Massive frame drop with EHSD on waypoint

Sadist_Cain

Flying on a private server on through the inferno earlier with two buddys, my waypoint got misplaced through accidental TDC slewing, so I edited it back, placing it a mile or so off my right wing.

Frames dropped from 70-90's right down to sub 30's, however if I changed to A/C to focus on the aircraft, frames shot up to the 90's again, consistently the frames would get cut in half switching to waypoint.

I was carrying the tpod and gunpod at the time, having dropped GBU12s and snakeyes.

Systems specs that matter are 8086K 4.8GHz, 32GB 3GHz DDR4, MSI 1080 armor.

Cockpit displays are set to 512, game res is 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

Definite issue on some EHSD pages, but is infrequent and unpredictable. Shaders etc cleared but it still occurs.

You can see the flickering on the clip below. Also notice how the sea turns to jelly. Apologies for the quality ... no idea why Youtube didn't render it in HD.

Just got that yesterday ; first time it happened to me despite flying almost every night and entering waypoints each time.

I think the specific point here is : moving the waypoint around with the TDC at some point results in the frame rate drop later.

I don't know why but I'll try and reproduce this bug.

PM-ing Decoy now !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

had an issue the other day with TACAN.

When TACAN was active and EHSD page was open the frame rate was dropping like a stone.

selecting any other page, framerate back to normal

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

PMed Decoy about that.

It seems pretty easy to reproduce so I hope it'll be easy to fix.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks Decoy !

Reported in the general DCS bugs forum.

Let's hope they have as good a client service support as Razbam !

Edited by davidp57
Can't write correct english