Clean Maps

GunnyCook

Hi, as we all know DCS is very intense on resources( mainly due to the maps), one thing that could help some people with , shall we say, below par for the sim, computers, to at least fly would be maps with just airbases on them, minus all the buildings and niceties.

maybe even if it is just one map, Caucasus for example, strip it, leave on the bases and lots more people can fly.

so my addition to the wishlist will be clean versions of the maps.

thanks

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

You can use a triggered action to remove scenery objects

-> Set up a trigger zone (make it very large)

-> In the 'set rules for trigger' menu (the one below the clouds) set it as the following:

Under 'triggers' select new -> 4 Mission Start

Leave 'conditions' blank

Under 'actions' hit new, and select 'Scenery Remove Objects Zone' set the 'zone' to the trigger zone you made and 'select objects mask' to trees only, objects only or both depending on what you want to achieve.

And that's it, all the scenery objects (buildings, trucks, boats, trees, depending on what you select etc) will be removed within that zone.

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

-> In the 'set rules for trigger' menu (the one below the clouds) set it as the following:

Leave 'conditions' blank

Under 'actions' hit new, and select 'Scenery Remove Objects Zone' set the 'zone' to the trigger zone you made and 'select objects mask' to trees only, objects only or both depending on what you want to achieve.

And that's it, all the scenery objects (buildings, trucks, boats, trees, depending on what you select etc).

I didn't know this!

I can finally scope out a forested but flat area of land, and remove the trees to build a small field to land my warbirds at.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Leave 'conditions' blank

And that's it, all the scenery objects (buildings, trucks, boats, trees, depending on what you select etc).

Wow, as I cannot test it now, does it free used RAM for scenery objects and increase FPS or they are still in memory but just not visible for player?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, we tried this but to no avail. :I

this is what happens.

i make the map(Nevada), added the trigger zone to clear the main city.

go online, start new server, game loads in but then hangs(whilst it removes the objects i presume)

after a few mins the game crashes., now i have had this work on much smaller areas, like for maybe a small village, but it wont clear the map. even if i use many small zones its the same event.

His pc does meet the minimum spec, and his internet connection is ok as he can join other servers i host with different games and he could join the 1.5 servers also.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Wow, as I cannot test it now, does it free used RAM for scenery objects and increase FPS or they are still in memory but just not visible for player?

Not sure, the command line says remove and there is another for replace with destroyed.

what i do know is that it removes them after the map has loaded so they to start off in the ram.

I didn't know this!

I can finally scope out a forested but flat area of land, and remove the trees to build a small field to land my warbirds at.

When I found it I was elated, there are plenty of places in the Caucasus that make excellent places to make FOBs and FARPs if it wasn't for the trees...

Not sure, the command line says remove and there is another for replace with destroyed.

what i do know is that it removes them after the map has loaded so they to start off in the ram.

Yes this is correct, they initially start loaded in, so maybe this is more of a workaround and not the best solution but so far the only one that exists :(

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I-ve also been told that the "remove" trigger zone does not work on servers. Needs to be local. (Don't know if it works now though!)

Hmm weird... I would've thought because it's a trigger it would work like any other - incl. in multiplayer. I could easily be wrong though.

System:

I could easily be wrong though.

Not as easily as i can ! :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not as easily as i can ! :)

Challenge accepted! :P

System:

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 months later...

So i have noticed that the water is one layer that sits under the main map, i think this is one of the big issues, water is the one thing , in most games i use, that uses the most resources and creates the largest hit to my fps. for example the Nevada map loads the water layer before the ground layer( on my pc) and i see it is the complete size of the map, but the map only has a couple of waterways so the whole later could be reduced in size to the size needed.

perhaps the devs could try Nevada without the water layer and see if it ups the fps.

So i have noticed that the water is one layer that sits under the main map, i think this is one of the big issues, water is the one thing , in most games i use, that uses the most resources and creates the largest hit to my fps. for example the Nevada map loads the water layer before the ground layer( on my pc) and i see it is the complete size of the map, but the map only has a couple of waterways so the whole later could be reduced in size to the size needed.

perhaps the devs could try Nevada without the water layer and see if it ups the fps.

Todays graphics engines etc do not render stuff that is behind other texture/object.

That is why a water texture can be extended all over the places as you cover all the areas with it where you want it to be visible by placing terrain under that water layer.

This technology came around 1999 at the Woodoo 3 card, or when TNT 2 was out.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.