MiG-21 Pilot's Helmet ?

Basco1

I don't see any MiG-21 Pilot skins with any different colour helmets other than grey,which is the default colour.

Is it not possible to skin them ?.........I would love to see just a plain white version,no markings etc......just plain white,this is what the majority of MiG-21Bis pilots wear......not grey.

I have notice though,when you eject,your 'grey' helmet,suddenly becomes white !......it does look a bit daft in practice.

The current default helmet is grey with '21' painted on the front ????.....not very realistic,and surely they could've done a better job than this?,it's these smaller details that make our flying complete.

Just an observation smilewink.gif just Google 'MiG 21Bis Pilot',and see where I'm coming from.

The MiG-21 Pilot as he appears from start up.......at this point he wears a Grey Helmet

DhiI.png

Once Ejected the pilot takes on a whole new look !...He's had time whilst ejecting to even change his flight suit,amazing !....and wait,he's also changed his helmet too,and wow,that's the helmet I'm after,Lol !

DhiL.png

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thanks to Keefy Boy........we are now getting a decent looking MiG-21 Pilot......with the standard era white helmet.

This is exactly how I wanted my MiG-21 to look like......PERFECTION !.....Thanks Keith thumbup.gif

KdLt.png

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

very nice! were to download?

Not my work or MOD Flanker,so I'll ask Keefy Boy when DCS can expect an upload biggrin.gif

Edited by Basco1

Oh yes......Very Nice Frischi234 thumbup.gif and again,so much better than the default version.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Mig 21 RCAF Pilots Custom Helmets.jpg

Hi Guys

I have found out how to script the LUA so as to customise the Mig-21 Helmet

for individual Pilots (shown Above) or any other part of the pilot outfit.

From the Mig 21bis Textures > MiG-21Bis_Pilot  folder copy the  MiG21Bis_Pilot.dds and place into your new skin folder and start customising then  add this text {"MIG21BIS_PILOT", 0, "MiG21Bis_Pilot", false}; to the description.lua   then Save/Export using theses compression  settings BC3/DTX5 with Mipmaps 

Thats it hope this helps.

Regards

Keith

Edited by Warlord64