Trailer and campaign description

Hey guys,

I am happy to present The Enemy Within 3.0 - completely new incarnation of the old and (I hope) well - known and liked campaign for A-10C. This version is how I always wanted it to be, but only now I had enough knowledge and contacts (kudos to all the voice actors!) to make it happen.

It is a paid DLC, as the changelog is too long to post here. It is not a simple refurbish, it is a complete reconstruction. I loved the original storyline but felt that it could be told in a much more entertaining and engaging way. So what I did, I have rewritten from scratch 20 out of 21 scripts, rebuilt from zero most of the missions (which means that even if they have the same name, they will most likely be taking place in a different location, with different enemies, situations, surprises and dialogues). I have replaced three missions I liked least with completely new ones.

And reduced the price of the campaign, feeling that it still is The Enemy Within, so it would only be fair.

Below some useful links for those who want to know more:

OFFICIAL TRAILER

FREE VERSION OF THE FIRST MISSION: if you want to compare the old with the new or just get the feeling of what to expect, feel free to download it.

VIDEOS RECORDED DURING THE MISSIONS can be found on my

And for those having trouble with setting up the radios, a short tutorial:

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Can't wait to hop in the pit...

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Just bought last month and now on mission 6. I’ve never played any other campaign so I have nothing to compare it to, but I’m loving it.

So should I stop right now and restart with 3.0, or keep going? I’ve seen previews for Piercing Fury and immediately noticed it has way more voice acting and dialogue and I really like that for the immersion aspect. Will probably be my next campaign. If 3.0 has that, I’ll buy before continuing to Mission 6. I’m not too invested at this point since it’s still early. If you want my $8 now, just tell me :). Otherwise I’ll continue enjoying what I already enjoy. Just looking for an honest opinion.

Thanks for contributing to this amazing experience. Words aren’t enough.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hey! I think 6 missions of the original are enough to feel the difference. TEW 3.0 is what I always wanted Enemy Within to be - and it has over 4x more VOs, much much more background storyline and more consistent characters than the original. What I’d advise you to do - download the free M1 of the new version from the link above and check for yourself how it compares to the original and then decide.

As for the Piercing Fury you can’t go wrong with that, it is an excellent campaign!

Thanks for the reply. I think I’m spending more than $8 worth of my time just asking questions, so I’ll be sure to buy 3.0 later when I’m back at home, whether I ever play it or not.

But in the meantime, a few more questions :)

-Have you tested it in VR?

-Any known bugs?

-Are there different kneeboard items in each mission?

-Sometimes my kids watch me play. Any bad language in the voiceovers, or would it be kid friendly? I have no problems kicking them out of the room (like when Game of Thrones is in season), just wanted to know beforehand.

-Will my wife miss me?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

-Have you tested it in VR?

-Any known bugs?

-Are there different kneeboard items in each mission?

-Sometimes my kids watch me play. Any bad language in the voiceovers, or would it be kid friendly? I have no problems kicking them out of the room (like when Game of Thrones is in season), just wanted to know beforehand.

-Will my wife miss me?

I'm pretty sure at least one, probably several of the testers used VR and that the campaign is VR compatible.

I took a break from testing in the final phase, but I don't think there were any major bugs left before it was pushed for release, and even the small stuff should come as polished as it'll ever get before another DCS update requires a fresh layer of paint. ;)

As far as I'm aware, the language is mostly child-friendly. It's certainly no Tarantino-script. :)

Flying combat sorties is never easy on the families. Consider it a TDY and tell her you'll be back before the end of the month, that's easily doable when flying one mission a day. She'll understand. :D

Yurgon -> :megalol:

All missions were tested in VR, one of the beta testers flew exclusively like that, so yeah.

We've squashed lots of usual bugs before the release, so I hope it is bug free.

There are separate kneeboard pages for each mission + PDF files too.

I think there is swearing once or twice, but I am not even sure...

As for your wife - Yurgon answered it pretty well :thumbup:

Totally just purchased it as promised. Just tried installing it and got the message as shown in the attachment.

Also got the following error log that opened up...

00000.016 --- Log file: C:\DCS World\autoupdate_log.txt

00000.000 === Log opened UTC 2019-02-01 03:50:36

00000.010 INFO : DCS_Updater/2.9.6.79 (Windows NT 10.0.17134; Win64; en-US)

00000.010 INFO : cmdline: "C:\DCS World\bin\dcs_updater.exe" --apply install BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_3_campaign

00000.012 STATUS: Initializing...

00000.015 INFO : basedir: C:\DCS World

00000.016 INFO : DCS/2.5.4.26552 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,A-10C,A10C-TTQ_campaign,A10C-AAT_campaign,A10C-BFT_campaign,BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_campaign)

00000.016 INFO : branch:

00000.016 STATUS: Connecting to update servers...

00001.225 INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

00001.686 INFO : Got reply from srv11update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

00001.689 STATUS: Verifying cached version info...

00002.080 STATUS: Preparing to install BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_3_campaign ...

00002.433 ERROR: Unknown module BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_3_campaign

00061.973 === Log closed.

Any ideas? My account page shows that it is purchased, and when I launched the software, it automatically recognized the new campaign was purchased and prompted me to download it. I clicked ok, then got the error as mentioned above.

167906626_unknownmodule.JPG.74d2c5e55f4ca2a902ed41faaab39f48.JPG

Hmm, ok. I'm a little illiterate when it comes to that. Is open.beta something else I need to download?

From DCS's main menu, I had clicked on Module Manager, then at the top I clicked on the Available DLC tab. TEW 3.0 was at the top of the list. I clicked on "buy" and followed through the store on the website to purchase and install it.

How long do you suppose until the next update comes along? I can continue with the prior version for the time being. I probably won't be back in the pit for a few days anyway.

Thanks again.

Open Beta is a branch of the DCS to which all new modules and campaigns are released at first before they go to stable. It is a completely separate install of the DCS, so takes quite some space on your drive.

Normally they alternate updates between Open Beta and Stable, so hopefully this will be out on Wednesday on stable version.

It's also possible to switch any DCS installation between Stable (aka Release) and OpenBeta using the DCS updater. Works very well.

The DOS box way:

GUIDE: Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules

The commands should be:

Switching to the OpenBeta:

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Switching back to release:

DCS_updater.exe update @release

The GUI way:

The DCS Updater GUI Utility

Without creating a whole new thread for it... is there any word on a Steam release? This is a great excuse to get back into the Hog! (Hoping the new textures won't be too long!)

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Purchased!

I just did mission 1 and I can tell already that this will be quite different from my first go round. :thumbup:

I need to hurry up and remember the CDU and weapons systems. I was just getting the hang of it when the F-18C came out and distracted me.

Anyway, happy to support all your efforts

Thanks

Pizmo