Virpil Throttle , issue

Lenux

The Virpil Throttle button 4 doesen't respond at all, and sometimes, the other ones, on the same hat, doesent respond also

I attached a printscreen.

Could you please help me ? I hope I don't have to send it back for service

Thank you

364588890_virpilthrottle.jpg.dcc5b716a2f0736b3f45fd2e1e93d974.jpg

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I used to have kind of similar issue with one HAT on my Mongoose T50. The problem is quite trivial and easy to fix. You need only a screwdriver and some sandpaper.

The root cause is the fact that the shaft for that HAT is more thicker then it should be and is not moving properly. In the same time it is possible that one or other button from that HAT to be permanently pressed.

Find a way to dismount the lever and have access to the HAT. Normally the HAT itself is held by a screw on the back side, which needs to be removed to completely release from there. Then use the sand paper and gently rotate the shaft to smooth and reduce its diameter. Work in small steps and try how it fits back regularly.

Hoping that this could be the only problem, I wish you good luck and don't forget to update the post when this issue is solved.... no matter how ;)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Thanks , Aburro, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to open it, because of the warranty

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

You can contact them as I did myself as well just before opening. There was not a problem doing this, more than that they guide me about how to properly get the access inside. You can tell them my story... they might remember something ;).

The alternatives were to send back the device for warranty, to send me a new HAT button, or to try to check by myself. I solved it in like 15 minutes.

Edited by Abburo

• 2 months later...

As I got the throttle unit recently, I went into a similar kind of issue on my side with one 4 way hat. It was lacking the feedback of click on several positions. I found out that solving this is very simple.

The root cause is that there is not enough room for button rod to move completely free. The button can be easily extracted from the hat rod ... then using a bit of sand paper i just round a bit the edges. Just so simple.

• 6 months later...

The HATS of this throttle can be removed extremely simply by just pulling them out. No need to dismount anything. See the attached picture.

After you removed the HAT make sure you all positions of the button work properly. If everything works properly you can sand a bit the shaft to make more room for movement. If you still encounter issue with function while the HAT is out then might be possible to have a malfunction button and need to send it back in warranty.

virpil.thumb.jpg.80d61a2109b9298cc657324512881dde.jpg

• 5 months later...

I can't fix it, unfortunately

No idea what else I could do. If some electrical parts would be broken, I guess, all the buttons on the same HAT wouldn't work anymore

Should I maybe send it to an electronic firma, here in Germany ?

I wish I could fix this issue

Thanks for the advices, Virpil

If I'll send to you for repairing, how much would it cost?

If I'll send to you for repairing, how much would it cost?

They don't really monitor this forum very much, clearly. Make a ticket with them on their site.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

The warranty is gone, I'm not sure if they can help

I'll never buy again from Virpil