Cannot lock Mavs

sll

Been trying all the maverick tutorials. I cannot lock on the tanks on the runway at all. I pressing the TDC and the diamond keeps jumping around but will not lock on a tank. This is both in INS mode and autonomous mode. The missiles are armed but will not lock no matter what. I have not tried DMT mode yet as its to frustrating.

I have followed the training step by step 20 times now and cant get it to lock. The missile is ready.

What am I doing wrong?

Could you please post a track? It tend to be the easiest way to tell what are you doing and help identify if you are missing a step.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Not sure what you mean by a track? Do you mean the step by step actions I take.

E.G

Using the INS mode

Stores,IMRV highlighted, wait till ready, push P something butting to slave the seeker head

Sensor switch FWD, INS OR IRMV are highlighted , point at target on runway starting from about 15nm , push tdc down switch , diamond appears. Keep pushing the tdc to try lock . In the other mode I move the square target box onto the tank. I then arm the missile, and it will not lock right up to the target. This is in the training modes ..

E.G

Using the INS mode

Stores,IMRV highlighted, wait till ready, push P something butting to slave the seeker head

Sensor switch FWD, INS OR IRMV are highlighted , point at target on runway starting from about 15nm , push tdc down switch , diamond appears. Keep pushing the tdc to try lock . In the other mode I move the square target box onto the tank. I then arm the missile, and it will not lock right up to the target. This is in the training modes ..

Make sure you are in IRMV mode. That is the mode that tells the tdc switch you want to lock the mav. Then dont hold down the tdc down switch, just click it. Generally I click it every few seconds till lock but not sure if that is required or I am just impatient.

Generally I use the pod if carrying or the dmt to look for targets first. Then uncage mav to that then switch to irmv mode then lock

How to post a track

Fly the mission showing the problems, when you done, exit the mission. After you exit, you are given the option to save the track.

[ATTACH]203587[/ATTACH]

Save it and uploaded here.

To upload here, use the paper clip symbol (above where you write the message) or the manage attachment button below.

Without a track it tend to become a 20 question game.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

E.G

Using the INS mode

15 miles is easy too far. Like 2x as far as you'll get a lock. It sounds like you need to look at the tutorials a little better because what you're saying doesn't actually make too much sense with how you should be operating them.

But if you're pushing TDC depress and getting a diamond, you're in INS mode, which is wrong. You can do that too pick where you want the jet to look. But you need to press sensor select switch forward to box IRMAV in the HUD and have control of the Maverick.

Take a closer look at the tutorials. You're not doing something right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by Shadow_1stVFW

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Check out Chucks guide section of the IRmavs.

What I do:

Set the Right DDI to DMT mode. Left DDI on stores page (usually already there since you have to cool the mavs).

0. Make sure the mavs show RDY, and you have the fuze set right

1. Use the DMT mode to lock/find the target, put the flighpath marker on/near tgt, hit the TDC action (lock) button.

2. Should see a target caret on the hud and a picture on the TV, use sensor select switch to switch to TV mode, slew TDC onto target.

3. Hit the MAV uncage button, the Left DDI should switch to IR mav mode. Use Sensor select switch to select IRMV mode, and then hit the TDC action button and it should lock and you can fire.

A few pointers, In my experience this method works fine, but mavs only lock 5-6 miles out. If something isn't working, check your workflow and make sure you are in the right sensor mode (shown on the DDI). At times I'll still be in TV mode and hit the TDC action to "lock" the mavs, and loose picture since it then re-locks the DMT to wherever my flightpath marker is and I gotta start again.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Welcome to the Harrier. Things dont always work. Which training and what other methods?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It wont let me record a training mission, If I create a mission do you think I could record it. The trainer keeps saying push the DMC button? I don't know what that button is, I can keep pushing the TDC action button to no avail , or a move the box around the tank trying to get a lock right up to 3 nm to no avail?

I can get the MAV to work in autonomous mode, its just hard to find the actual airfield targets. You need to be fairly close and have the narrow FOV for it work well. Its alot easier during the day. Its much easier using the DMT to find the target, then using the MAV.

Overall the IR functionality in DCS is a joke to begin with (sorry not sorry ED) and should be fixed. Water as a glaring example should almost always be cold, not hot in IR. Trees, it kinda depends on the diurnal cycle, and vehicles if they are running should stand out like sore thumb. Overall the thermal systems functionality on the harrier sucks but its only because of ED's poor modeling of it.

As an Aside, why the hell do we have the INS mission as an option IF it doesn't work yet?

Also BD. Are you planning on doing mission with using TOO (which does seem to work) and the waypoint offset functions?

It might also be useful to have "tactics" and employment missions.

Edited by Harlikwin

• 1 month later...