ED to force a mouse click -> switch /dial useage?

viper2097

ED to force a mouse click -> switch /dial useage?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. ED to force a mouse click -> switch /dial useage?

• Yes, please, this would be so helpful!
    • No, every dev should do it how they want.
    • What? Never realized that there is a difference...

Simple thing, still so annoying...

As far as I have seen, the logic of interacting with switches, dials etc. in the cockpit has overall the same logic in ED planes (only except A-10C):

Mouse right click -> Switch fwd / up / right / away from me / turn clockwise

Mouse left click -> Switch aft / down / /left / to me / turn counter clockwise

Mouswheel down -> Pull things out (rotate CCW)

Mouswheel up -> Push things in (rotate CW)

In other modules (I can only speak for AJS-37, AV8B, M2K) this is most times a mess.

One switch acts as it should and the next acts in the opossite way.

No clear, 100% used system.

So simple question:

Do you think ED should force 3rd partie devs (and also themselvs) to use only one logic?

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Not a bad idea !

Less...ooops, wrong way, SIGH...moments

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Consistency with regard to cockpit controls has been an issue for nine years now (and that was when the only two modules came from ED). I have little hope that it will ever get the attention that it deserves.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry if this sounds pedantic, but every switch has two positions :) I think if there was a standard adopted then you would have to click left to switch it left and right to switch it right.

Alternatively, I suppose every 2-position switch could be actuated with either button, and only 3-position switches would require specificity.

Alternatively, I suppose every 2-position switch could be actuated with either button, and only 3-position switches would require specificity.

No, this should not be like that.

If it would be like you said, you can't move a switch "blind" cause you never know when it is in the left or right position.

Left click should only move left, right click only right, also on 2 position switches.

Especially in the Mirage, there are a lot of switches you can't see good (like radio power), so you need to operate them "blind"...

Steam user - Youtube

No, this should not be like that.

If it would be like you said, you can't move a switch "blind" cause you never know when it is in the left or right position.

Left click should only move left, right click only right, also on 2 position switches.

Especially in the Mirage, there are a lot of switches you can't see good (like radio power), so you need to operate them "blind"...

Oh, good point.

Just watched the cold and dark start up of the Tomcat...

Seems like there is the next mess incoming :-/

Master Test Switch -> Right click to pull it out / push it in. Left click to dial it (CW? How to turn it CW?)

Why did they not made it like the wing unlock in the F-18? (Mouswheel to pull it out / push it in, left / right lcik for turning...)

I really hope that ED is taking some action on this things...

Steam user - Youtube