Mi-8 Weapon Release Problem

For some reason the weapon release control has stopped working in the Mi-8 for me.

In the controls setup that line is ‘highlighted’ as per screenshot, not sure why as none of the other controls are and they work fine.

I can bind the control to my joystick but neither the joystick or keyboard button ( space bar ) will activate the weapons.

Have flown the Mi-8 quite a bit so am pretty confident I have the heli setup during the missions correctly to be ready to fire weapons.

Eg, arm switch on and red lights above weapon ammo counter is on/lit.

DCS version 2.5.4.26552

1252406907_DCS-mi8weaponissue01.thumb.JPG.5cc3ce084073b590fc41e1bd15ddcf1c.JPG

I think the usual solution is to go into your Config/Input folder, delete the Mi-8 folder, and let DCS rebuild a new default control set.

Hardly ideal, but if you do try this make sure you back-up the folder first.

Thanks Lixma; I will give that a go :thumbup:

you do realize you had 2 axis conflicting there also? right?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Removed any directories* that related to control inputs, that broke DCS in that no mi-8 specific controls were show in the controls config page.

So I put the folders back in and then the fire button started working again.

Weird, but at least it works now.

Thanks all!

D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input\

D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\