SATAL 2019

M0ltar

We have fight at 14:00 zulu, 11.05.19. Is it possible change time to 17:00 zulu? Its work day in Ukraine.

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

We have fight at 14:00 zulu, 11.05.19. Is it possible change time to 17:00 zulu? Its work day in Ukraine.

I think one of the guys from 51 will be getting back to you.

@ M0ltar...you mentioned on Saturday that not all matches would be streamed due to scheduling changes..will these matches be recorded and posted on the merge/YouTube ?

That depends on my time. Id like to. The Gold League matches will eventually be flown on Saturdays instead which you will see in my next post that I am about to put up.

Alright gents. We have a bit of a schedule change for Gold League and a bit of a streaming change for all matches.

Gold league matches are going to move to Saturday instead of Sunday starting the weekend of June 1st. Until then all matches are to be flown as usual they will just not be streamed. All match times will stay the same and all dates will be relatively the same, but instead of the Sunday of that week scheduled teams will fly on Saturday. Diamond League will be streamed at 1400z and Gold League will be streamed at 1700z regardless of who is flying. Therefore the 1400z Gold League match will not be live streamed and the 1700z Diamond League match will not be live streamed.

This change is due to a couple of things. We feel that we are oversaturating the viewership. We want people to be excited about SATAL and we feel that consolidating it to one day helps with this. Changing Gold League also helps Gold League teams with work the following day as some teams fly very late due to their time zone. And finally my personal availability to stream and organizational availability as back to back sometimes 7 hour days can takes its toll on myself, my family and organizers.

All Gold League match schedules will be updated very soon to reflect the new dates and times.

Also...

It has come to our attention that pilots are watching the stream while simultaneously participating in matches. This is NOT acceptable. Earlier in the year there was a large outcry for there to be a stream delay put on the stream and we agreed, putting a 1 min stream delay on the stream. However, it seems that that was not a hard enough stance to curb the possible stream sniping attempts. Therefore, going forward, if anyone on a team flying that is a pilot in the match is seen either chatting on stream or even logged into Twitch to watch the match on either the commentary or Tacview streams their team will immediately forfeit their current match and will receive scoring according to the SATAL rules for match forfeiture. Repeated infractions of this new rule can and will result in a removal from the SATAL competition and a ban from future events not just for the individuals in question, but for the entire squadron that they are part of as we feel pilot behavior is a reflection of the squadron as a whole.

This behavior is not in any way shape or form acceptable in the SATAL competition. We did not think that this would be a problem in the DCS community seeing as it has historically been a much more mature gaming and sim community, but we have seen repeated behavior from numerous individuals that counteracts that thought. This action, though very heavy handed, is needed in order to quail any fears of stream sniping. SATAL is a highly competitive event with thousands of dollars in prizing on the line. Because of that drastic measures are sometimes needed to make sure the competition is as fair as possible.

If you have any questions please send me a message on TS. If you do not have the 51st TS server it can be found below in my sig.

Edited by M0ltar

I would like to encourage squads-leads/representatives flying SATAL to join Moltars stream after the match for an interview. In that way the viewers will get a better understanding of what approach worked or not from pilots perceptive. The interviews are voluntary and are organized by <51>Teknetinium.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Ok, we will run the match on the late slot, 1700z Saturday 11th May. See you then.

Note to everyone: this change will be allowed because the late slot (17z) is free this Saturday as we only have 1 diamond match this week. We will NOT allow changing dates or times (other than the slots 14z and 17z). Especially when we have two matches the same day.

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Ok, we will run the match on the late slot, 1700z Saturday 11th May. See you then.

Thx mate! :thumbup:

Note to everyone: this change will be allowed because the late slot (17z) is free this Saturday as we only have 1 diamond match this week. We will NOT allow changing dates or times (other than the slots 14z and 17z). Especially when we have two matches the same day.

Thats why i asked. If will be 2 matches, i think we will play at 3-4 pilots :)

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

It has come to our attention that pilots are watching the stream while simultaneously participating in matches. This is NOT acceptable.

Agree.

...if anyone on a team flying that is a pilot in the match is seen either chatting on stream or even logged into Twitch to watch the match on either the commentary or Tacview streams their team will immediately forfeit their current match and will receive scoring according to the SATAL rules for match forfeiture. Repeated infractions of this new rule can and will result in a removal from the SATAL competition and a ban from future events not just for the individuals in question, but for the entire squadron that they are part of as we feel pilot behavior is a reflection of the squadron as a whole.

This behavior is not in any way shape or form acceptable in the SATAL competition. We did not think that this would be a problem in the DCS community seeing as it has historically been a much more mature gaming and sim community, but we have seen repeated behavior from numerous individuals that counteracts that thought. This action, though very heavy handed, is needed in order to quail any fears of stream sniping. SATAL is a highly competitive event with thousands of dollars in prizing on the line. Because of that drastic measures are sometimes needed to make sure the competition is as fair as possible...

Also agree and support but only if pilot is logged on stream and commenting during the match and on live stream - in real time (match is not finished). ...

Guys, keep in mind that comments can be added after... when match is finished, stream is not live. That's Twitch option - post comment when watching video that is not live and then comments will be posted and looks as they are added on live stream.

So browsing later and check for pilot chat messages after stream go offline is not valid and take some punishments on that way is not fair because it can happens that ppl watching streamed video and commenting (even i don't understand why comment in chat if is not live).

Again, i support rule but there must be stated somewhere "ON LIVE STREAM". (is easy to have someone from stuff to keep eye on chat and check logged users).

S!

