Wishing for a Longbow

Two-Six

I desire a Jane's Longbow 2, 2016 version....

SithSpawn, i will hope along with you!

Amen brother, that would be awesome!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I really have no clue how this works.. :(

We CAN get a A10C but not an Longbow. :mad:

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

There was a guy that build a really cool Apache simulator by himself, but not sure what happened to it. I wish he would be a 3rd party developer.

Check out his work right here: http://www.combat-helo.com/

I'm following this since the beginning.Well looks good but i must admit it gives me the feel of someone wasting its resources. Leaving aside they /he wanted to have their own game.It will have Nevada for training and a territory for real fight ; most probably one of the eastern areas.. And almost everything form scratch. :huh:

There is Nevada.. Right? And impossibly detailed.. And still comes the infamous Strait Of Hormuz.

3rd party developer license would do it.. Don't it?

I'm following this since the beginning.Well looks good but i must admit it gives me the feel of someone wasting its resources. Leaving aside they /he wanted to have their own game.It will have Nevada for training and a territory for real fight ; most probably one of the eastern areas.. And almost everything form scratch. :huh:

There is Nevada.. Right? And impossibly detailed.. And still comes the infamous Strait Of Hormuz.

3rd party developer license would do it.. Don't it?

Yea he is definitely wasting his resources. Because he is doing everything from scratch himself, I think thats why this project is probably dead, no updates from the developer in a long time. But the avionics and systems looked very very detailed for both cockpits. If he just became a 3rd party developer he wouldn't have to do it from scratch, and this would have turned out to be a very cool module, and probably would gave been out by now. Thats really too bad :(

It wouldn't surprise me if VEAO was working a deal with the Army to produce a simulator for the Army, or a foriegn operator, of the Apache that they can run on a PC like the A-10C was made for the Air Guard. Such a deal would preclude them from marketing it to the public if they're getting assistance from the Army in producing it.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

DCS A10C and the USAF Desktop Simulator are not exactly the same thing.

DCS A-10C is an Entertainment Version Derived from the Desktop simulator, there are plenty of changes, and ED was given permission to develop it.

There are other projects Affiliated with ED/TFC, The Battle Simulator etc etc.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I thought I remembered reading that VEAO got a deal to do a contracted one, which was why they had to abandon the dcs version for now.

I've been wanting this for a lonnnngggg time.

I realize some of the factors that go into deciding what modules DCS (and 3rd party devs) decide to do, but it still seems as though they pick some strange aircraft to do sometimes. There are some aircraft and helicopters that would be much better sellers than most of the current crop of modules, I suspect.

He doesn't intent to be in DCS World. I think he feels hard to discover another programming area or something - I don't know.

What I wonder is that how can this guy doing this? Has he got permissions? Has he got all flight model data from manufacturer?

The game engine isn't built for that type of game ans I do believe most is is guess work.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I would love a DCS AH-64.

An "A" would be great so that I could get my hands on the optics, better handling and power to weight ratio. I bet that girl flies good.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
People are probably going to destroy me but... Franze and Nodunit did an amazing clickable cockpit apache for Arma 2/3... https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/153452-ah-64d-apache-longbow-for-arma2-by-nodunit-and-franze/

Which has nothing to do with having an Apache in DCS World ;)

Lets try and keep the discussion on this sim, thanks guys.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ultimately.. the "A" is a fundamental addition to DCS world.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 years later...

+1

I am also a Longbower

After playing the stuffing out of Longbow2 back in the old days I have been interested in the Apache ever since.

I am still waiting for Longbow3 :joystick:

I am wondering if ED will do an Apache module?

It would really fit into Nevada too.

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + Pedals

(AB-detent Mod, Stick extension Mod)

HTC Cosmos VR

Track IR

----------

Intel i9-9900K

64GB Ram

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

• 8 months later...

There's a million of these post in the wishlist Kalrasha Cryton.

Just google dcs ah-64 apache etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158039

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 3 weeks later...

AH-64 and UH-60!!!! LETS GOOOOO

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

DCS A10C and the USAF Desktop Simulator are not exactly the same thing.

DCS A-10C is an Entertainment Version Derived from the Desktop simulator, there are plenty of changes, and ED was given permission to develop it.

There are other projects Affiliated with ED/TFC, The Battle Simulator etc etc.

such as?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD