Air to air missiles

Rolds

Hi Aviodev!

Great plane. Just noticed that to fire AIM9 or Magic I needed to move the mode selector to position NC. Confused me because this is not included in the checklist in the manual and actually the manual says that NC has no function. There may be other modes that work that I haven't tried, but I couldn't figure out any other way to get the weapons off the rails.

Second thing is, the air to air missiles seem to have smaller detection cones and shorter detection ranges than when using the same weapons in the mirage or any of the US fighters for the AIM9's. Don't have anything to back this up other than my feeling after trying them a few times.

Really like the plane, thanks!

Rolds

The manual is WIP. It was made long time before the CC systems were implemented. NC is the correct mode to use with A/A missiles in our simulation. You have a quick guide for weapons use in this sticky thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228665

The C-101CC doesn't have a HUD and other sensors than the IR missile itself, so the capability of the missile is limited to basic mode.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

The C-101CC doesn't have a HUD and other sensors than the IR missile itself, so the capability of the missile is limited to basic mode.
Can you explain this a bit more when you have a chance? I don't really understand why the all-aspect functionality of the Aim-9M is reliant on the aircraft's systems. I thought it would be totally independent but of course I have no real idea. Thanks much.

In DCS, missile detection cone / lock is module dependant until it is launched.

It is just how DCS is coded and functions. There are probably ways around that with additional coding.

Like Aim-9P5 and Aim-9P on the Tiger II or Rb-24 and Rb-74 on the Viggen. It takes more coding to get mixed IR missiles to work correctly.

Good example is R-60M missile.

Rear-aspect on L-39ZA and all aspect on other aircrafts and modules such as Su-25 and MiG21bis.

Why? Because L-39 uses rear aspect R-3S. Same functionality is then inherited when R-60M's are used on the same module.

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does the C-101CC provide coolant for the missile's seeker anyway?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

In DCS, missile detection cone / lock is module dependant until it is launched.

It is just how DCS is coded and functions. There are probably ways around that with additional coding.

Like Aim-9P5 and Aim-9P on the Tiger II or Rb-24 and Rb-74 on the Viggen. It takes more coding to get mixed IR missiles to work correctly.

Good example is R-60M missile.

Rear-aspect on L-39ZA and all aspect on other aircrafts and modules such as Su-25 and MiG21bis.

Why? Because L-39 uses rear aspect R-3S. Same functionality is then inherited when R-60M's are used on the same module.

Seriously? This is how its coded in DCS... :cry:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...

I have to ask, are the C101's air to air missiles only rear aspect simply because of coding limitations?

Will this be addressed in a future update to the C101? It appears as if other modules have addressed this problem to some extent.

The F-5E, for instance, has one rear-aspect IR missile and one all aspect missile, and can mix and match their target acquisition. The Mig-21 has several rear-aspect only IR missiles and one all-aspect IR missiles.

Edited by Auditor

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Clepper said:

Is this ever going to be fixed? I love flying the cc on the GS server but with rear aspect aim9m it’s almost imposible to get a kill…

This is not true. AIM9M and Magics are FULL ASPECT. If you shoot the missile with the pipper zeroized, it will track perfectly on a front aspect. But, it won't give you tone. So, they're usable, but without the sound 

15 minutes ago, paco2002 said:

This is not true. AIM9M and Magics are FULL ASPECT. If you shoot the missile with the pipper zeroized, it will track perfectly on a front aspect. But, it won't give you tone. So, they're usable, but without the sound 

I think this is because once the missile leaves the rail, ED's algorithm for the Aim-9M takes over.  Ideally, we should get the lock before launch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1