What is your predilection aircraft...? The only one.

Frag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mi-8 all day long.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Sorry . Forever taken by A-4. A-4 was in service for 50 years. Su-25 will probably also push that. Gen 4.5 aircraft are expected to serve 30-40. Gen 5 is for 50. In a century , aircraft airframes will be last centuries, only weapons and avionics , and procedures will change. Kind of like Star Wars, where space-craft and air vehicles are centuries and millenia old. Life converging with fiction.

I don't fly it in MP yet, but once as she gets closer to being feature complete I see myself spending a lot of time in the Bug, and will likely spend a lot of time in the F-16CJ when we get it.

The bug just has all the delivery methods you can want, The viper will carry less, but also will have all the delivery methods you can want.

But this question is impossible, the Tomcat and the JF-17 are going to get some love from this virtual flyboy too.

But once we get the data link in the Hornet it's probably where I'm going to be spending most of my time when I have the vr headset on, at least until we get the F-16CJ

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Not the Tiger, its a cool aircraft but there is just no sound feedback coming from the engines. Sounds like a glider if you have the box hear like in helmet checked. Sorry to say, really nice plane otherwise.

F18 is a beast but pretty boring to fly too, I'd say the Harrier is the most fun fixed wing as of now.

Almost embarrassed to admit this but the A-10A as it was my first love in the original Lock On days and even now I still enjoy having a quick flight in this FC3 aircraft despite the lower level of fidelity, no clickable cockpit, and no smart weapons apart from the AGM-65's.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Gazelle. It's superb for reconnaissance and has good combat capabilities... actually the module is 4 different aircraft :lol:

Very agile so it can be a blast to fly... even if the FM is not 100% spot on, it's still great fun... and will get an update soonish.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Hi guys,

Many of us bought many aircraft, but you probably noticed that you are commonly coming back to that one aircraft, which is the one you know best.

Let's say tomorrow you ED would have to force you to select one aircraft (in the existing ones) and that this aircraft would be the only one you would be allowed to fly for the next few years to come.

Which one would it be?

I'll start ... the F-5 tiger. That was a hard decision, but you are only allowed ONE. Don't write a second choice ;)

F/A-18 for me, back in 2010 or so, i discovered DCS by mistake while buying a totaly different category game online, i was flying in FSX back then, using the default Hornet or VRS SuperBug, back then there was only the A-10C and the KA-50 which started to fly on the same servers.

Since then, i was dreaming a Hornet comes in DCS when i'Ve seen the graphics, fidelity of the cockpits and it's system in the A-10C..,when new modules started to rain in DCS and DCS World came up, that dream came stronger and stronger, the day they announced the works on the Hornet module, you can't imagine how i felt, so now, i'm mostly flying the Hornet, but, the AV8B is not far behind. :)

Simple, F/A-18 Hornet. It can do everything.

Except, take off and land vertically.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I can't say for real world. But in DCS, between F/A-18C, SU-33, and A-4E-C, and AV-8B. In my view conventional, visual , carrier recovery , of first three is much easier then vertical landing on Tarawa with AV-8B/NA. Ironically with CATOBAR and VSTOL recovery on ship, the faster the vessel is sailing (into the wind) the easier it is to land. To me the slower the LHA is sailing, or sitting dead in the water, the harder it is, for me, to land Harrier safely. Same goes for CATOBAR with F/A-18, SU-33D, and A-4-C. Trapping on carrier moving 0-3 knots is much harder then trapping on ship booking at 15-20 knots. THe extra wind over deck and under wings makes aircraft more responsive small control inputs. Thankfully, an empty HarrierII, with 15% fuel remaining, and no stores, does not need H20 injection to land vertically (withrespect to the deck). If the deck has 20 knots of wind over it, landing is a breeze. Baadaa-bing-tzboom! Landing AV-8B on large deck carrier with 15-20 knots wind over deck, in DCS, is relatively easy. Just fly normal approach, an put her down in landing area on top of three wire with 5 knot relative (to the deck) air speed.

I don't see why US Navy refuses to deploy Harrier squadrons on CVNs. LHA with welldeck can only carry 6 Harriers (or F-35B). America class variant without welldeck, can embark a squadron's worth of AV-8B+ or F-35B. Not exactly an CVN embarked Air Wing.

F-14, S-3, SeaKIng, are no longer in the FLeet. It is just F/A-18E/F/G, C-2 COD, and E-2D. There is more space available. Would it hurt Navy to add 1 squadron of Harriers or F-35B , to a carrier air wing?

F/A-18C for me.

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

i like to fly variety of aircraft, but if i was forced to choose one from currently existing modules

F/A18C

Like other said its versatile and it can do just about any mission profile whilst also possessing modern avionics suite. I like my glass pits and the A/C is user friendly enough that you never feel overloaded with work.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I don't fly it in MP yet, but once as she gets closer to being feature complete I see myself spending a lot of time in the Bug, and will likely spend a lot of time in the F-16CJ when we get it.

The bug just has all the delivery methods you can want, The viper will carry less, but also will have all the delivery methods you can want.

But this question is impossible, the Tomcat and the JF-17 are going to get some love from this virtual flyboy too.

But once we get the data link in the Hornet it's probably where I'm going to be spending most of my time when I have the vr headset on, at least until we get the F-16CJ

Viper doesnt carry less than the Bug. where the F18 is limited to 2 bombs per pylon via Br33 addon rack. the Viper can carry 3 500 pound bombs ( either unguided or Laser guided) with addon racks, and even has a configuration for x3 Mavericks'. per rack. for the inner and intermediate hard points however draggy that may be.

Wheras the Hornet will either have to sacrifice its fuselage external tank to carry Litening (USMC config) or sacrifice an Aim120 or Sparrow from cheek station when using Atflir ( USN config), the Viper caries TGP on separate hard point near the nose . Meaning that even in Ground strike config youl always have 4 A2A stores available as well as utilize belly external tank. Wingtips aren't limited to Sidewinders, the viper can carry AMRAAMs there too.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD