[Urgent]Damage model

Skyracer

People are already blaming devs for no response, but no one has posted any track files for them to test. It helps if the devs have something to work with before being blamed for lack of support. Everyone needs to do their part to help resolve bugs.

The MiG isnt in early access or Beta anymore. This issue has been on going since last year. Frankly, I'm tired of the devs (all) disregarding bug reports that are easily replicable. THEY need to spend more time listening to customers instead of blowing them off, or the appearance of such. And the argument of dont use Beta... blah blah doesnt even apply since this was pushed to Stable as well.

If M3 is only doing this as a side job (as its appearing with many 3rd party devs), they need to be honest and not expect full price for part time work. Sorry, but this has gone on far too long. This project was a Kickstarter back in 2014. 5 years now and its still limping along.

Besides the Fishbed driver, this affects M/P servers who use the MiG-21. How is it fair for the non -21 players to shoot at them, only to have it fly off unaffected? It kills the number of players on both sides. BLUE wont play if its unbeatable. And if its placed as AI only, (currently the only way to get them to die) RED Fishbed drivers wont join.

Someone needs to stand up for the customer, as we're being left to fend for ourselves.

The MiG isnt in early access or Beta anymore. This issue has been on going since last year.

Awww, yeah?

Second post of this very thread :

Since the last update the DM of the mig 21 is bugged. 5 direct hits of sidewinders flyes on with zero wings, like nothing happen. Strange beacuse the same bugged happend like one year ago. Even thou its worse now then last year.

So, what it is? Since last update? Since last year? Are you talking about the same thing? A corrected bug that has reappeared after correction?

Frankly, I'm tired of the devs (all) disregarding bug reports that are easily replicable. THEY need to spend more time listening to customers instead of blowing them off, or the appearance of such. And the argument of dont use Beta... blah blah doesnt even apply since this was pushed to Stable as well.

You don't seem to know what can happen under ED engine. ED can make changes to the engine (and they do it all the time) that will break working things in a module years after it has been released. It thus requires constant monitoring from the team making the module to fix it afterwards. For months and years, when the module is wayyy past the period where it generates revenue.

If M3 is only doing this as a side job (as its appearing with many 3rd party devs), they need to be honest and not expect full price for part time work. Sorry, but this has gone on far too long. This project was a Kickstarter back in 2014. 5 years now and its still limping along.

Yup, add

"M3 is only doing this as a side job"

+

"ED can make changes to the engine (and they do it all the time) that will break working things in a module years after it has been released"

==

"5 years now and its still limping along"

Blaming it only on the first part of the equation .... well, that's your call... They are 2 to tango, and franckly, ED sets the tone. Without the constant changes, that bug wouldn't have reappeared, as well as many things that have been corrected on the Mig21, and thus the module would be in a shape worth the current price. So, all the fault on "team that do it on side job"?

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

This is getting embarrassing. Not a single word from the developers, what causing the bug to occur. At least they can tell us if it is on developers side or not.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

DCS fanboi - Only missing Hawk & Viggen

Your sig block shows your passion. I'm not going to argue with you as I'm also a fan of the sim. I want it to succeed. And I do understand code changes. I'm sure ED's changes to DCS World are part of the issue. However, the dev still has the responsibility to keep up with the changes and bug reports. This simply isnt being acknowledged and that is what people are asking for. An acknowledgment of and a correction to the problem. Silence is not the solution. Part time or not.

I'm sorry guys that it looks like so, but we're still looking into it. We've recently fixed collision lines' naming convention as a part of that investigation, which doesnt seem to have done much to this specific thing. We've also noticed that we may not be the only ones affected by the issue judging from some hoggit posts and videos like this (

), which may indicate that this is a broader problem.

In any case, this is an issue that is still WIP. Once I will have something new to write about, I will update you without hesiation.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Its interesting, i think its more of a general dcs thing, but regarding spine shots, i find it curious that you never see a plane with a "broken back", so to speak, like you sometimes see in that other WWII sim wich shall remain unnamed, it seem like you may hit a plane square in the middle, sometimes with multiple hits, it may lose wings and tail surfaces, but the fuselage always remains in one piece. Hope when the new damage model comes out we get something a little more dynamic .

More and more players are confirming this on the Cold War server.

Godspeed, Magnitude 3!

Which is sad because that makes your awesome cold war server unplayable. And its not even your fault. So sad that Magnitude can't lift thier lazy butt and fix this.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

When was it that we ignored it. I said already we are on it, we tried changing collision lines naming convention but it didnt work so we keep looking for a solution.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Well, they seem to be completely ignoring more polite requests. No wonder things are getting hot

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3814763&postcount=33

That answer was written on the 27th. These kinds of issues aren't just fixed overnight by waving a magic wand.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3814763&postcount=33

That answer was written on the 27th. These kinds of issues aren't just fixed overnight by waving a magic wand.

So, my degree from Hogwarts is useless? :(

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Glad to see this is being looked into, shame to see this issue re-appear time and time again.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

• 7 months later...

I'm not entirely sure what seems to be the problem there, since we have released a fix to the indicated in this thread bug on March 27th: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860191&postcount=52

So thats the word I have. If there is any new issue, please report it. I'm dueling in 21 on daily basis and don't seem to have any trouble. Or more like others dont seem to have a trouble terminating my Fishbed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Seconded, was flying with BigNose and the MiG21 took a Sidewinder P5 and many F5 20mm hits. An Aim9m managed to seal the deal.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