SU-25 Mission Bug?

Solidburn

In the SU-25 Campaign, I'm on mission #4 (Power Plant Strike). The problem I'm having is that there's only an empty lot to the target area. There Is a Static object for the target, a Workhouse-A I think it is. But, it doesn't register as destroyed, nor is is displayed. I tried editing the mission but that didn't seem to have any effect.

In short.....

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a bug: basically the building (Workhouse A) that you're supposed to destroy does not appear during the mission. I got around it by changing the Workhouse to a different building in the editor. The new building should appear for you to smash

I had exactly the same thing happen to me with this mission and several others that I have D/L'ed from the Internet. This bug affects many (but seemingly not all) Lockon users - namely that occasionally the target Lat and Long gets totally screwed up. It is a slight pain in the behind, but as long as you are aware of it you can usually fix it in the Mission Editor.

I have read a number of posts about problems with target locations in some missions - but mission 4 (Destroy Power Plant) of the Su-25 campaign seems the most troublesome. When I first flew this mission with Lockon v1.02, the target was over 100km East of where it should be! I have read other folks posting that for them it was in a different wrong place on the map - Wierd....

I have also had the same happen occasionally with some missions I have downloaded from the Internet- the target location seems to get porked.There seems to be no common factor that I could see that made this sort of thing happen - seemed totally random.

Anyway to get back to fixing Su-25 Campaign Mission 4.

The power plant is at 44.37.10N, 39.06.45E, you can't miss it when you fly over the town of Gorjachij Kljutch, it has 4 chimneys of which 2 are smoking. There are other buildings with smoking chimneys in the town but only the power plant has the double smoke. When I edited this mission to fix it, I assumed that the building with the chimneys was the target, other folks on the Forums told me it was actually the big warehouse looking building next to it with the overhead skylights in the roof. It doesn't really matter which one you pick as yur target provided that you edit it correctly.

In Lockon, many missions and campaigns are classified with a password so that they cannot be easily/accidentally changed. The missions and campaigns that come with Lockon use the password EAGLE.

Go into Mission Editor, upper left of screen click on the open button, bottom right of screen, TYPE OF FILE select CAMPAIGN, navigate the folder structure to the campaign you want and select it. Bottom right of screen, click on MAP. Now you will see the 1st mission of your campaign.

Top left of screen, click on EDIT, then DECLASSIFY, enter the password EAGLE. Now all the missions in the campaign should appear on the right hand side. Select the mission you want (Mission 4), zoom in th emap until you can see the route of your aircraft (it will be a white colour on the map) click the mouse on the ATTACK WAYPOINT, the triangle shape (I think it is waypoint 3?). Now press the TARGETING button (top right of screen). Find a building at 44.37.11N 39.06.46E you may need to zoom the map in (and you can see where on the map your mouse is at the bottom of the screen (a box called COORDS). Click on ADD (bottom right) then click your mouse on the building. This adds it as a target for your flight. It is a building with 4 chimneys, some of which are smoking (though I think this may depend on your graphic settings?). Now your AI wingman will know about the target you have to destroy.

If there was something already shown as targeted when you first click on TARGETING, you want to DEL (delete) that one as it is the messed up one.

So far so good, but mow we need to set MISSION GOALS (the thing that decides SUCCESS/FAIL). Look on the left of the screen and you see a button that looks like a sniper scope. Put your mouse over it and it says "Add New Mission Goal". Press that button. Now look at the left hand box that just popped up. If it has any targets listed, then DEL (delete) them. NOw we can add the correct one in.

Left side of screen, halfway down, press ADD, now put the mouse over the same building as before, the mouse icon is now the sniper scope. Click on the building. it should have now added this building as

NUMB 1 OF 1

TARGET Building

COORD 44.37.11N 39.06.46E

GOAL DESTROY

LIST Building

This is what we want, so save the changes, top left pulldown menu FILE, SAVE.

While we are here for your future reference when you start making your own missions with the Editor, a quick note about mission goals. Notice that you can set goals as either destroy or survive. This is so that you could design a mission to defend a friendly building / ship / aircraft / vehicle convoy etc. and your mission is to stop the enemy destroying it.

In the Mission Editor, if you want to, you can select your aircraft, select PAYLOAD and choose different weapons/fuel load/skin if you want to try the same mission but with a different loadout. Remember to use SAVE AS and a new name so you don't loose the original mission/campaign.

For your future reference, if you download any of the excellent missions/campaigns designed by the Lockon community, then some may be classified. Either the briefing notes or the readme file may tell you the password. Some may not.

If not, and you really want to change from what the campaign designer wanted then you can "cheat" by overwriting the password with your own. Use keyboard (instead of pulldown menu) to do this.

Press "ctrl + left shift + C" then type in a new password of your own choice e.g. 1234.

Now press "ctrl + left shift + D" and enter your password e.g. 1234.

Hope this helps.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I used the Tech Combine object and changed the location to inside a little square of buildings (to up the Collateral Damage difficulty :D ) but it works now.

(Now I'm just wondering if the edited mission save will stick after a campaign reset)

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]