Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

My only question: Am I going to have to give up Vikhrs to carry Iglas? Looks like they are carried on same station. Were vikhrs ever carried on the inside? Fairly certain I know the answer, but asking anyway.

If you fly in squad it's worth it. Alone... Yup it's another question.

From my understanding.

The current KA50 is being updated for free and there's another KA50 with all the fancy gear as a separate payware module.

I might be wrong

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The current KA50 is being updated for free and there's another KA50 with all the fancy gear as a separate payware module.

No. The current update will be a free upgrade, external and cockpit models, but to unlock addition functionality you will have to pay.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Sounds reasonable for me. Count me in. I'm gladly to buy it, who knows with this probably not much money they get it would bring the Apache.... sorry couldnt resist lol

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Best news letter in ages!

Exactly! Awesome! Can't wait to kiss ED with money!

I'm honestly a bit disappointed about the lack of FLIR but if I had to choose one thing, then MWS and DIRCM would be number one all the way! This is even the most advanced counter IR missile system in the world which makes this update mind blowing!

Won't we still be sitting ducks against fighter jets with their radar guided missiles though? With just an RWR and FLIR, this chopper would totally be on par with the best attack helicopters in the world.

Thank you ED!

Edited by Griffin

That are great news. Finally, the KA-50 is brought up to date. And I'd rather spend money on the upgrade than for another module like the F-16.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Nice! The only other thing I could ask for is a FLIR capable SHKVAL, so we can have night missions. Or do the Russians not have that technology?

Thanks for finally giving us Air to Air DCS! We can finally defend ourselves now!

Edited by 3WA

finaly some love to k-50 and this paid features nice

i would love to see paid upgrades for p-51 or any other warbird in future

for ppl complaining about paid features pls point me company wich are doing stuff for free ?? in most games you paying $$ for bloody skins etc i would pay for graphical upgrade too

ED did too much free stuff recently imo

Sorry, if YOU are getting things for free from DCS it is maybe because of customers that have been supporting their products from day 1. This may include paying for two or three Ka-50 licenses allready.

Nice! The only other thing I could ask for is a FLIR capable SHKVAL, so we can have night missions. Or do the Russians not have that technology?

Thanks for finally giving us Air to Air DCS! We can finally defend ourselves now!

It would be possible, but it would need an entire new cockpit too for such version, not sure that ED has such infos and it would be a big amount of work.

What a great News! Ka 50 Update plus Hind Pics, thank you ED!

Will the upgraded Ka-50 have maybe even some Kind of Flir?

oh yes mi-24p pics so great to see them

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

This is excellent news and I can't wait. I loaded up DCS with the Ka-50 just now on one monitor then loaded up some of the new model renders on my second monitor and compared the two. There is massive difference in model detail and fidelity. It's not even close. The new models look like they were done in an entire new game engine. The fact that it's a free if you don't want the new internal systems was expected (they did say as much in the past) and very much appreciated.

As for the new update and the Hind, take my money!

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

@Guille H. Mono You got also many for free, VR support, a lot of new models and units, updated Caucasus map...

I understand what you say and appreciate your response. I just seem to have a very particular way of understanding the word free and this is not the topic, so I stop here.

I don't think ED owe more that what I have for license I paid years ago in an ever changing enviorment but I will defend the right to express any concern or complaint in an appropriate manner.

This is excellent news and I can't wait. I loaded up DCS with the Ka-50 just now on one monitor then loaded up some of the new model renders on my second monitor and compared the two. There is massive difference in model detail and fidelity. It's not even close. The new models look like they were done in an entire new game engine. The fact that it's a free if you don't want the new internal systems was expected (they did say as much in the past) and very much appreciated.

As for the new update and the Hind, take my money!

Yeah, DCS always has the most detailed models of any sim I've ever seen. And a great compromise for those that are in financial hardships. I'll scrape the money together somehow, cause I've been wanting Igla's on the Ka-50 FOREVER now.

I agree that this is awesome news. My issue is with the fact that after a length of time ED granted a full BS2 license to those who had only paid for the upgrade. If this cycle is to be repeated then I will be hesitant to give them full price for the 'BS3' upgrade even though I see it as more worthwhile than the BS1 to BS2 upgrade.

Wait, so what's the problem with that? They (me included) already paid full price for the standalone BS1 and then two-three years later paid again for the upgrade to DCS standard (BS2) when it came out. You couldn't buy the upgrade without owning the BS1 first, AFAIK.

Plus, why do you think BS3 will be sold at a full price again to everybody? It will be an upgrade for BS2 owners, for sure.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I agree that this is awesome news. My issue is with the fact that after a length of time ED granted a full BS2 license to those who had only paid for the upgrade. If this cycle is to be repeated then I will be hesitant to give them full price for the 'BS3' upgrade even though I see it as more worthwhile than the BS1 to BS2 upgrade.

I would expect that people who already own BS2 would only have to pay a small upgrade fee to "BS3", or whatever they're going to call it.

That sounds "Interesting"

Does that mean people who (like me) bought BS1 then BS2 "upgrade" will pay price X

And people who just directly bought BS2 will pay price Y ?

where X < Y ?

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

That sounds "Interesting"

Does that mean people who (like me) bought BS1 then BS2 "upgrade" will pay price X

And people who just directly bought BS2 will pay price Y ?

where X < Y ?

No, it means both groups of BS2 owners (as both BS1+BS2U and BS2 owners are now having only BS2 in the system) will pay the same price which will be noticeably less then the price for people who don't have a BS2 module yet.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!