Wingman Dropping Flares Instead of Bombs

dresoccer4

so i'm playing the new Enemy Within campaign, and on one mission i order my wingman to attack some vehicles, which he does with laser guided bombs. good job. then some more vehicles pop up and my wingman runs in and says "bombs away!" and proceeds to drop 2 flares :noexpression:

he then does this again. he has rockets and his gun available. anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Sounds like a high quality troll made me chuckle:d

did you try ordering him to use specific weapons or are you just using the attack command?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

regular "engage ground targets" ... didn't know you could demand a certain weapon. damn wingman has a mind of his own

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I dont remember the exact words but you can tell them something like " srcond element engage targets of oppurtunity with rockets". Then they will try to find ground targets and engage them with rockets

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

but why would he drop flares on the enemy? they're not vampires (i hope)