Can the AMPCD be exported to a second monitor?

LeCuvier

In my set-up, the AMPCD is nearly useless as it is rather small and I cannot read anything on it. I would like to display it, a bit larger than in the cockpit, on my second monitor. Questions:

1. Can it be exported like an MFCD?

2. If yes, what name is to be used in the .lua file for monitor set-up?

3. where can I find a tutorial for multi-monitor set-up?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks xavnl,

I created this file, but all I get is a totally black secondary monitor (at the right of the main monitor):

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Camera + FA-18 AMPCD');
Description = 'FA-18 AMPCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 2560;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 2560 / 1440;
    }
}

F18_AMPCD =
{
    x = 2561;
    y = 538;
    width = 512;
    height = 512;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

I was wondering if the spelling "F18_AMPCD" correct and tried some variations, but all that got me was an extremely wide main view.

Where do you find these names?

My main monitor is 2560 x 1440 and my secondary monitor is 1680 x 1050

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It should be called CENTER_MFCD by default IIRC.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Thanks Deezle, this works!

My question remains though: where do you find these names?

LeCuvier

Thanks Deezle, this works!

My question remains though: where do you find these names?

Generally you go to the aircraft folder, in this case FA-18C/cockpit/scripts/Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_init.lua.

It should have this line

try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

This can be added to other _init.lua files for cockpit things such as the IFEI (with a unique name, of course).

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

So i can use the same script and edit for different cockpit displays? What else can i export from the hornet cockpit?

Generally you go to the aircraft folder, in this case FA-18C/cockpit/scripts/Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_init.lua.

It should have this line

try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

This can be added to other _init.lua files for cockpit things such as the IFEI (with a unique name, of course).

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Apparently this doesn't work will all aircraft. I tried with the Bf-109's REVI (gun sight) and nothing showed. Maybe the export needs to be enabled somewhere?

LeCuvier

So i can use the same script and edit for different cockpit displays? What else can i export from the hornet cockpit?

The two that I can think of off the top of my head will be IFEI and RWR, probably the HUD as well for a niche simpit application.

For example with other aircraft I have exported the armament display for the Mirage, as well as the INS display. Exported the computer and waypoint number displays in the Viggen (I forget the names for them), the NADIR display in the Gazelle, ect. Generally if it's some type of screen, you can export it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm having an issue where I create the .Lua I want but it doesn't show up in the option menu... I even tried editing the name of an existing one and it was the same affect. Is there a directory I need to add the monitor option to other than saved games/dcs/config/monitorsetup.??

6 hours ago, Trigger357 said:

I'm having an issue where I create the .Lua I want but it doesn't show up in the option menu... I even tried editing the name of an existing one and it was the same affect. Is there a directory I need to add the monitor option to other than saved games/dcs/config/monitorsetup.??

My Monitorsetup folder is not under /saved games but in installation folder : \DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

Hope this help

2_monitors-FA18C_R3.lua Mine attached is for dual screen with Left/Right DDI, AMPCD, RWR, IFEI and UFC

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys

Nice talk to you all...

I have a resolution with 3 monitors of 5760 x 1080 and I would like to centralize the GUI, radio menu and mission editor, only on the central monitor 19020 x 1080, and I lost my old .lua file with this configuration, inside the config folder \MonitorSetup......

could someone help me?

On 1/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, BR CEROL said:

I have a resolution with 3 monitors of 5760 x 1080 and I would like to centralize the GUI, radio menu and mission editor, only on the central monitor 19020 x 1080, and I lost my old .lua file with this configuration, inside the config folder \MonitorSetup......

Did you get an answer to this? I'm using a single 5760 x 1080 screen and have this for the GUI section:

GUI =
 {
  x = screen.width/3;
  y = 0;
  width = screen.width/3;
  height = screen.height;
 }

UIMainView = GUI

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, Chris P said:

Did you get an answer to this? I'm using a single 5760 x 1080 screen and have this for the GUI section:

GUI =
 {
  x = screen.width/3;
  y = 0;
  width = screen.width/3;
  height = screen.height;
 }

UIMainView = GUI

Hello Chris !

thanks for the answer.....! aftermany tryes ! i, finnaly did it !

Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width  = 5840;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 5840/1080;
     }