v2.5.4.26552(openbeta) Low Orbit Maverick Cannon - old version

Poncho_grande

4Cm9Jeu.jpg

1. Write a short explanation.
    - The DESG (Steer to Point Designation) feature of the EHSD can be used with AGM-65G's to produce a "Low Orbit Maverick Cannon" bug, where the uncaged maverick targeting symbolism is overlayed on the map, as seen in the picture. This results in the Mavericks being inoperable (There is a workaround). This was my attempt to reproduce the bug after encountering it in MP last night.
  2. Save a track file, if possible.
    - Dropbox link to track file
  3. State what were your actions at the time the bug appeared (i.e. "I was firing rockets.").
    1) Start from parking hot. Edit WP1 with target coordinates. Rearm, take off.
    2) About 30 miles from the target I switch to the EHSD and hit DESG for WP1.
    3) I fire all four missiles and land.
    4) I use the shutdown / startup cheat. Originally I did this to repair the aircraft.
    5) I rearm and take off.
    6) On the stores page I notice that the mavericks are immediately ready to use (RDY TONE).
    7) When I uncage the maverick, I get this Low Orbit Maverick Cannon view.
  4. The Workaround.
    - The only way (afaik) to get your mavericks to work again, is to hit the DESG button on the EHSD, which results in the mavs reverting to STBY TONE and begin the cooling down process.

Notes:

- I tried it with manually shutting down and starting up with no difference.

- I originally suspected that the problem could be solved by hitting the AG Target Undesignate / NWS / FOV Toggle key after finishing your attack run / before landing and shutting down. This is however not the case.

- Shutting down the aircraft and then starting it up again is not the only way to get this bug to appear. I've had it happen before during a regular mission in SP where I also used the Steer to Point Designation feature.