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

It has come to our attention that pilots are watching the stream while simultaneously participating in matches. This is NOT acceptable. Earlier in the year there was a large outcry for there to be a stream delay put on the stream and we agreed, putting a 1 min stream delay on the stream. However, it seems that that was not a hard enough stance to curb the possible stream sniping attempts. Therefore, going forward, if anyone on a team flying that is a pilot in the match is seen either chatting on stream or even logged into Twitch to watch the match on either the commentary or Tacview streams their team will immediately forfeit their current match and will receive scoring according to the SATAL rules for match forfeiture. Repeated infractions of this new rule can and will result in a removal from the SATAL competition and a ban from future events not just for the individuals in question, but for the entire squadron that they are part of as we feel pilot behavior is a reflection of the squadron as a whole.

This behavior is not in any way shape or form acceptable in the SATAL competition. We did not think that this would be a problem in the DCS community seeing as it has historically been a much more mature gaming and sim community, but we have seen repeated behavior from numerous individuals that counteracts that thought. This action, though very heavy handed, is needed in order to quail any fears of stream sniping. SATAL is a highly competitive event with thousands of dollars in prizing on the line. Because of that drastic measures are sometimes needed to make sure the competition is as fair as possible.

If you have any questions please send me a message on TS. If you do not have the 51st TS server it can be found below in my sig.

This !!, watching the match on twitch, I noticed a strange behavior at times, as if some pilots were directed in some way, but I preferred to remain silent, it is good that you have touched the subject.

Edited by JunMcKill

Give us tacview pls UVAF vs RVE.Tnx

Z77A-GD65 / Intel 3570k 4,2GHz / MS Win7x64 Ult.SP1 / DDR3 2133MHz 16Gb RAM / Freetrack 2.2 / R9 290 4Gb / 128Gb SSD CorsairGS /180Gb SSD Intel 520/ TrustHotasX

=UVAF=GregOzby[430] = 2sq.2wing = RoyalTigers =

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thousands of dollars in prizes is a lot of motivation to cheat. What's to prevent these same pilots from merely not logging onto twitch (or creating multiple accounts) and continuing to cheat?

You can watch the stream without being logged in all the same. How about making rules that can actually be enforced? Like 5 minutes delay at least..

This. It’s not hard to add a small delay and is just such an obvious thing to do.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Because of interviews some squad-members flying in a SATAL match might think they can join the match-stream to chat and respond to congratulations during the match. This is not the case and pilots that are flying or did fly a SATAL match are prohibited to join the match-stream until the match is over.

NOTE:

- Joining a match-stream you fly in is prohibited

- You can only join match-streams you are not flying in

- If you will or did fly the match, you need to wait until the match is over in order to join match-stream,

- Joining match-stream you fly in is only allowed when match is over (at least one aircraft landed)

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Meanwhile anyone can easily streamsnipe any long term tactics / flanking maneuvers, just gotta remember to log out. Great.

Are you're going to write a script that continuously monitors stream viewers and if someone from the flying teams shows up they are automatically DQ'd?

Same deal with warehouses, weapons are restricted but if you accidentally take one and don't notice you also forfeit the match, while you can actually prevent taking specific loadouts. The amount I can understand because you can't restrict in game ( actually pretty sure you can with some extra scripting ), but having missiles that are flat out banned (X etc) but still available in the warehouse?

Why are we adding more and more random opportunities for people to be disqualified?

Everyone...

We understand your concerns, however we would appreciate it if everyone would try to not back seat the event and the stream. We are always working to make the event better. The stream rule was put in place to try to discourage people from chatting while flying. Not necessarily for stream sniping reasons, but because it comes across as hugely unprofessional to both other teams and viewers when people chat while still flying. It presents a look at me attitude and that is not something we want to be part of this event or any other events run by DCS World Events. This is the primary reason this rule was put in place. We recognize that people can log out of Twitch and watch, but that is what the stream delay is for.

As for the stream delay and peoples concerns about stream sniping, the current delay is around 1 minute and we feel it to be more than enough to mitigate issues. We have seen no issues or indications to people reacting in matches to what they see on stream. On top of that, people need to realize that either delaying the stream or streaming the match after the fact is not something that we want to do. Not only does it remove a large part of what makes Twitch fun, the interaction, but it also creates more work. Seeing that we are a very small team this is not something that can happen.

People, due to what I said above, will invariably say that we should just grow the team. Yes, that is a possibility, but I have seen repeatedly people say they will step up and help and then just turn around and disappear. People forget the outrageous amount of work it is to not only stream, but put on an event of this caliber and when they realize how much of a commitment it is to help out they tend to turn away again. I ask that you please be patient with progress and if you do have issues to please PM a member of the organizational team directly.

We have seen it time and time again that taking a direct approach on the forums or Discord leads to nothing more than brigading and a landslide of negativity that is very difficult to quell. A prime example of this was the old BF threads and the current BF Discord. Both turn to toxic environments and that is not something we want here. Again, if you have issues with anything pertaining to the stream or the event, please reach out to one of us directly either through PM here on the forums or on Discord. We welcome feedback, but we want it to be done in an organized and manageable fashion.

Lastly, please try refrain from trying to tell us how to run the event or the stream. It is perfectly acceptable to make suggestions, but saying things are not needed or things are dumb the way they are for example comes across as arrogant and disrespectful. The DCS World Events team does not get paid for these events and we use time that we would normally put towards flying to complete tasks that make events like SATAL possible. We put them on for the community to provide a competitive environment that DCS has never had. If you wish to talk about the future of SATAL, DCS World Events, want to join the team and help, or just have some constructive comments than please, by all means reach out to us, but lets try and leave the forums and Discord channel for updates pertaining to the events in question instead of turning them into witch hunts.

Edited by M0ltar