upgrading other elements of the sim FOR FREE. If they want to add an additional aircraft i.e. the "sh"or "N" model then so be it ...sell as payware. And IF they feel generous ...then a free Blackshark version would be appreciated of course.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Any other software house develops and sells its products differently: 10 years ago your PC ran windows vista. You have had to pay to upgrade to windows 10. 10 years ago maybe you could play the witcher, today you have to pay if you want to play the witcher 3, and maybe you use your old copy of the witcher to level the desk's legs. DCS Ka-50 black shark is still alive and healthy after 10 years. We have had DCS world, and the ka-50 has been brought into it (paying), all the other updates have been for free. Today it is the oldest module we have. Maybe a tiny update with some textures could be enough - and you'd have it for free as all the other updates you had in 9 years, after BS2 - but maybe a more extensive work has to be done to bring it the same technology level as the f/a-18. If they ask a small fee to do this, after 10 years, I can't call this a robbery, above all if the only alternative is to keep it as it is, and it works... for now, but you risk the same destiny of the hawk (i.e. you'll have to play it in DCS legacy versions in the future). I believe in ED's dream to offer a detailed and complete war theater simulation and to do so you cannot leave anything behind, but neither you can think to bring all up to date for free.