Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

Myself I would prefer not to pay for the same module for a 3rd time

I do understand that some people want to give ED more money, which is commendable

Could I suggest that if you feel strongly about giving ED more money that you

buy several extra modules that you already own and then to a give away in

some competition or something (maybe charity raffle?)

That way ED gets money and you get to feel good by giving them money,

thus helping to keep ED in business the chance to give some free stuff to your fellow pilots,

it is a win win for everybody.

LOL, +1!

So far (still new to DCS). The Ka-50 gets more attention from me than any other aircraft in the DCS hanger.

Still crash most of the time when I try to land, but even being on the edge and then losing it is fun,

I would pick up a KA-52 the minute I see it. Think that would be a really nice copter to play with.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, based on the model pics, this doesn't look like simply a cosmetic update... Last time, and recently in the A-10C suub forum, I expressed my opinion that paying for a cosmetic update is unacceptable. (I mean a lot of people were forced to pay twice for the Ka-50 to be able to keep using it.)

That being said, If there is an expansion in capability, which the model does hint at (MWS, DIRCM) I would gladly put money down. That, imo, is fair.

"The Ka-50 update will consist of new functions such as Igla air-to-air missiles and missile warning systems with infrared missile jamming systems in addition to a substantial graphics overhaul. While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free. In addition to a graphics overall and new features, we will also take this opportunity to clean up any remaining bugs in the Ka-50."

Interesting. I wonder why they didn't make a separate new variant then?

It would have been easier for them to protect the new functions (as it would be a new module), while we would have more flexibility with the scenarios since the MAWS variant is a much later development I guess.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

... paying for a cosmetic update is unacceptable.

I dont share your opinion .. bringing the graphics level of a 10 year old module up to current standards requires work, and work should be compensated accordingly ... the customers can then choose to buy or not to buy such an upgrade.

(I mean a lot of people were forced to pay twice for the Ka-50 to be able to keep using it.)

forced? .. that is just not true, as they could keep using the original Blackshark for as long as they wanted .. what ED offered was a new version that could be used within DCS World .. those customers could CHOOSE wether to purchase the new version or not.

Recognizing that the work behind the new version was much less than creating a whole new Module, ED offered a reduced upgrade price to those who owned the original BS .. is it not fair?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Read the news letter you are not paying for cosmetics, that is free. The additional cockpit function aka probably:thumbup: jamming system and warning system plus whatever else new systems wise is what you pay for.

Happy to pay, best module in dcs and she is getting the love she needs. Cant wait

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

finaly some love to k-50 and this paid features nice

i would love to see paid upgrades for p-51 or any other warbird in future

for ppl complaining about paid features pls point me company wich are doing stuff for free ?? in most games you paying $$ for bloody skins etc i would pay for graphical upgrade too

ED did too much free stuff recently imo

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I dont share your opinion .. bringing the graphics level of a 10 year old module up to current standards requires work, and work should be compensated accordingly ... the customers can then choose to buy or not to buy such an upgrade.

forced? .. that is just not true, as they could keep using the original Blackshark for as long as they wanted .. what ED offered was a new version that could be used within DCS World .. those customers could CHOOSE wether to purchase the new version or not.

Recognizing that the work behind the new version was much less than creating a whole new Module, ED offered a reduced upgrade price to those who owned the original BS .. is it not fair?

None of what happened with BS2 was fair. It was shameful. Saying it was a "choice" is just being dishonest and borderline blind fanboyism.

But now, MWS, DIRCM, Iglas. I'm 100% okay paying for that, and I can't wait to throw my wallet at ED.

"The Ka-50 update will consist of new functions such as Igla air-to-air missiles and missile warning systems with infrared missile jamming systems in addition to a substantial graphics overhaul. While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free. In addition to a graphics overall and new features, we will also take this opportunity to clean up any remaining bugs in the Ka-50."

Interesting. I wonder why they didn't make a separate new variant then?

It would have been easier for them to protect the new functions (as it would be a new module), while we would have more flexibility with the scenarios since the MAWS variant is a much later development I guess.

Fantastic news! Finally one of the fathers of DCS is getting a facelift and adds. Day one buy for me.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

My only question: Am I going to have to give up Vikhrs to carry Iglas? Looks like they are carried on same station. Were vikhrs ever carried on the inside? Fairly certain I know the answer, but asking anyway.

Fantastic news! Finally one of the fathers of DCS is getting a facelift and adds. Day one buy for me.

Exactly my sentiment (even though I had quietly hoped for a Kamov Ka-50N or

Kamov Ka-50Sh variant). :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Best news letter in ages! Looking forward to the update. Just curious, ED were always adamant they wouldn't be adding air to air missiles on the Ka-50 because although they were tested, they were never used in service. What's changed? Is it going to realistic for us to carry Iglas or not?

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Maybe It was not sustainable to give only graphical update for free, but people would have done a revolution if they had to pay Just for graphics. So graphics Is free but they offer Aa missiles pay, and I'm sure everyone Will buy. So they can suatain graphic upgrade too. This Is my bet.

Definitely the best news for a long time plus the additional info on the hind Wallet---->money--->Screen

Especially for this which from what i can tell is or at least very similar to what this missile defense system is

Instant buy! This is the best news ever for BlackShark. It's just amazing to see upgrades on a 10 years old module!

So happy right now.

2 :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Instant buy! This is the best news ever for BlackShark. It's just amazing to see upgrades on a 10 years old module!

So happy right now.

THIS!!!:thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I agree that this is awesome news. My issue is with the fact that after a length of time ED granted a full BS2 license to those who had only paid for the upgrade. If this cycle is to be repeated then I will be hesitant to give them full price for the 'BS3' upgrade even though I see it as more worthwhile than the BS1 to BS2 upgrade.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: