dali

:thumbup:

fAqXSGc.jpg

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I identify as a power ranger and I'd like them represented. As well as a cat, but I want the ones from wing commander.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I haven't seen bigotry or sexism displayed here. I have seen someone who thinks they are somehow morally superior to everyone else decide to take up a position on how a video game should be developed and be offended when not everyone thinks it is important.

Well said, Vampire, the "Take Offence Industry" is alive and well.

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

mistake?

its called money. maybe you've herd of it. What money do they make from having a female pilot in the game? They make 1 model, move on to the next thing.

Mistake not making the female pilot body available from the start.

If it's such a money/resource drain they wouldn't have bothered making different pilot bodies to begin with, or maybe none at all. Love the sarcastic comment, says more about you than I ever could :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

The new radio comms for the carrier might be a good place to start. With AI based ATC being a week spot in general, this could be a good place to start. Maybe some of the female actors can create a proper ATIS using the appropriate units for the US.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

i swear to god if ED starts genuflecting to the snowflake millenial crowd...

that is the absolute STUPIDEST decision they could ever possibly make

#GetWokeGoBroke

think about it ED - do you really want to take on that risk

don't you already have enough struggles to deal with that you want to add POLITICS to the mix also??

maybe we should have transgender pilots too

copilots should have coordinated color helmets because... "gayyy"

uh oh.. you were "insensitive" you're showing your "toxic masculinity"

goddammmmmm

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:

fAqXSGc.jpg

Wow, what a remarkably bigoted piece of shit your posts from the last two days have revealed you to be. I never knew.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

including female models is a start but we can go further. i propose we add pilot models featuring the following sexual orientations into the game, possibly as an "Inclusiveness" DLC module:

gay

lesbian

bisexual

queer

lgbtq

asexual

aromantic

homosexual

out

closeted

androsexual

bicurious

demiromantic

demisexual

gynesexual

polyamorous

skoliosexual

anything less would be discriminatory in my opinion. it is the current year after all

SJW'S and misanthropes-little to choose between them .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

including female models is a start but we can go further. i propose we add pilot models featuring the following sexual orientations into the game, possibly as an "Inclusiveness" DLC module:

gay

lesbian

bisexual

queer

lgbtq

asexual

aromantic

homosexual

out

closeted

androsexual

bicurious

demiromantic

demisexual

gynesexual

polyamorous

skoliosexual

anything less would be discriminatory in my opinion. it is the current year after all

If DCS includes something in the future that makes one's partner/orientation relevant then yeah, they should probably talk about inclusiveness. I don't imagine DCS making the jump to roleplaying game anytime soon, but in twenty years, who knows?

The pilot body is in the game because people wanted to be depicted. The pilot body that was made happened to be male. Women play too, so they deserve to be depicted. It would be the same thing in reversed circumstances.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Wow, what a remarkably bigoted piece of shit your posts from the last two days have revealed you to be. I never knew.

I try to tell myself it’s gaming culture and not specifically DCS, gonna stay away from most of the posters here for the rest of my online career. This happens all the time like Elysian Angels thread.

The OP posted a website with picture of female aviators, so mature in feeling threatened by that

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I think it would be a great idea to have the option to select male/female for your pilots voice. It wouldn't be much extra effort to record both considering that the ATC system is already being reworked and there is already a mix of male and female voices for the controllers. Perhaps even as stated above pilots models where the face is visible could also switch between a male and female face. I don't see the need for a different body model as gender is not going to be apparent under a flight suit and associated gear.

The value added with regards to inclusivity to my mind would far outweigh any development cost for such a feature. Also I think the discussion around sexual orientation and transgender identities is missing the point as neither has anything to do with representing visible gender on pilot models.

And just where have I displayed in the last two days bigotry of any kind ? I have displayed nothing and written nothing that is bigoted. I suggest you learn what the word actually means. The picture is a quite funny picture of a Papua New Guinea Highlander having a laugh pretending to fly a plane. I have happened to work and operated in those areas. And yet you immediately assume that I am being bigoted. I think you should grow up and figure out in your limited tunnelled vision view of the world that because people disagree with you and that you immaturely and wrongly judge them to be "bigoted" that you think you are right ? Yours and Wilburs comments are what I would expect from the SJW's that inhabit the media and every nook and cranny on social media. You try and close down debate, you call people names and you display faux indignation at your rediculous assumptions and unrealistic idea's being rejected and your silly arguments being rejected. Your hypocrisy is there for all to see.

I dont have anything to be worried about, just helping display and call out you arrogant and hipocritical flamers is good enough for me.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's pretty sad to see how many imature and/or insecure men there are within the DCS community. I always thought this community has a higher standard than the usual gaming community... :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

QuiGon said:
It's pretty sad to see how many imature and/or insecure men there are within the DCS community. I always thought this community has a higher standard than the usual gaming community... 😞

The problem I have is that the pilot models in most cases have next to no identifiable features, both in or out of the cockpit. Not only that I imagine most players turn their pilot bodies off as they can interfere with getting to switches etc, but even if you do have your pilot body on, all you'll be able to see are some arms and legs completely covered in a flight suit. If you look in the mirror you'll see a helmet, with an opaque visor covering the top half and a mask covering the bottom. The only exceptions to this is the UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2 and the Gazelles and only really if you turn the pilot bodies on, as here their faces can be seen. Now even if I am flying 1 of these 3 helicopters 99% of the time I'm in the wrong position to not even be able to even see other pilots clearly, and even if I can't picking up discernible features is kind of a futile effort. In pretty much every other aircraft the pilots don't have any discernible features.

