Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

Well, since the comments were about BS3 and not about DCS:Alligator I would assume that it'll be another Ka-50 variant. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Well, since the comments were about BS3 and not about DCS:Alligator I would assume that it'll be another Ka-50 variant. :P

We will see… the only thing iam sure of that it will not be an AH-64.

Chizh said, that it will be an upgrades Ka-50 (so something like Ka-50N or Ka-50Sh). He also said it will have a missile warning system (apparently 2 Ka-50 were equipped with such a system IRL) among other things.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I dont think the update is a Ka-50N or Sh at all.

Its going to be an update of the current Ka-50 we already have. Exterior 3D model, new cockpit, MWS, updated some systems that right now are not modelled, etc.

But dont expect a mockup prototype version at all modelled.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It's a bit of a touchy subject as the old lady was my first. If it's a really substantial upgrade I'd probably pay for it, just not sure if it's fair for everyone. I feel I've already funded this development by purchasing hundreds of euros worth of expensive modules... should cover some maintenance costs :huh:

To be really honest, what the Ka-50 needs the most is outside the helicopter. Better Combined Arms, better (more detailed) terrain etc. These are the factors that stimulate further spending...

For some more details how I view it https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227081

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

I dont think the update is a Ka-50N or Sh at all.

Its going to be an update of the current Ka-50 we already have. Exterior 3D model, new cockpit, MWS, updated some systems that right now are not modelled, etc.

But dont expect a mockup prototype version at all modelled.

Well, I don't really know what the difference between the variants is, so you're probably right, that it won't be a N or Sh, but it is definitely supposed to get some new systems.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

MWS and maybe some of the instruments that are not working like electrical-hydro gauges, warhead selector, maybe Igla support, but dont expect nothing radical.

Of course is only my oppinion, but is going to be our beloved Ka-50 like it is right now but updated in the 3D exterior-interior and not much more.

Of course the MWS is a great addition.

Modelling a unique single mockup of the N variant or a single flying prototype for the Sh makes no sense for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

The 3D externals (as well as internals) will get updated for free for BS2 this year.

Tornado3 small.jpg

We will see...

Im not 100% sure. Maybe the intention is a more in deep upgrade all together and payed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 3D externals (as well as internals) will get updated for free for BS2 this year.

Yeah, I don't think so either from what I have read there. New cockpit and external model are part of the upgrade as far as I understood. We got these for free for the FC3 somehow (plus the FM's), but that's not a viable financial model for them :)

If they add Igla's and MWS, plus the previously missing stuff.. I think it's fair to pay for that (if there's some discount for the BS2 owners).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, technically until we find out exactly what ''Black Shark 3'' entails, it's a bit premature to say if it's worth buying or not. I doubt it'd simply be a 3d asset update, as FC3 and the WWII aircraft, as well as A-10 and others have received such without additional charge, and thus far they have mentioned it receiving a graphical update in the same vein as the others.

I would expect BS3 to involve either a substantial systems update, or possibly even a new subvariant (probably stretching the bounds of possibility there). Even if it is just a 3d update... I doubt those are easy to do, especially when you have to re-rig the cockpit in the process, so if it takes us from 80k polys to 300k+ I'd say that's worth a monetary investment =) As time goes on these ''updates'' to pre-existing modules will get more expensive to do, so it's fair they'll try to recoup some of their losses

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah, I don't think so either from what I have read there. New cockpit and external model are part of the upgrade as far as I understood. We got these for free for the FC3 somehow (plus the FM's), but that's not a viable financial model for them :)

The current financial model pretty much boils down to life-time membership and Nineline kind of made a statement against any subscription fees or engine upgrade fees. So it sounds a little odd against this background - it's possible there's some miscommunication inside ED.

If current owners would have to pay an upgrade fee (new owners would just buy BS3 I guess), ED could end up with less money, because the existing modules would be less attractive if you can expect upgrade fees later on. Why pay for something you barely fly if you have to pay for it again... it would have a few people in the community confused.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Even if it is just a 3d update... I doubt those are easy to do, especially when you have to re-rig the cockpit in the process, so if it takes us from 80k polys to 300k+ I'd say that's worth a monetary investment =) As time goes on these ''updates'' to pre-existing modules will get more expensive to do

A good question might be whether ED and HB - or the community? - are shooting themselves in the foot by gradually raising the bar on simulation + graphical immersion ever higher and higher ie. gravitating towards extreme high fidelity.

not a fan of the proposed systems enhancement. this reminds of a little french developer named eugen who ruined their promising wargame franchise by falling down the slippery slope of including fantasy prototype vehicles. hope the devs remember this game is meant to be a simulator after all

1 mockup for the N and one flying prototype for the Sh.

Not worth the effort.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I can't fathom is how anyone expects or thinks that ED would just do a minor update to the Shark and charge for it as a BS3 update... I mean... does that mean that you don't get a MWS if you don't buy the upgrade? We'll have some people flying the MWS version and some people not? Are they the same thing in the ME? It's dumb. Makes zero sense for ED to do that. Any comments supporting such an idea seem to be fear mongering and in somewhat bad taste to me.

In my humble opinion... I think ED have been very good to us.

Also... I don't think the KA50 we have has a MWS IRL. If ED are modeling a Shark with a MWS... We're almost certainly getting a proper release of a real helicopter that has a MWS. I mean seriously... look at the AGM65's on the F18. They took a 65 off the hornet that it doesn't carry. You think they're just going to tack an MWS on the current shark, update it's 3D model and trim buttons and charge us for it? Not likely.

Also... Esac...

How is it not worth the effort to sim a super rare but very awesome and capable aircraft like a 50N or 50Sh?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Its only my oppinion but the N never took off from the ground and the Sh only some flight test with only one airframe.

For me this is not enough to justifie a new module. Is like asking for the proposed turkish version never sold. And in essence is the very same Ka-50 but just with a multi optics turret ball in the nose.

Developing experimental projects never flown or never produce is not the way to go for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me this is not enough to justifie a new module. Is like asking for the proposed turkish version never sold. And in essence is the very same Ka-50 but just with a multi optics turret ball in the nose.

Developing experimental projects never flown or never produce is not the way to go for me.

and it looks horrendously ugly. i hope they won't do that.

ka-50-2_erdogan_pic1.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I believe, after the last "fiasco" of "official information going to the Russian Forums first, perhaps it was a late reactionary reminder to actually provide a combined statement on BS3 as an "Official advisory" rather than what happened last time, when the same producer decided to talk freely in the Russian channels then we were told it's not official, then the week after it found it's way into the Official updates forum, with a week of moderators giving odd advice on it saying it wasn't official, despite the words coming directly from the senior producers account.

So I would, personally, hang on a few weeks and look for a news letter and pretend you didn't see it, it might just have been a slightly premature "best intentions" instant comment.

As for the upgrade itself, the BS1 to BS2 path was a bit of a fussy journey as DCSW was created after BS1, had an integration moment and then became a full module. ED did me well after the BS2 upgrade purchase by giving me the module on it's own but for ages I had to to some fancy trickery to run BS1 and DCS and the BS2 upgrade together. Anything coming next has the benefit of hindsight and will be handled better.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *