MIG-23 UB

Do you plan on exploring the multicrew system that the MB-339A developers have been working on?

This is a Trainer so Multicrew is a most, but without SDK I will be limited on what I can simulate in terms of multicrew,but you will be able to take control and look around,EFM will offer more control of what I can accomplish.

Edited by cubanace

The model looks great!

cppimmo - Developer for Crosstail Studios  :lol::pilotfly::thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6GHz, 12GB 3200MHz, MSI GAMING X GTX1060 6GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB SSD, 124GB SDD, T1600m FCS, TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's extremely rare for one person to have all the skills necessary to model, code, and script, etc, something as complicated as an aircraft, besides not having access to the SDK. The A-4 was developed with an entire team of people with assorted complimentary skills. I think in order to do this, especially with any degree of real quality, will either

A. Never happen as you suffer from burnout and run into blockers

B. Will take many, many years

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's extremely rare for one person to have all the skills necessary to model, code, and script, etc, something as complicated as an aircraft, besides not having access to the SDK. The A-4 was developed with an entire team of people with assorted complimentary skills. I think in order to do this, especially with any degree of real quality, will either

I Agree, besides having like 3 or 4 projects at the same time... Too ambitious me thinks...

The A-4 took a very skilled and motivated team about 2 years to release.. and about 3 to 4 months to polish....

I will gladly fly it in 2025, in the mean time I´ll fly Razbam´s Mig 23 ;)

A. Never happen as you suffer from burnout and run into blockers

B. Will take many, many years

I understand your point and yes this is extremely hard but! I am not your ordinary modder I understand various aspects of DCS ,sure I may not be a professional in ether of them but I can do it all by my self, I don't see any limitations, that is what learning is for,I can model,animate,code and make things work in dcs,it will take longer of course I agree on that .

Best Regards: CubanAce.

Edited by cubanace

I Agree, besides having like 3 or 4 projects at the same time... Too ambitious me thinks...

The A-4 took a very skilled and motivated team about 2 years to release.. and about 3 to 4 months to polish....

I will gladly fly it in 2025, in the mean time I´ll fly Razbam´s Mig 23 ;)

Where do you get your information? My current projects are two,The SU-57 and MIG-23UB ,rest are 3D modeling practicing and assets that I post in my FB page ,and I am not alone I got DCS community and that is all I need.

Best regards :CubanAce.

Edited by cubanace

This is a one man project after all ? I read on r/hoggit yesterday a topic about someone on "the team" leaving because some disagreement. The topic has been removed since then :/

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

This is a one man project after all ? I read on r/hoggit yesterday a topic about someone on "the team" leaving because some disagreement. The topic has been removed since then :/

He's name is Sirius we did not agree on release date set for the MIG, I will not release a broken project.

And now there is even more things planned in regards the MIG-23UB so it's my duty to make sure it is properly simulated .

Full fidelity

EFM

Best Regards: CubanAce

Most of us would be agree with Sirius IMHO

So I think you should...

1. release the 3D model of the aircraft ASAP (in that phase you can accept the most helps from pros)

and later update to

2. functional AI aircraft

3. functional flyable/human aircraft with Su-25T cockpit (basic external animations: gear, canopy, control surfaces, lights)

4. advanced system modeling (above + LUA calculations for flaps, wings, mach-ramps etc.)

5. same as above but with FC3 AFM/EFM modding and/or with other FC3 cockpits

6. finally: above + using own MiG-23UB cockpit

Other higher steps will be impossible to you (AFM/EFM/ASM/PSM)

Sorry, (everything is possible in DCS), however if you can not make a contract with ED and/or you do not have 20+ yrs experience in flight sims (I do not mean playing/gaming) then: end of story / end of project

BTW: do not worry about finished/perfect (not broken) project or proper simulation/ full fidelity (in the whole DCS-universe). Those are only illusion(s).

Ps.:

The later you release the model the less people will be interested coz of the upcoming RAZBAM:MiG-23 what will be "dimmed" the light of your "project"

May the THRUST be with you

Most of us would be agree with Sirius IMHO

So I think you should...

1. release the 3D model of the aircraft ASAP (in that phase you can accept the most helps from pros)

and later update to

2. functional AI aircraft

3. functional flyable/human aircraft with Su-25T cockpit (basic external animations: gear, canopy, control surfaces, lights)

4. advanced system modeling (above + LUA calculations for flaps, wings, mach-ramps etc.)

