Holy Oculus !!!

Svsmokey

I lack the words ...Been dreaming of this for almost 30 years...Read every scrap i could find since Palmer Luckey was crowdfunding...every word about VR in DCS...every word about VR period...watched every YouTube video...and I still had NO CLUE...Just sitting IN the cockpit was a revelation...even the toggle switches had depth...and despite no tuning...no glasses because I have neither lens covers nor prescription lenses for the Rift yet...being "seated" too far forward...and some disconcertment at being blind to my HOTAS and trackball...I just had to fly her...the Hornet I mean...HOLY CRAP !...I could FEEL that aircraft pitch and roll . Flew for about 15 minutes...and one roll too many...shut her down before things got ugly...left her feeling that was one of the greatest experiences of my life .

As to the RIFT , quality , comfort , and I was in the cockpit 5 minutes after clicking "Oculus Setup" .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I lack the words ...Been dreaming of this for almost 30 years...Read every scrap i could find since Palmer Luckey was crowdfunding...every word about VR in DCS...every word about VR period...watched every YouTube video...and I still had NO CLUE...Just sitting IN the cockpit was a revelation...even the toggle switches had depth...and despite no tuning...no glasses because I have neither lens covers nor prescription lenses for the Rift yet...being "seated" too far forward...and some disconcertment at being blind to my HOTAS and trackball...I just had to fly her...the Hornet I mean...HOLY CRAP !...I could FEEL that aircraft pitch and roll . Flew for about 15 minutes...and one roll too many...shut her down before things got ugly...left her feeling that was one of the greatest experiences of my life .

As to the RIFT , quality , comfort , and I was in the cockpit 5 minutes after clicking "Oculus Setup" .

Welcome to VR. :smilewink:

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

So what do you reckon to VR then? Be honest, do you like it?

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

And just think, I'm getting ready to add motion, and tactile drivers to my VR setup.

I fully expect my head to explode with joy!

:thumbup:

It is so difficult to try and actually explain what VR is like you kinda just have to take the plunge. :thumbup:

I'm sure we could jump on a server and I could take you for a for a spin in the Gazelle. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

It is so difficult to try and actually explain what VR is like you kinda just have to take the plunge. :thumbup:

I'm sure we could jump on a server and I could take you for a for a spin in the Gazelle. :D

It is impossible to explain . May take you up on the Gazelle later , but for now I have a fixed-wing stomach :)

Welcome to VR. :smilewink:

Thanks !

Looks like you had a good time...:thumbup:

I still get that way even after 6 months. :D

Good to know :)

You made a great choice Svsmokey! :D Just wait until you get into combat and see how natural it feels to avoid SAM and AAA fire when you have depth perception and spatial awareness. 2D doesn't even come close for that.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I 'introduced' my son and his gf to the Rift joys recently, in the Mig-15bis....motion sickness was a thing...lol

All modules: past, present and future!:pilotfly::joystick:

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8G | TM Warthog (slew mod) | TM pedals | Oculus Rift S

You made a great choice Svsmokey! :D Just wait until you get into combat and see how natural it feels to avoid SAM and AAA fire when you have depth perception and spatial awareness. 2D doesn't even come close for that.

Yeah , long road ahead , but looking forward to it .

I 'introduced' my son and his gf to the Rift joys recently, in the Mig-15bis....motion sickness was a thing...lol

Yeah , gonna be flying 10-15 minutes at a time for a week or two :)

Yeah , gonna be flying 10-15 minutes at a time for a week or two :)

If you have the F-5 switch off the roll damper, dive to the deck with afterburners and shove the stick max left for a while. Have a bucket ready...

:puke:

I did it the second day of VR. Felt like a cat in a clothes dryer.

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

:thumbup:

Welcome to the awesome world of VR flight simming!!

I have been doing it over 2 years now and still can't get enough.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Make sure ASW or whatever Occulus uses is on..should help with the nausea. With my odyssey I got a little woozy once or twice but got used to it. And congratz on your rift. Pretty much the way I felt when if first got my Odyssey, except I probably flew for many hours that night.

Landing in the huey gets my stomach every time.. and when I come to a stop in a taildragger, my whole body lurches forward like I slammed on the brakes in a car. "You got me VR... you got me."

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Thanks guys...

Gotta lot of tuning to do....

Cat in a clothes dryer:)

Defenitely a game changer, and CV1 came as a very polished achieved product in all aspects.

Move to buy it is not easy because it costs and it's hard to know what it will really be, but when you finally try it, you understand why you couldn't really imagine how great it is, and that you did right.

Watching friends trying DCS VR for first time is also very funny. They do a barrel, and start doing strange noises… as you get ready with the bucket lol.

Defenitely a game changer, and CV1 came as a very polished achieved product in all aspects.

Move to buy it is not easy because it costs and it's hard to know what it will really be, but when you finally try it, you understand why you couldn't really imagine how great it is, and that you did right.

Quite true . It is essentially a leap of faith...

Awesome OP, and welcome to VR! It took me a few flights, and I got over the queasy stomach.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Awesome OP, and welcome to VR! It took me a few flights, and I got over the queasy stomach.

Thanks !

being "seated" too far forward

When in cockpit, press "RCtrl + RShift + NumPad /" and "RCtrl + RShift + NumPad *"to move forwards and backwards respectively.

Also, "NumPad 5" centers the view, even on the menu screen, so you don´t have to start up with your neck in a fixed position.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle