[NO BUG] FUEL DUMP switch different operation weight on and off wheels

Bullant

I have written a dcsbios library for the FA18 and just about everything seems to work as expected.

But the FUEL DUMP switch is showing a very weird behaviour.

With weight on wheels (on the ground) the switch responds as a normal two position switch responding to commands to set the switch state to 0 (off) and 1 (on).

However, with weight off wheels (airborne) the switch becomes a "ToggleOnly" switch, whereby it only responds to commands to set it's state to 1, with each subsequent call toggling the state of the switch.

What this means is that when using dcsbios and a physical switch it works fine on the ground but once airborne (where you'd want to use it!) the in game switch only toggles each time you move the physical switch to the on/up position.

I have a feeling this might have something to do with this switch being magnetically held in the aircraft, but would appreciate some feedback from the devs if possible.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 1 month later...