5. same as above but with FC3 AFM/EFM modding and/or with other FC3 cockpits

6. finally: above + using own MiG-23UB cockpit

Other higher steps will be impossible to you (AFM/EFM/ASM/PSM)

Sorry, (everything is possible in DCS), however if you can not make a contract with ED and/or you do not have 20+ yrs experience in flight sims (I do not mean playing/gaming) then: end of story / end of project

BTW: do not worry about finished/perfect (not broken) project or proper simulation/ full fidelity (in the whole DCS-universe). Those are only illusion(s).

Ps.:

The later you release the model the less people will be interested coz of the upcoming RAZBAM:MiG-23 what will be "dimmed" the light of your "project"

So you agree with Sirius to release a project that most external and internal animations are not completely complete,the external model and cockpit need alot of work in terms of fixing, animations, iluminations , materials to be properly applied,damage detection, connectors,point helpers,scripts.

And you agree with Sirius?

He should of never set a release date in the first place because of the condition the project was in and in such and early state ,it's because of him that you for example are requesting release now I got to deal with inpatient people because of this.

Well I do not and I won't release this project untill I'm done working on it ,as For what's planned I already made my decision Full fidelity and AI only,so the AI will release first.

The AI will include proper FM simulation done with real flight characteristics made from the real manual,damage detection,damage textures and set of weapons used on the UB.

Best regards: Cubanace.

Edited by cubanace

I agree with Cuban on that front. What 'the community' (who know nothing about the behind the scenes situation) thinks should be done with a private project is utterly irrelevant. It always blows my mind people have the balls to make demands of modders or tell them what's what about their own project.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's important to remember that building an SFM does not lead into building an EFM. They are coded in two different ways. So a module released with an SFM is only wasting time if they intend to move on to an EFM.

Well, All I can say is best of luck Cubanace. I truly wish you the best in this endeavour.

I remain Skeptical, tho i would love you to prove me wrong ;)

By the way I totally agree with you on release date.

Release it when You feel it´s ready, you don´t owe anybody anything ;)

Ok guys I have news in regards the MIG-23UB

it is now aimed at Full fidelity.

Also I am sorry to say that the MIG-23UB will not be released on MAy 15 like it was stated before

i have a lot to read and study in regards the MIG-23UB in terms of systems so please understand, this is a huge task and takes time to get everything simulated the way it should be.

Best regards: CubanAce.

Cubanace,

you have told us so bold statements, and do you even feel obliged to beg us to understand you if you don't feel sure to release a project if this doesn't convince you enough to?

You owe my deep respect, trust me on my words.

My little own cent, but coming straight from heart.

All the best. You really deserve.

I support the decision to delay it until it's ready and release the AI first.

Good luck to you!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I heard about this mod couple weeks ago, I was surprised that it gets released in couple weeks. I thought the project was already so well advanced that it was possible.

Then I read today that it wasn't ready to be released, so I was sad that such timeline was given as suddenly project wanted to go from a SFM to EFM etc.

Like why to give such schedule or why to grow project totally another. Like why?

But now I think that I understand. I read more in few minutes and learned that such timetable was given when project was in start, not smart. So better wait to get project ready until announce timetable.

Then I learned that project was middle of big changes, so no change to release.

And then I realized that better do the EFM well from start, than scratch SFM after release. So again good thing to do.

So again, one can get crushed by own dreams, loving this own dreams itself, and when things don't go as one wants and those dreams pop, everyone needs to take a look at themselves that why did they build those dreams in first place.

I wish the project good times, as it is needed. And it is well understandable why it needs more time. And why we need to give it more time.

I just wish now that project ambitious doesn't get too high, as such projects does grow quickly to very big ones that small teams can't handle and they become burden for developers.

For that I just repeat the old wisdom: release early; release often.

So get project out, get small updates as often as possible. Let the project grow in stay form. As "finished" release doesn't exist.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

hi cubanance, thank you for keeping us up to date with this amazing project! i am not quite sure regarding your pictures, but isn´t the nose cone slightly smaller or more pointed at the -ub compared to the -ml/mld variants for example??

hi cubanance, thank you for keeping us up to date with this amazing project! i am not quite sure regarding your pictures, but isn´t the nose cone slightly smaller or more pointed at the -ub compared to the -ml/mld variants for example??

UB has a slightly longer more pointed nose,the reason it's a bit noticed is because they took out the Radar so the nose is not as thick.

Edited by cubanace

Hey Cuban best regards, I hope this project turns out well. I just wanted to mention if you had contacted the artist that made this? I believe his name is Alex Iartsev and goes by Renderdock. The original on deviantart has his signature. I don’t know if maybe having the MiG-23MLA removed from the picture has something to do with it.

Thank you and good luck

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg