SATAL 2019

M0ltar

I made schedule in Google Calendar for both leagues.

Diamond

Gold

Simply add those links in your Google Calendar and you won't miss streams :smilewink:

Awesome stuff! I’m sure this will be quite useful for people. A word of caution though is that the schedule can change so please be on the watch in this thread just in case.

Aim-54 Phoenix Ruling

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen we have come to a conclusion on the Phoenix, or at least a partial one. The AIM-54, in any variant, as it stands is not really conducive to a competitive arena. With it being a much much longer range missile than the other weapons in the game, coupled with it being an active it is a formidable foe. However, we also recognize that without the Phoenix the Tomcat is a almost entirely gimped in the current weapons format for SATAL. Therefore, we will be limiting Tomcats to 2 AIM-54A mk47 Phoenix missiles for the time being which we beleive still allows the Tomcat to use its iconic weapon, but also limits the Phoenix's effect on SATAL to a more controlled manner. If there are changes that come out down the line that make the Phoenix as less lethal weapon there is always the possibility for change.

Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned.

Edited by M0ltar

The lofting of missiles in DCS is apparently not synced in multiplayer, which causes big problems with a missile that flies for such a long time as the Aim-54 does.

On the targets PC the missile will fly straight of the rail and thus through thicker air. On the F-14's PC the missile will do a loft and so it reaches the target with much higher speed and much earlier in time.

This will result in the following:

The target may not even get a warning of the missile when it goes active because on his PC it is slow and far away. The missile will explode far away from him (e.g. 15km in our testing) and kill him.

Not sure if such a bugged weapon should be used for a competitive match.

The lofting of missiles in DCS is apparently not synced in multiplayer, which causes big problems with a missile that flies for such a long time as the Aim-54 does.

On the targets PC the missile will fly straight of the rail and thus through thicker air. On the F-14's PC the missile will do a loft and so it reaches the target with much higher speed and much earlier in time.

This will result in the following:

The target may not even get a warning of the missile when it goes active because on his PC it is slow and far away. The missile will explode far away from him (e.g. 15km in our testing) and kill him.

Not sure if such a bugged weapon should be used for a competitive match.

Is it possible for you to make a video of this happening?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236301&page=5

I've been blown out of the sky in a hornet several times on the 104th multiplayer server from a Phoenix with zero warning and I was wondering how the heck that was happening.

The player firing the phoenix and the target see two different fight paths of the missile.

On servers where spectator and F6 view is enabled it becomes very obvious. Just watch a random phoenix flying towards a target. You will see that it does not even reach the target and already explodes, killing the target far away.

I think this has to do with the lofting, that is not seen for everyone else but the pilot that fired the missile.

So lofted AMRAAMS are propably also affected by this, but less obvious (they don't fly that far anyway that the lofting makes a very big difference). I have seen AMRAAMs exploding a good distance in front of my plane killing me on tacview, while on the SPO15 it was still a few bars away.

Edited by BlackPixxel

New mission versions available ('v1.08')

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ml9diRFP8ChSczwBBkoafCCZiXB4lTV_?usp=sharing

Note 1: Kerman have limited slots. Both Su-27 and MiG-29 numbers have been reduced. They can be added upon request.

Note 2: Kish have limited slots. Su-27 numbers have been reduced. They can be added upon request.

Note 3: Vody have limited slots. Several aircraft spawn on runway. They can be swapped to ramp upon request.

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Gold League - changed schedule

ANNOUNCEMENT for Gold league teams!

I regret to inform every Gold team that, due to a miss on my part which lead to two teams being excluded, we had to redo the season schedule. This means all your matches except the first weekend might have changed!

I'm very sorry for this late change but it was not fair to exclude two team who signed up properly on time.

New schedule will be posted to "The Merge" soon but I'll leave a screenshot here as well.

Note: Days with two matches: 1st match always 1400z, 2nd match always 1700z

dljTYaL.png

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Ladies and gentlemen the SATAL home stretch is upon us and the final countdown has begun. The 2019 season open is tomorrow, YES TOMORROW, at 1400z! Thrustmaster has kindly provided a brand new Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas to be given away. Therefor, if you have not already, please be sure to enter the giveaway here, http://bit.ly/2TFQanv. The giveaway will take place live on stream tomorrow and you must be present to win.

SATAL has grown by over 100% in just a single year. With 2 leagues Diamond is smaller than last year with only 10 teams in comparison to last years 12, but the new Gold League has exploded in popularity with 20 teams. This gives SATAL 30 teams in total with a combined 100 matches that will be streamed throughout the year from this weekend, April 6th, through November/December.

Thank you again to all of our sponsors; Eagle Dynamics, Heatblur, Wild Weasel, Foxx Mount, Tacview, and Buddy-Fox, and especially Thrustmaster for making this all possible! Without them this would be for nothing!

We have over $10k in prizes to be won and given away this year so make sure you don't miss out on any of the streams. You never know when a new set of Thrustmaster TPR pedals may be given away! See you all there for the fight in the skies. Get ready because its going to be an epic ride!

If you do not know what zulu time is please click here, http://zulutime.net/.

The Merge:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231388

Twitter:

ED Forums:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231388

Twitch Stream: