I need adult supervision..........

Capn Penguin

My birthday is a few days away and they plop down a sale. I decide I am only going to buy one thing.......

I am firmly resolute.....

I shall not waiver from my decision......

I.... will.... not.... bend......

I grabbed the Spitfire...... Normandy map and WWII Pack..... Huey.... Gazelle..... Argo Campaign......

I hang my head in shame as I repeatedly mumble. I will not buy the Viggen. I will not buy the Viggen.....

Anyone know of any good DCS 12 step programs?

Edited by Cap'n Penguin
incorrect spell

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yurgon, never let it be said I am not willing to take the advice of others. :) I now have 8 things I have no idea how to fly.

QmloRpV.jpg

P.s. My girlfriend hates you :)

Edited by Cap'n Penguin

Cap'n Penguin

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So there is a cure.....

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank You Yurgon...you've given me the strength I needed

Hi, my name is AvgWhiteGuy (aka R@ttler), and I'm also a DCS addict. I need help.

Can we start with my HOTAS-F/A-18 setup? Thank you.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

MWD2 That is fantastic! I love the path to the Hornet and then the NATO tech or stolen NATO tech. hehehehhe

Dehuman, you are correct. Last night she wanted to go clothes shopping, however she was sneaky. She asked if I would go help her pick out some new liveries.

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys are amateurs...

I’ve got every module except the C-101 and the Hornet (and the Hawk, which I’m really glad I never bought), all the maps (and assets) and about half the campaigns, and I’ve never even really flown DCS much!

THAT'S a sickness!

Had most of those for quite a while, since I first bought the A-10C when it was new. Kept thinking I’d learn to fly it and bought the rest whenever they were on sale, thinking I’ll get into DCS “soon.” I bought the pre-release of the Tomcat a few weeks ago.

At least I’m flying DCS now. Started with the FC3 aircraft about a year ago with a friend. He disappeared after a few months. Started with a different friend a month or so ago. I'm pretty comfortable in the FC3 aircraft now, and have now mapped and flown and am learning the systems of the Huey, F-86, M2000, Yak-52, CEII, and the L-39.

:-)

So, I’m turning from a collector into a user. Much happier with the whole situation now that 2.5 has merged everything. It’s a fantastic sim, and I have lots to do in it!!!

Edited by Griphos

Trust me Dehuman. If I can get her to the alter before she realizes how much better she could do, I'm locking this one up.

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To mwd2 : :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

To the OP: don't worry, the problem solves itself. Once you have all modules, the annual cost decreases and becomes slightly more predictable as well. :music_whistling:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

P.s. My girlfriend hates you :)

She sounds like a smart person. :D

Once you have all modules, the annual cost decreases and becomes slightly more predictable as well. :music_whistling:

You wish! After a while, you wonder if that old stick is really still the best. That nagging feeling you get when people talk about their new toys, and how much more precise they are. And the table mounts, aren't those practical! And a few more FPS... all it would take is a new CPU. Well, the Mobo and RAM, obviously. And maybe a slightly larger SSD. Ahhh hell, that GTX has served its purpose for so long, a new one would make a lot of sense! And then these shiny rudder pedals that people go crazy about, let alone VR... :music_whistling: :smartass:

You wish! After a while, you wonder if that old stick is really still the best. That nagging feeling you get when people talk about their new toys, and how much more precise they are. And the table mounts, aren't those practical! And a few more FPS... all it would take is a new CPU. Well, the Mobo and RAM, obviously. And maybe a slightly larger SSD. Ahhh hell, that GTX has served its purpose for so long, a new one would make a lot of sense! And then these shiny rudder pedals that people go crazy about, let alone VR... :music_whistling: :smartass:

Of course, but we were talking about modules, right? :music_whistling:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Unfortunately Zius I have to defend Yurgon because he is absolutely correct.

I was very happy with my TMaster 1600 FCS set for 8 days until I saw a Warthog in the store.

I was very happy with my Warthog until I started missing the pedals so I went back to the store.

I was very happy with my Warthog and my shiny new pedals until I saw VR so I went back back to the store.

I was very happy with my Warthog and my shiny new pedals and my VR until I saw exported working MFDs so I went back back back to the store.

::sigh:: I hang my head in shame

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the Warthog as well, but there are even nicer joysticks on the market... :music_whistling:

By the beard of Zeus I curse you Zius!!!

http://www.amazonprime..............

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Black shark 2 and F5-E. I feel like the guy P.T. Barnum described :).

Now I have to take a months vacation. :pilotfly:

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]