Is TEW Campaign 3.0 the same as the one in Steam?

Ey guys. Is the Campaign available in Steam the 3.0 one? Has it been updated on steam? I don't have a credit card so Steam is my only option.

I just linked my checking account to my paypal account and buy it directly from them. I also don't have credit cards because credit cards are the devil! I have never had an issue buying stuff that way and it generates a random number so you can't get your card skimmed.

Hey! I just checked and it is good that you asked, it is still the old one, I will ask for it to be taken down. The 3.0 should be released on Steam pretty soon!

Does this mean if we already own the old version it will just be automatically updated to 3.0?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Max_ARG, a very easy way around it is to ask someone from the family or friends to add some funds to your PayPal using theirs or their card and give them the amount in cash. There is always a way... And I just received news that we will wait a few weeks for the Steam version, which will be around sometime in March.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey! I just checked and it is good that you asked, it is still the old one, I will ask for it to be taken down. The 3.0 should be released on Steam pretty soon!

So the new 3.0 campaign replaces the previous "Enemy Within"? The reason I ask is because I own both, but I never got around to flying the original :music_whistling:

I assume I should just fly 3.0, not the original. I.e. they have the same general storyline but 3.0 is superior.

Thanks.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

The storyline is much extended in the new one. There is no reason to fly the old old version other than for comparing the changes. But go for 3.0 hands down.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I'll assume from the lack of response that we do in fact have to pay for the new one even if we have the old one (and never touched it yet). I won't be buying it right now (until it's on sale maybe), but there will be a few I would bet that have bought the old one on Steam with the sale going on right now and are going to be MIGHTY cheesed that a new version shows up right after that they will be expected to pay for again.

I know there are a lot of glad-handers on these forums that will pay whatever, whenever without questioning it, but that's not the majority. I just checked and the old one is still on there (50% discount, but so what if you're never going to play it when a new version is out).

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

As mentioned in other thread - that was a mistake, the intention was to take the old one off sale the moment the new one came out. It should be done any moment now, I agree it wouldn’t be fair or look good. And as for new version being paid. I explained the reasons several times as much more work went into 3.0 than the original - but as a nod towards community it is available cheaper than any other campaign out there.

2 hours per mission... 18? missions... replay half of them at least once... That's 54 hours of gameplay. Even if the campaign was $20, that's still paying less than $1 per hour for entertainment which is unbelievable nowadays. Kudos and a big thank you to the guys who make this possible for us! As a family of 5, I can't even seem to even leave the house without returning $100 poorer. Life is expensive. DCS and all its DLC are a super bargain, which is why we want to keep throwing money at the developers even if we don't plan to use the content anytime soon. I'm sure they need people like us just like we need people like them.

On another note, any updates on when the new DCS stable update will come around to allow TEW 3.0?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

2 hours per mission... 18? missions... replay half of them at least once... That's 54 hours of gameplay. Even if the campaign was $20, that's still paying less than $1 per hour for entertainment which is unbelievable nowadays. Kudos and a big thank you to the guys who make this possible for us! As a family of 5, I can't even seem to even leave the house without returning $100 poorer. Life is expensive. DCS and all its DLC are a super bargain, which is why we want to keep throwing money at the developers even if we don't plan to use the content anytime soon. I'm sure they need people like us just like we need people like them.

On another note, any updates on when the new DCS stable update will come around to allow TEW 3.0?

If only DCS had a save at any point in times for the campaigns. I've failed mission 4 now so many times but each time I learn something and next time I try I get a little better. Mostly fail because the wingman doesn't do what I tell him when I can't get a 9 line from the jtac but that's known in DCS AI so no big deal. The campaign is great, it's well packed with a lot of entertainment and quality, that you don't mind playing 2 hr missions. My only complaint is a sore head from my Odyssey headset but no big deal. DCS is great because of people like Baltic I wish all modules had trainings and campaigns like this. $8 is a bargain I would have paid full price again but only because I know it's quality from his previous works.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Actually.. 21 missions :) and it was released on stable yesterday.

Oooh! I can confirm I got it installed!

Now I have a problem...

I'm half way through the original version. Do I finish it off or give it up? I kind of want to finish it off so I can get the full experience, although I'm dying for more voiceovers and interaction which I know I can get right away from 3.0. You see how this is a problem? lol

Also, I bought Piercing Fury a while back and haven't touched it. I was thinking of doing that one next, then coming back to TEW 3.0 just to change things up. Not sure what to do. Problem is now compounded!

Also, there's that sale ending real soon and I've got my eye on the Persian Gulf. A change of scenery would be nice, but I'm only flying the A-10 at this time and not sure what good campaigns/missions exist. Either way, I think I'm far from that. Still need to play PF and TEW 3.0.

Thanks again.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hey GTFreeFlyer..

If only what you just described were the only kind of problems people had :D

So my take is as follows: you can finish the original TEW, because you will then be able to better tell the difference between the two. Besides in the old one there are I think 3 missions which I removed and replaced in the new one with completely different ones, so at least you'll get to play them.

I think changing the things is a good idea, and with Piercing Fury you can't go wrong, as it is an excellent campaign (I've said it before and I will repeat it: better than the original TEW). Moving on to the TEW3 sounds like a good plan.

As for the PG - the first campaign I will do for that map would be for a Harrier, second one probably for F/A-18. Third one is planned for A-10C (but if F-15E is out by then, I might choose to go for it).

I don't know if you have NTTR - we've returned to working on the A-10C campaign for it called the Iron Flag, which is a very detailed and advanced training campaign. We're now catching up on the first instalment (first 10 missions). More info in MudSpike article and also a great

As mentioned in other thread - that was a mistake, the intention was to take the old one off sale the moment the new one came out. It should be done any moment now, I agree it wouldn’t be fair or look good. And as for new version being paid. I explained the reasons several times as much more work went into 3.0 than the original - but as a nod towards community it is available cheaper than any other campaign out there.

Developer has confirmed removal of the old one now on Steam...likely not until after the sale though. I don't care what any of the 'fanboyz' say (do people still use that term?), it looks bad keeping it on there.

How cheap they are has nothing to do with it. I've heard the same argument on the Battlefront boards justifying any price at all just to support the developers. Hogwash. Poor developers surround themselves in a cocoon of 'fanboyz' and avoid any negative criticism...and no, I'm obviously not suggesting ED or Battlefront are poor developers :music_whistling:

Your work is very much appreciated and it's the only reason I buy modules now...content. Without good campaigns, I don't bother. I don't have the free time (to be proficient enough) for Multiplayer. Just bought Mi8 yesterday because of the available campaigns (and the cross-play campaign with Ka50). I will be buying your new one, once I finish the old one as I'm confident it adds enough new material to justify it. Keep them coming. Next time though, make sure the new one is available on Steam (you or whomever has that power) in place of or at least side-by-side with the old one when a sale is on, and we'll all be happy :thumbup:.

Edited by aleader