Mig-19 Training videos

=DECOY=

@sze5003 Is the module available for sale? I haven't seen it in the store. What makes you think you can get it next week?

It's coming from this announcement by ED beginning of January:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

The DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM will be coming later this month!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks. Every landing you can walk away... :D

So the near/far switch position is reversed to the one in the MiG-15. Far setting in MiG-15 was with the switch in forward facing position. That's how I remember it. And the three selector switches change the frequency range on the ARK-5 control panel to be able to faster switch from outer to inner NDBs where the frequencies match by changing only the frequ. range without further tuning.

In MiG-19 it's facing rearward in the far position. Or is it just a matter of translation? I think, that's interesting for conversion training :smilewink:

Regards

Jens

Appreciate the balance in the voice acting! Thanks!

As for NDBs, are they affected by distance and terrain? AFAIK its a standart DCS engine feature since first Black Shark. Asking beacuse we can get a bearing on a distand another airfield's NDB while parked on the ground, but we cant do that in L-39 until taking off and gaining some altitude for example.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Appreciate the balance in the voice acting! Thanks!

As for NDBs, are they affected by distance and terrain? AFAIK its a standart DCS engine feature since first Black Shark. Asking beacuse we can get a bearing on a distand another airfield's NDB while parked on the ground, but we cant do that in L-39 until taking off and gaining some altitude for example.

L-39 is a bit buggy at the moment RKL will pick up NDBs on the other side of the Caucuses sometimes.

Not that its a big deal, especially with DCS map sizes, but still its an interesting little factor.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Well, generally range should be between 150-300 km depending of flight altitude. Terrain obstacles don't have influence on device range, but they changing ARK accuracy. Low level flights, over mountain flights, even night flights can cause azimuth errors up to 90 deg. But I don't think that DCS engine is able handle those things properly.

PS. Tarres have right - no preprogramed frequencies in ARK-5, this knob is for changing frequency ranges for quick ARK self tuning. Pilot tunes main frequency ( far NDB ), sets by knob frequency range of second station ( near NDB ), and during landing after passing far NDB, just switch to near NDB without necessity of manual tuning because he need to be focused on landing.

Navigation added to post 4

The video link is not public yet though, not sure it's intended ;)

Just out of curiosity, is that normal the pilot is always offset to the right in those videos, is it the natural cockpit arrangement?

UPDATE

Just a few hints for the training:

- the little set-up test is a nice touch!

- it's obviously mainly a VFR flight, normally those are performed with a flight plan and it includes headings, timings and visual landmarks (with timings), that would be a nice immersive touch too. There is mention of a flight plan, we just don't see any.

As for the video, which seems to have been made in a rush:

- I winced at the taxiing and runway entry, no approach free check and completely misaligned ;)

- the overall navigation in the video is a bit puzzling, at some point the pilot seems to turn for a very long while with a very small bank angle, above other waypoints he turns with an almost 90° bank angle, without looking at the altitude variation.... not sure how he can manage to stay on his planned route and altitude?

- no checklist?

- the landing... yeah ;)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Just out of curiosity, is that normal the pilot is always offset to the right in those videos, is it the natural cockpit arrangement?

UPDATE

- it's obviously mainly a VFR flight, normally those are performed with a flight plan and it includes headings, timings and visual landmarks (with timings), that would be a nice immersive touch too. There is mention of a flight plan, we just don't see any.

- I winced at the taxiing and runway entry, no approach free check and completely misaligned ;)

- the overall navigation in the video is a bit puzzling, at some point the pilot seems to turn for a very long while with a very small bank angle, above other waypoints he turns with an almost 90° bank angle, without looking at the altitude variation.... not sure how he can manage to stay on his planned route and altitude?

- no checklist?

- the landing... yeah ;)

I was a bit confused about the navigation as well. Many times the pilot seems to go straight and then veer right or left a few times. I thought he was trying to align the NDB line on the instrument panel but that didn't seem to be the case. Maybe a small description of what we should be paying attention to on that instrument would be helpful. I know the line points toward the station frequency, but are you suppose to follow it or fly a course to it so that you intersect it at some point?

Since this plane doesn't seem to have a lot of need for many hotas commands maybe mapping some of those to the kneeboard to see the waypoints will be helpful, specifically in VR.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So the near/far switch position is reversed to the one in the MiG-15. Far setting in MiG-15 was with the switch in forward facing position.

In MiG-19 it's facing rearward in the far position.

Regards

Jens

I believe the ARK-5 Homing Switch positions should be identical in MiG-15 and MiG-19:

• Left/Rearward position: ДАЛЬН. (FAR)
  • Right/Forward position: БЛИЖН. (NEAR)

If true, this would currently be modelled correctly in DCS: MiG-19P and incorrectly in DCS: MiG-15bis.

If anyone has additional reference material supporting my claim, let me know and I will report this issue to the devs.

383086440_MiG-15Instructions.png.fc8f2646dbcd0e632d4ec2193cd524f9.png

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

The UTI manuals were of no use, however in "MiG-15 Vol.1: 'Fifteen' MiG-15 in Czechoslovak Air Force 1951-1983" by Miroslav Irra, I found this picture, showing "far" the closest, and "near" the furthest from the pilot:

https://imgur.com/a/ZX917z9

So now we have THREE independent sources showing that "far" was the closest, and "near" was the furthest. That should be sufficient to make a decent case to BST.

The UTI manuals were of no use, however in "MiG-15 Vol.1: 'Fifteen' MiG-15 in Czechoslovak Air Force 1951-1983" by Miroslav Irra, I found this picture, showing "far" the closest, and "near" the furthest from the pilot:

https://imgur.com/a/ZX917z9

So now we have THREE independent sources showing that "far" was the closest, and "near" was the furthest. That should be sufficient to make a decent case to BST.

Thanks - issue is reported.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

UPDATE

- no checklist?

- the landing... yeah ;)

For this one you have a detailed description of what you are expected to do, which is a mix of VFR flight and beacon homing. The plan is the standard one for DCS with description of what to do at each waypoint (I figure this would be a most common thing for most of the missions). It is not perfect, but mostly works.

Indon’t remember if I included a kneeboard, everything will nicely be covered in manual anyway.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I believe the ARK-5 Homing Switch positions should be identical in MiG-15 and MiG-19:

• Left/Rearward position: ДАЛЬН. (FAR)
  • Right/Forward position: БЛИЖН. (NEAR)

If true, this would currently be modelled correctly in DCS: MiG-19P and incorrectly in DCS: MiG-15bis.

If anyone has additional reference material supporting my claim, let me know and I will report this issue to the devs.

|

Hi, the cockpit labels have been updated. thanks for pointing this out

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hi, the cockpit labels have been updated. thanks for pointing this out

I hope not! It was correct in the MiG-19P and is currently being changed in the MiG-15 :)

EDIT: Apparently this issue also existed in EN MiG-19P texture set and is now fixed.

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

The new trening mission video, RADAR:

7Zbb-fN9_9g

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro