AGM-141 TALD

diditopgun

Hello !

In the HB F-14 manual, special weapon ADM-141 TALD is listed.

Will it be available at EA release ? How will it work ?

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I don't think it will be available at EA release. The TALD is also listed for the Hornet by ED, so maybe HB will wait for it getting implemented by ED and then adpot it for the Tomcat as well. It wouldn't make sensse to have two different implementations of the AGM-141.

How it will work: You give it a destination and shoot it. Enemy SAMs will think it's an aircraft and waste their missiles at it.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I thought that's what my wingman is for.... Oh well!

That's when you fly a Wild Weasel (F-105G, F-4G, F-16CJ), not when flying a Tomcat ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

They are currently in and working, on the F-14 they were programmed on the deck/ground with no possibility to change programming in the air.

As of now they will glide straight ahead until they run out of speed and altitude. It's currently not possible to program them otherwise.

They are currently in and working, on the F-14 they were programmed on the deck/ground with no possibility to change programming in the air.

As of now they will glide straight ahead until they run out of speed and altitude. It's currently not possible to program them otherwise.

Awesome : )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, y'all really meant as complete as possible.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

:cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

TWS before Hornet gets it pinkie-approved.png

TGP before Hornet gets it pinkie-approved.png

TALD before Hornet gets it pinkie-approved.png

I see what you did there ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Does it only work agains't SAMs? Would these possibly work against an enemy air radar?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hmm, not really happy about that, as it means we will then have yet another weapon that will exists in different implementations in DCS (just like the (M-60 for the MiG-21 and Su-25). Heatblur will have it's own variant of the AGM-141 for the Tomcat and ED will have theirs for the Hornet. They will be different weapons incompatible with the other aircraft and will cause confusion in the warehouse settings :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, not really happy about that, as it means we will then have yet another weapon that will exists in different implementations in DCS (just like the (M-60 for the MiG-21 and Su-25). Heatblur will have it's own variant of the AGM-141 for the Tomcat and ED will have theirs for the Hornet. They will be different weapons incompatible with the other aircraft and will cause confusion in the warehouse settings :(

It's ED's TALD that we're using. If they make it possible for us to program it somehow before take-off we'll do it.

It's ED's TALD that we're using. If they make it possible for us to program it somehow before take-off we'll do it.

Ohhhh, well then I take everything back. That's excellent news then! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wut??

F-14A launching a TALD

Not sure what you're trying to say?

In the comment you quoted I wasn't talking about the TALD. I was responding to a comment that someone else made before: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3796001#post3796001

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...