Bombing modes BAUTO, RAUTO, AUTO, BCIP, RCIP, CIP not showing

toilet2000

The Harrier used to have different bombing modes depending on the current HUD data source (i.e. barometric or radar altimeter, locked DMT or no target).

By that, I mean that R/B+CIP/AUTO meant you were using the barometric altitude or the radar altitude for the bombing solution via triangulation. If you locked a target via the DMT, it would automatically compute the range via the ARBS. The Harrier used to have that, but this disappeared for some reason.

Here's an example of that from an older RedKite video:

EDIT: My bad, this should be moved to the Problems and Bugs section.

It also seems any sort of target altitude entry and wind speed entry doesn't exist. Both fairly critical factors for putting bombs on target.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm gonna revise my previous comment with my new understanding from the NATO ops manual.

IF you are using ARBS, i.e. locked target with DMT, it shouldn't show those R/B+CIP/AUTO since its using the ARBS "height" data and the symbology should just be AUTO or CCIP.

IF you are using a waypoint as your target (or coordinates entered with a target alt estimate) then you could use radar/gps/baro alt to solve the bombing triangle, though from what the manual suggested these were less accurate methods than using the ARBS.

Same thing for wind. It should be able to be input somehow if you aren't using ARBS, but if you are using ARBS/DMT then it "calculates" wind based on how your aircraft is drifting in relation to target. Plus it also does the same thing for target motion, and just adds it to the "wind" calc.

But I agree that those modes should be included for completeness or in the case of DMT failure.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And oddly bAuto is showing when using the DMT/ABRS...