MIG-23 UB

The real MIG-23UB does not have a radar and nether does mines.

:smartass:

Actually, it had. According to airwar.ru, MiG-23UB was initially deployed with С-21М Weapon system and РП-22С "Сапфир-21М" radar. Only after it was discovered that radar does not worked reliably in this model, it was excluded from production, and sometimes dismounted and replaced by balance washers in the field.

But I do understand that it may be not worth to do in the mod.

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

The real MIG-23UB does not have a radar and nether does mines.

Weapons do work and those are unguided air to ground and for air to air, heat seekers.

Close enough for me. Thanks! Now we just need a cessna mod for opfor ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 weeks later...
dcs crash during takeoff with the mig-23

Do you have the latest version Of the MIGr23UB?

Also what DCS version are you running ? Open beta or stable?

Here is the latest build

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y9w2x11nzk5hxq/MiG-23UB.7z?dl=0

Best regards:

CubanAce.

Edited by cubanace

Thank you cubanace,

Amazing work - this thread should be sticky up the top of the forum. Do you have any means some of us can reimburse you for your incredible work (and generosity in sharing)?

Take care.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Thank you cubanace,

Amazing work - this thread should be sticky up the top of the forum. Do you have any means some of us can reimburse you for your incredible work (and generosity in sharing)?

Take care.

Hello and i am glad You like the mod,

If you want to help you can do so by reporting bugs.

incredible! please rework the soviet skin, too. please try to align the different colors of the camo patterns. the edges fit not very good when skin displayed on the 3-d-model. for instance green meets brown with a very sharp edge without transition and so on. . .

Edited by flanker1

incredible! please rework the soviet on, too. please try to align the different colors of the camo patterns. the edges fit not very good when skin displayed on the 3-d-model. for instance green meets brown with a very sharp edge without transition and so on. . .

Urbi has done an amazing job painting the new skins for the MIG-23UB but just like he said we are not proffesionals And still learning i also landed a full time job and im busy.

I will address What you Mention But it will take time

The paintkit will be released Shortly.

Best regards:

Cubanace

Edited by cubanace

In this video at 20min you can see an Mig-23UB in real combat A-A configuration, they never carry R-23/24 missiles. Mig-23UB never use APU-23M. See instead BD3 pylon with Apu-13 or Apu-60

You're right, because the original MIG-23UB had no radar, it could only use the R-60MK and S-3S missiles. The MIG-23ML can use both SARH (23R / T and 24R / T) and R-60. In Angola, Cubans used the MF for A / G exclusively, the ML for CAP, the UB was for passive SCOUT operations.

Edited by JunMcKill

• 3 weeks later...

Hope it is OK - DCS streamlined icons

Hello,

Hope it is OK, I have streamlined icons as per DCS style - plain, blue halo, and white halo, also added 3D effect and a slightly different shadow.

Thank you for this awesome mod.

icon.png.0e188d8b171a0458f461d9587931ff94.png

icon_active.png.257952402ffa24679c6cba3a5b202cb9.png

icon_select.png.3774fa70e14d1d2b2fadbc2fc0a51aca.png

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

• 3 weeks later...