A-4E-C Blowing Up

After the most current beta patch 2/13/2019, my A-4E-C blows up at the very start of the mission, just after the start screen. I went into mission editor and removed all weapons and it still blows up!!! Not sure what the problem as before the patch I've flown the mission several times. Anyone experiencing this after patching?

No problem if I go to a mission with the F/A-18C.

Edited by Speedbrake

The Dev Team is aware and they are working the issue.

Continued great support from these guys.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

It's the same for me. However, if you build a mission where the skyhawk is already airborne, you can still use it. The A-4 only blows up when you start on the ground.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Problem persists with version 2.5.4.27430 Beta (Hotfix) released today. Still explodes in a blaze of glory. :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

DCS internal bug - fixed internally will be in next openbeta build

Will there be another hotfix or do we have to wait until next regular build?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

You can also set an air launch near an airfield, land, refuel and rearm and then depart the airfield.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DCS internal bug - fixed internally will be in next openbeta build

There still seem to be part of the bug remaining which is specific to SFM aircraft. The physics of the nose wheel doesn't work if the speed is greater than 82 knots resulting in the nose wheel passing through the ground. The wheels also stop spinning which might indicate a physics engine issue. The conditions for this bug is:

- mission started in the air

- speed greater than 82 knots

- SFM aircraft

Once the speed falls below 82 knots, the SFM suddenly changes and the nose wheel starts reacting normally. The aircraft nose will rise from the ground and nose wheel will stay on the ground.

This significantly affects the ability to land on a carrier due to the large stopping force of the carrier wires.

00UUTbX.png

9NGKYAR.png

BAwQVkH.png

Edited by heclak

Never noticed the problem with the nosewheel sinking in the ground, but I'm always starting on the runway or the carrier-deck.

Immediately after the start of the mission, the suspension of the nose wheel is raised slightly and the wheel is slightly above the ground (the tire is a few inches in the air). Never saw this behavior in earlier versions or with AI aircraft. I'm using version 1.3, open beta, no Steam.

Screen_190316_104441.thumb.png.59d06cedb5712724c82b5a9eb4256026.png

Never noticed the problem with the nosewheel sinking in the ground, but I'm always starting on the runway or the carrier-deck.

Immediately after the start of the mission, the suspension of the nose wheel is raised slightly and the wheel is slightly above the ground (the tire is a few inches in the air). Never saw this behavior in earlier versions or with AI aircraft. I'm using version 1.3, open beta, no Steam.

Norbot,

The issue about the raised nosewheel can be handled from our side of the code, no need for ED intervention. I've actually just fixed it on my copy now. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.