Cold start training mission

Birko

Hello everyone.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or if I was just doing something wrong, so I haven't put it in the bug section.

In the cold start mission, a few seconds after pushing the fuel flow lever forward, the gazelle jolts clockwise and I think the engine dies? The rotor rpm reaches about 2800, there's a bang and a jolt, and the turbine and rotor rpm both fall. I'm not sure what it is that happens as I'm not too used to the gazelle yet.

The manual was no help at all- there is nothing for the cold start procedure apart from "a training mission about start-up procedure is part of the module".

I'd appreciate any help very much!

(and a complete manual)

Have a good day everyone, and thank you!

Edited by Birko

I think I've got it figured out.

I was pushing the fuel lever the whole way forward- when it only has to go forward a bit to get the rotors spinning, and then you have to push it so the rotor and turbine rpm rise together.

If only I had a manual to tell me that :lol:

yeah you've got it ; there is a clutch in the system that has to slip for some time before the rotor speed matches the turbine's ; if you push the turbine too high too fast, the clutch slips for too long and dies, along with the engine ;)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !