AWG-9 modes EL and AZ

AvroLanc

Just found a good graphic of some of the AWG-9 Pulse Doppler modes and scan limits in a book of mine.

What's interesting I think is the launch zone symbol in the bottom left. Hopefully this will be implemented as is, on the TID.

Getting more pumped up for this day by day.

AWG-9.thumb.jpg.aceecee0138cdeccebecc10204cc0bee.jpg

Just found a good graphic of some of the AWG-9 Pulse Doppler modes and scan limits in a book of mine.

What's interesting I think is the launch zone symbol in the bottom left. Hopefully this will be implemented as is, on the TID.

Getting more pumped up for this day by day.

Nice post AvroLanc.

It's not shown in you're image, but there's also a ±10°/8 bar, TWS scan pattern.

As far as we know the TWS is either 2 bars +/- 40 degrees or 4 bars +/- 20 degrees.

The DDD in the pulse doppler mode is rate along the y axis, so speed relative own aircraft.

The arc shown is the ground returns at zero groundspeed (ground clutter), called the MLC or main lobe clutter.

And yes, the supersearch is +/-10 degrees in one bar and is used for manual target acquisition for transfer to STT.

As far as we know the TWS is either 2 bars +/- 40 degrees or 4 bars +/- 20 degrees.

The DDD in the pulse doppler mode is rate along the y axis, so speed relative own aircraft.

The arc shown is the ground returns at zero groundspeed (ground clutter), called the MLC or main lobe clutter.

And yes, the supersearch is +/-10 degrees in one bar and is used for manual target acquisition for transfer to STT.

The workbook I have states that the ±10°/8 bar scan pattern, is available in TWS-M only.

That's probably a later developement then, it's not in our documentation.

The vast majority of my workbook is dated 1980, with earliest date being 21st January 1980 and the latest being 28th July 1980. The TWS section in question, is dated 10th March 1980, if that helps for comparison.

Any word of the launch zone symbol Naquaii?

Can we expect to see this on the TID?

Edit:

Ahh, just seen the following image. Looks like the symbols are there on the Velocity Vectors of the TWS targets (centre TID image)?

TID_Compilation.thumb.jpg.bbd9ab68ff9f084a61dd468720125a66.jpg

Edited by AvroLanc

Excellent, although I’m a little unsure on how to interpret them. I’m sure all will become clear.

When the launch zone symbology is activated the track vector (line from the symbol center dot) changes from representing the track speed to representing a timeline of 180 seconds.

That line then represents the time until minimum launch range which is the dot in the center that the line eminates from.

Along the line you then also have the maximum range dot and the optimum range box.

As the vector shortens (as the time until rmin shortens) the end of the vector line then reaches the rmax dot and then the optimum range box and that represents when you're at those points.

A bit of a mindtwist but not too bad when you're used to it! :-)

When the launch zone symbology is activated the track vector (line from the symbol center dot) changes from representing the track speed to representing a timeline of 180 seconds.

That line then represents the time until minimum launch range which is the dot in the center that the line eminates from.

Along the line you then also have the maximum range dot and the optimum range box.

As the vector shortens (as the time until rmin shortens) the end of the vector line then reaches the rmax dot and then the optimum range box and that represents when you're at those points.

A bit of a mindtwist but not too bad when you're used to it! :-)

Thankyou, that sounds easy enough. Can’t wait to try it out. Maybe you should make a little video and post it here for us, hehe.

• 3 years later...
On 2019/1/30 at PM9点29分, AvroLanc said:

刚刚在我的书中找到了一些 AWG-9 脉冲多普勒模式和扫描限制的好图表。

我认为有趣的是左下角的发射区符号。希望这将在 TID 上按原样实施。

一天比一天更充实。

AWG-9.thumb.jpg.aceecee0138cdeccebecc10204cc0bee.jpg

Any book name? PLZ

6 hours ago, 18174019964 said:

Any book name? PLZ

By Salamander Books, Author Mike Spick

Nothing really that revolutionary, but a nice collection of books from the 80's. Don't make 'em like this anymore.

f14.jpg

Edited by AvroLanc