How complete is the manual?

Birko

Hello there.

The pdf manual that came with my install of the Huey is missing the 'helicopter history' chapter saying it's 'under construction' which got me thinking about the completion of the documentation.

Seeing as the Huey has been released for a few years and everything ought to be complete by now, I was wondering if an older version of the manual is being downloaded with the Huey.

If it is actually the most recent version:

-Is it still being worked on to a completed state?

-Is everything that is completed correct and up-to-date?

Am otherwise enjoying the Huey a lot, it's been my gateway into helicopters!

Many thanks, and have a nice day!

Hello,

The team that created the UH1 is probably working on the Hornet right now, so I doubt we will ever get a finished manual.

However, you can give a read to Chuck's famous Guide: https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/DCS-UH-1H-Huey-Guide.pdf

And also a big part of the real thing manual does apply to the sim, making for a very useful resource, I dont remember where I got my copy, but here I can share a link to mine:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hJoOLsg8MSHOgYXo-A

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It'd be a shame if old projects got forgotten, but I suppose it's inevitable. I can't complain for the price I paid either being honest.

Chuck's guides are always a smashing read!

Thanks for the link! It doesn't seem like much useful info is missing from the DCS manual, but the real thing is invaluable.

Have a great day

Thanks for the link! It doesn't seem like much useful info is missing from the DCS manual, but the real thing is invaluable.

:thumbup: yes, I love to see how much of the real aircraft manual is pertinent to the Sim.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB