GA productions presents: *EDGE* - New Black Shark movie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Couple of questions:

at ~02:04, is that a signalling flare? I know the Ka-50, mi-24 and mi-8 use them for emergencys/broken radio/radio silence.

The blue-ish cokcpit lighting, is that standard, or some Premiere effect?

02:51, thanks for adding that dam, the question is, can we destroy it?

Thank you ED for adding people. Can we have Jihadists too, I want to piss them off by circling around them in the Ka-50, while their 5.45mm BB guns can't penetrate my 12.7mm RUSSIAN rated ballistic glass, so no whiny .50cal, .50cal+ :P

And finally, f*** Operation Flashpoint with its arcade FM, BS rules, and thank you GA for making the video. (you know I'm a purist, and not fancy effects, but this is nicely done, and not overdone)

To answer your questions:

- Yes, those are signal flares, also visible at 03:43 (night shot), and 03:45.

- blueish cockpit (i'm assuming you're talking about the shot with NVG's), thats in-game. I flipped a switch and this blue light came on. :P

At 02:31, this is pretty much how the game looks. I didnt overdo the colors here. They are just a little darker than usual, and some suttle glow, other than that, you see how the game really looks.

To answer your questions:

- Yes, those are signal flares, also visible at 03:43 (night shot), and 03:45.

- blueish cockpit (i'm assuming you're talking about the shot with NVG's), thats in-game. I flipped a switch and this blue light came on. :P

At 02:31, this is pretty much how the game looks. I didnt overdo the colors here. They are just a little darker than usual, and some suttle glow, other than that, you see how the game really looks.

Thank you for answering :) Nice vid, again.

Wee, blue-Airworlf-like pits.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

HOLY!!! HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY SH**!! WOW!! Did I just really watch that?? Did I see infantry running.... OMG! You are freaking kidding me... That is in game?? You freaking serious??? HOLY!!

ALRIGHT ED!! Hand it over! I want the game....and I want it right NOWW!! Do it or the KITTEN DIES!!

kitten_die.jpg

Top notch movie GA! Great job Bro! You have really outdone yourself this time. I agree...you got the perfect blend of editing and vanilla BS. NICE!! NICE!! :D great job dude! :D

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

lol! I probably bugged ED for infantry since FC was being worked on. :p lmao! :p FInally! :D OOOO..... OOOH.... please tell me Igla's and stinger soldiers also move and run. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

yeah...lol! I just watched it again and noticed that :p lol.. ;) Thanks! :)

comeon Evil, that feature of infantry is worth spending the additional time to implement properly. Seriously...that factor of immersion alone can add SOOOO MUCH fun to the game. Imagine a experienced level stinger running and hiding after taking out a chopper. Imagine the franticness of "AAAAAAAAHHHH!! where the hell is he??" Then, as in real life...u have to rely on sharp insticts to notice the smoke trails, the glare of a launch and so on. That would be insane amount of fun. :D lol! thanks for adding this ED! You have no idea how excited I am. :D ... lol! Initially, I was like.....meh! I probably won't get BS until I see how other ppl comment on it. Now, I am ready to preorder it :p

I catched the line... downloading now. :D

Later Edit

People!! :D Running people (err... soldiers... I mean... people you are allow to shoot, j/k). Nice action pack movie...

Now... ok, ok... I won't ask that question... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I know Witchking and they're trying, as you can see. Just giving you a heads up - it really is an experiment right now.

Stinger guys are animated, but don't move (i.e. they turn and point up/down, etc., but in one spot). That's an RPG you're looking at in that screenshot. He is fully "mobile" and will even take a shot at your chopper when you're busy thinking about grandma's cookies.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

nice! :D Hopefully ED can focus on the infantry + stinger guys and make this game as fun as never before in a flight sim. I can almost imagine ED doing a comanche 4 style gameplay with only more realism with BS. :D Insane! :D It would be well worth the time and the effort required.

cant friggin download the Jabog-site has too many connections :(

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Downloading…

I made a bad fall from my chair while downloading at 10% and after watching the Youtube version already.

That is a very hot movie (I can’t wait to press all these pretty buttons…)

My score: “Integer overflow” /10 :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Nice job GA!!!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Nice Video!

LOL I noticed in the pit onboard computer starting up and listing BIOS post with 486Dx2 CPU LOL :lol:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

@GA

as said many times before:

Great video and probably also a great July Announcement!

I also noticed the BIOS startup screen... What are the specs of that rig? 16mb ram, voodoo banshee video card maybe:)

I hope the mobo drivers of this rig are all up to date and working so we don't have to see the startup screen to often during a mission while programming several attack points. (hopefully Linux instead of Window, or much worse: Vista)

On a completely tangential note....

While watching you use the mouse to interact with the avionics (really looking forward to that clickable pit btw) I realized that having a mouse cursor linked to coordinates on the screen may not be the optimal scheme when trying to hit buttons in a 3D cockpit wearing a head tracker.

As a longtime TrackIR user myself I know that it can be very tiring to hold your head completely still. And I imagine that you need to do exactly that while manipulating the buttons in the cockpit - since the mouse cursor is linked to your screen, any head movements will throw you off target and requires a correction of either the mouse your your head position. Add in the fact that you probably have to keep an eye on your other instruments and the ground to boot, and I imagine that us trackir users may be in for some hairy moments.

Anyway, this got me thinking that it would make more sense if your cursor movements were interpreted as being relative to the cockpit itself - and not the screen through which you are viewing it. To explain: the cursor ought to stick where you last left it when you pan around with your hat or TrackIR - so that you don't need to hold your head still in order to hit a particular button.

Obviously this is not quite trivial to implement in practice, since the cockpit is a three-dimensional object while your mouse only moves on one plane - but imho it might be well worth investing some intellectual capital on it - I am convinced that this will save a lot of stiff necks in the long run :)

Oh and ps: Digger video'n din, stikk innom #lomac en dag da :thumbup:

• Like 2

As a longtime TrackIR user myself I know that it can be very tiring to hold your head completely still. And I imagine that you need to do exactly that while manipulating the buttons in the cockpit - since the mouse cursor is linked to your screen, any head movements will throw you off target and requires a correction of either the mouse your your head position. Add in the fact that you probably have to keep an eye on your other instruments and the ground to boot, and I imagine that us trackir users may be in for some hairy moments.

I know this issue too from MSFS, but there is a simple way to get rid of this problem:

set a button (like center for Trackir) on your hotas for disable TrackIr. And after releasing this button TrackIr is functional again.

Ok- you can't move your head while clicking the cockpit but you are sure that you will reach the right switch.:smilewink:

Yep, I flew myself into the ground fighting to switch waypoints - but - remember, you have a button that allows you to temporarily toggle tir off...use it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

While watching you use the mouse to interact with the avionics (really looking forward to that clickable pit btw) I realized that having a mouse cursor linked to coordinates on the screen may not be the optimal scheme when trying to hit buttons in a 3D cockpit wearing a head tracker.

Anyway, this got me thinking that it would make more sense if your cursor movements were interpreted as being relative to the cockpit itself - and not the screen through which you are viewing it. To explain: the cursor ought to stick where you last left it when you pan around with your hat or TrackIR - so that you don't need to hold your head still in order to hit a particular button.

Obviously this is not quite trivial to implement in practice, since the cockpit is a three-dimensional object while your mouse only moves on one plane - but imho it might be well worth investing some intellectual capital on it - I am convinced that this will save a lot of stiff necks in the long run :)

Oh and ps: Digger video'n din, stikk innom #lomac en dag da :thumbup:

Well, the way i do, i click all the buttons that needs to be pressed way before i head into the heat of battle, that way, all i need to worry about is my flying and shooting ;)

PS: Hvilken "#lomac" kanal mener du? quakenet via irc?