So apart from those 3 helicopters, what changes would you make to add female pilots? The only one where you can even start are those 3 helicopters, which arguably have a lot more issues to focus on than not having female pilots, I mean sure add them, I don't care, it's not a problem - for the reasons I've put above I wouldn't even notice... But IMHO - this has to be the lowest of all priorities, I mean have you looked at the B-1B, B-52H, CH-53E, GBU-27, SH-60B, Su-30, S-300, M60A3, Tu-95, Tu-142, Tu-160 or any of the whole host of objects with models and textures well after their time recently? Surely just those alone should take precedence... Let alone bugs and errors.

Now if you want to go for speech, that's an entirely different story, the speech in DCS is feature that it doesn't really excel at, it would definitely be beneficial to have more diverse voicelines - listening to the same 3-4 voices does sometimes kill immersion for me personally.

I'd absolutely welcome any new voicelines for pilots (which I believe only has the voice of the mighty Wags if I'm not mistaken), as well as female voicelines for GCIs, ATCs (even though there already is a female one), AEW aircraft and FACs female or otherwise - I don't see any reason why not.

Edited by Northstar98
grammar

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It's not the inclusion of females anywhere in the sim that is ever a problem. Heaven knows, we need more ATC voices. The problem with this suggestion that generates the mocking is that it's just having no impact on many people's vision of DCS because it's not impacting anything visually from where you fly a plane. If we COULD actually identify facial features in formation, don't you think implementing hand signals would be a far more useful step, or adjusting the audio files to get a new flight with a female voice? Or what about more localisation? Whilst we are at this inclusivity, both women AND men in other countries bar the US and Russia are being excluded from the vocals. And the thing that gets a good deal of people is that not only can't you see your face, why don't they fix half the mirrors in the cockpits? And then, if it's not the final straw, I don't know what it is, most people drive without pilot bodies shown at all, so it becomes a pointless waste of time in comparison to the many many things a modeller and texture artist could do .... like

"Fixing the 1980's graphics on the vast amount of low quality models of airplanes?"

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

the idea was to show some gender solidarity and equality. As you point out, gender bigotry is unfortunate reality of this community.

But there are so many idle little men, who have nothing constructive do add, so they must have their little display of "manhood" in each and every thread.

You are partially right and wrong same time.

20-30 years ago and earlier there were only two genders. Male and female. And everyone was assigned to be one of these two. Today you can say you feel that you are a horse so you are horse gender - in big simplicity.

Everyone who disagrees or is against is being called homophobe. He must accept deviations like that, otherwise he can be banned or stoned because he hurt feelings of the a man who think he is a horse.

We live in really weird times, where it is forbidden to say that one ethnic group is majority in prisons because then you are racist. Even if you post real data regarding this matter.

If you are against gender parities in company, where there has to be at least 1 woman as chairman then you are idiot, crazy man ect.

In the same time when those people scream at you "idiot", "homophobe", "racist" they can't give a thought that not everything must be as they wish and maybe they're wrong.

Not every must fit everywhere, pilots are in 99% men. Should be there women in DCS? I don't care as long as it doesn't touches nowadays stupidity that women have to prove that they are better than man. In some they are better, in some they are completely useless and that is a fact.:)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Wow, just wow...

I'm amazed at how such an innocuous request can trigger so many people.

The OP has asked for the possibility of adding female pilots. No specifics (whether it's a body, face or just a voice).

No one has asked for bicurious, gay or transgender representation in DCS. No one has called for forced gender parity. No one has called for enforcing an SJW political agenda. No one is forcing anyone to get "woke".

Are you people actually afraid DCS will be infiltrated by an SJW agenda??? Where does this fear come from (rhetorical question, I'm aware of the current climate in some circles)? Why these allergic reactions?

Let's bring this back to reality:

• Females make up 50% of the human population
  • Over 20% of US Air Force personell are female (over 65,000 individuals)
  • The US Air Force has 749 female pilots; 327 navigators; 229 air battle managers
  • Female pilots exist
  • Everyone is free to enjoy DCS

While female pilots make up a small percentage of combat pilots, they are real and their inclusion would be realistic. The addition of female pilots would enrich DCS, not ruin, endanger or make it "politically correct". Whether or not it's worth the the effort and the extent of implementation is of course debatable.

1 in 5 US Air Force personell is female. This is a far larger number, then the number of female pilots. We could realistically expect to be hearing female voices very often. I hope that we will soon hear the inclusion of female voices.

Edited by Boris
  • Thanks 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat