F5-E BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79 Campaign

SorelRo

Looks great. Hope it will be released soon.

F-5 badly need some content to play.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh that's awesome. I'm looking forward to snagging it.

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

And after almost a year of it being ready to go to the store, I can finally play this amazing campaign

Is it available at last?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Just grabbed it as well.  Looking forward to starting the campaign.

Thanks SorelRo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I'm looking forward to buying/playing this campaign (I LOVE the F5), but I typically don't bother with the Open Beta.  It seems weird to me that they're selling something that seems to require the Beta rather than the Released version of DCS.

Do I understand that correctly that this campaign won't work with the current Released version of DCS, and instead requires the Beta?

17 hours ago, GaryM05 said:

I'm looking forward to buying/playing this campaign (I LOVE the F5), but I typically don't bother with the Open Beta.  It seems weird to me that they're selling something that seems to require the Beta rather than the Released version of DCS.

Do I understand that correctly that this campaign won't work with the current Released version of DCS, and instead requires the Beta?

This is the standard way every new piece of content releases in DCS. I would really recommend switching to open beta, there's not really any downside to doing so. It gets new content, new features, and even bug fixes earlier than Stable does. And every multiplayer server uses it. Very rarely (more in the past but seldom nowadays) a large bug hits the latest beta version. I've personally never had a problem with this; ED always puts out a hotfix in the next day or so and it's easy enough to not update until that hotfix comes out. Plus a big bug almost always only affects one aircraft in which case I just don't fly that aircraft for 1 day. Not a big deal. Benefits far outweigh the risks.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

1 hour ago, kengou said:

This is the standard way every new piece of content releases in DCS. I would really recommend switching to open beta, there's not really any downside to doing so. It gets new content, new features, and even bug fixes earlier than Stable does. And every multiplayer server uses it. Very rarely (more in the past but seldom nowadays) a large bug hits the latest beta version. I've personally never had a problem with this; ED always puts out a hotfix in the next day or so and it's easy enough to not update until that hotfix comes out. Plus a big bug almost always only affects one aircraft in which case I just don't fly that aircraft for 1 day. Not a big deal. Benefits far outweigh the risks.

Ok, cool - thanks for the info!  I'd had a different perception of the Open Beta environment, but it sounds like my concerns aren't well-founded - I'll start the download and give it a shot.  🙂

2 minutes ago, GaryM05 said:

Ok, cool - thanks for the info!  I'd had a different perception of the Open Beta environment, but it sounds like my concerns aren't well-founded - I'll start the download and give it a shot.  🙂

Heads up from someone who recently switched - you don't need to re-download. You can use DCS_Updater to switch your current install, like:

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

9 hours ago, Monkwolf said:

Heads up from someone who recently switched - you don't need to re-download. You can use DCS_Updater to switch your current install, like:

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Oh perfect - thanks, that'll save me a ton of time!  

@GaryM05 Campaign creators don't have any control on how this gets released. Since the module is quite an old one. I'm confident that it will work in Open Beta and in the Release version. I test my missions in both versions. It's a pain but just to avoid future problems I think it's better this way. Since the release just one bug found so far. That's not a bad track record. 

Cheers, 

Sorel 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:16 AM, SorelRo said:

@GaryM05 Campaign creators don't have any control on how this gets released. Since the module is quite an old one. I'm confident that it will work in Open Beta and in the Release version. I test my missions in both versions. It's a pain but just to avoid future problems I think it's better this way. Since the release just one bug found so far. That's not a bad track record. 

Cheers, 

Sorel 

Sounds good - thanks for the tip!  I'll try it in the Release version, but if it doesn't run there I'll update to Beta; really excited to try it, as I appreciate having the opportunity to fly a straight-forward plane in a multi-mission campaign.  Thanks for making it available for us!  :)